What Supposed to be a Welcome Dinner

Sweet Sorrow

The big hall in the lee’s mansion, beautifully decorated. Every thing seems too perfect to be true, it even seems like they are having some party to welcome a royal family. Well, it doesn’t seem impossible for the lee’s family at all.

They’re welcoming their missing family, who gone for years, missing without any news, and finally.. after 13 years of a difficult time searching for the three young kids of the Lee’s.. they found them..

The three young ladies..

 

The big hall already crowded with a lot of guests, all of them coming from just the same prestigious family’s as the Lee’s..

And for an event held by the Lee’s, it’s a must…

It’s such a waste to let the invitation slipped..

Because first, being the biggest property’s company in Asia, making the company itself as the best option as a business partner, and who the hell will let this kind of opportunity gone by vain?

Second, the family it self are known well by pretty much into international business, as well from international company, and it sure to show some respect to come for a simple dinner invitation, right?

Last.. and for sure.. the news spread through the media in second, make them know why they’re invited to the dinner tonight.. and curiousity gets the best of them, wanting to know.. just what kind of person the three young lady of Lee’s are..

 

“Hmm..” a clear sound echoed through the big hall, and all eyes darted to the old lady, standing in the small podium, holding a mic with her.

“First of all.. I would like to send you all my gratitude for you to spare some time to attend this dinner..” the old lady known as Lee Soonkyu, the owner of Lee’s group, the only family of the Lee’s daughter spoke.

“I believe you all already know the purpose of this dinner tonight..” she added, getting the room all silent, only her firm wise voice echoed inside the big hall.

“You all already heard about the accident that happened 13 years ago, which sadly, make me losing my son and his wife, along with three of my grand daughters..” she said, her firm expression haven’t changed at all.

“Leaving me with only one of my grand daughter..” she added, taking a glance over a petite figure, standing not to far beside her, with the very same expression, wearing a short tight white dress, hairs falling through her shoulders, and behind her, standing another girl, wearing a blazer with tight jeans, all in black with only a white blouse, known as the one and only Lee Taeyeon’s personal assistant, Kim Hyoyeon.

“But few days ago.. after a long-time looking for my lost granddaughters..” a slight smile formed, remembering the three figures “I’ve found them..”

“And I just can’t say it into words for how much I’ve been feeling really grateful over this..” she said “that’s why.. I humbly invite you all to my small dinner party.. and together welcoming my three dear granddaughters into my family..” and for the first time that night, a warm smile formed on her face.

And with that, coming down from the big spiral stairs in the right side of the room, three young lady, a girl with pink dress but rather a cocky look, the tallest one in tight black dress with a cold expression, and another one in blue sky dress with a warm smile instead.

Like how everything already being planned, the three young lady made their way to the small podium, standing right beside their grandmother, someone they merely know.

Even two out of the three new princesses not seem to be in a friendly manner, all people there, young and old, girl, boys, man and women, surely can’t even take their eyes of the rare beauty the girls show.

Ah.. what a lucky girls..”

“Look at how beautiful they are.. They sure are really the Lee’s..”

“They’re really just worth finding for..”

And soft whispers start to fill the quiet room..

“So, let me introduce..” Mrs.Lee said, bringing the room back into it silence “This is the second child of Lee’s, Lee Miyoung..” she said, pointing to the red dressed girl “and this is the third, Lee Sooyoung..” she added, pointing to the cold expression girl “and this is Lee seohyun, the younger..” she finished.

“Along with Taeyeon, they’re all sure are the next heiress of Lee’s group..” the old lady added “so, from now on.. aside from their normal school, they’re going to learn more about Lee’s group by taking private business study for now until they get into college, and it should be in no time to let them take over all the Lee’s property…” she announced.

“So.. let’s get the dinner starts, and I would like you all to have a warm talk with my granddaughters..” she said, and as far, everything going smooth as planned, letting her granddaughters to get into the business circle is important, getting all the light for tonight, glued all eyes on the three young ladies, and that’s what Mrs.Lee does.

-----

 

“Hyo, can you keep an eye at Seohyun, please?” Taeyeon asked, staring at her personal assistant, standing beside the podium “I will take care of Miyoung and Sooyoung..” she smiled.

“Okay, miss Kim..” Hyoyeon answered, bowing slightly, before going to find the younger Lee’s who already going around minutes before.

Taeyeon escapes a frustration sigh, looking at the girl’s back until she is out from her sight, before she turned back to her sisters.

 

“Come on, Miyoung, Sooyoung..” Taeyeon called.

“How many times I need to tell you to stop calling me Miyoung?!” one of the girl snapped, annoyed, both arms folded on her chest.

On the other hand, the taller one seems to keep her cold and hard face, her expression unchanging since Taeyeon met them all yesterday, more, the tall girl surely keeping a gap between them all, an obvious distance.

“It’s your name, Miyoung..” Taeyeon stated firmly, trying not to sound annoyed by the latter’s rude behavior, but still able to flash a warm smile to some guest who looking at their spot, and the slow music just make it quite hard to hear any conversation nearby.

“My name is Tiffany.. Jung Tiffany..” she said annoyingly “how many times that I need to tell you that, missy!!”

“Yah! Watch your words!” Taeyeon said sternly, trying not to lose her temper, exactly not in this kind of situation “I’m your sister.. your older sister..”

Tiffany scoffed “what a joke..” she said, rolling her eyes “we merely know each other.. we just met yesterday..”

Taeyeon sighed, no uttering any words, glancing over to her quiet sister, she doesn’t even seem to take a damn on the small argument “whatever..” she said tiredly “just.. let’s go around..” and without saying any words, not giving another chance for the other girl to throw another protest, Taeyeon walk around with her two sisters.

-----

 

 

In the other side of the house, standing a tall girl who nervously fidgeting around the garden.

“Where are they?” she sighed, walking back and forth, and just then, a bunch of little kids, along with a girl around her age come over, going inside from a small gate in the back garden.

“Amber, what took you so long?!” the young dressed lady asked.

“Sorry, these kids took forever to get ready!” the short haired girl exclaimed in a whisper, walking closer to her bestfriend “they have been—hyunn, is that you!?” she asked, staring in awe at her bestfriend. She is only wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans, obviously not a dress code for today’s dinner party. And along with the 9 kids around 6-8 who dressed poorly.

The tall girl grinned, pinching the edge of her dress, before make a rotation “why? don’t I look beautiful tonight?” she asked.

“..err.. ye-yeah, of—of course..” Amber blushed, making the tall girl giggling silently.

“What with your red face..” Seohyun teased “should we just go in-..” her word stopped when something caught her eyes.

“Hara.. didn’t I already tell you not to bring bonbon with you?” the tall girl scolded, before shifting her gaze back to the her bestfriend “Amber, she can’t bring that inside!”

“Hmm.. er.. I already told her, but she stubbornly brought that..” Amber awkwardly scratched her nape.

“But, unniee..” the little girl whined, hugging the four legs creature which cover with thick white fur, tightly, refusing to let the cute little dog from her embrace “bonbon will get lonely without me.. and if I left bonbon at home, uncle Hyundong will kick it..” she pouted.

“I’m so dead if they found me bringing you guys inside.. and if they found the dog, I will even more screwed..”

“Hyun..” Amber stared at her bestfriend apologetically “should we just come back home?”

“Noo!” the tall girl quickly refused “I invited you guys to this dinner.. of course you all should at least have dinner before going home..” she added “you guys haven’t had dinner, right?”

“..yeah..”

“Then.. let’s go..” Seohyun grinned, linking her arm on the blushing Amber, before walking inside the house from the back door, followed by the little kids.

 

Since the dinner party held in the main hall of lee’s mansion, Seohyun brings all the kids along with her bestfriend into the big dining room, which surely being empty by the busy moment. All the maids are working outside, serving the important guests in the main hall.

“Wait here, okay?” Seohyun said “I will come back in minutes..”

“Okay, unniee..” the kids chirped almost together.

"Amber, look after them, okay?"

"Okay miss Lee.." Amber playfully salute the tall girl, making the girl giggled before leaving the dining room.

It’s not even a minute since the tall girl stepped out from the room, some of the kids already stood up from their seat, and start scattering around the dining room.

“Yah! Kids!” Amber scolded “sit back down!”

“Unnie, we are not going to go anywhere..”

“Yeah.. we just want to take a peak..” they reasoned, walking to the big door which connected to the main hall, opened it slightly, and start struggling with each other to take a peak from the small gap.

“Kids, sit back down!” Amber walked closer, trying to get the kids back to their seat.

“Unnie.. we just—ack! bonbon!” little Hara yelled slightly when her little dog jumped out from her embrace, using the small gap between the door to run out immediately.

“Oh, damn!” Amber cursed, obviously followed by the little innocent kids behind her “yah! don’t imitate me!” she nagged, before turning back to the little Hara… who, went missing..

“Har-.. Oh, damn!! Where’s hara?!” she panicked.

“I will look for her!” little Jonghyun exclaimed excitedly, swiftly stormed out from the dining room.

“What?! no—no! wait—jonghyun!! Arghh!!”

“Me too!!” another kid exclaimed loudly, followed by other kids “mee too!!”

“Ya-yahh!! Don’t!! hyun will get mad at--!! Argghh!!” and before Amber knows it, the dining room left with less then half the kids, face palming herself, she mumbled “..I’m so in trouble…”