3rd Place

Waiting for you

    " What?!" I said as I stared at Sanghyuk tying his shoelaces, in shock. He looked up at me grinning from ear to ear.

" I've got a girlfriend" he said grinning.

It still didnt sink in. HOW?.

" Yah...so who is...who is it?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

" Minhee ah " he said happily.

" Wait..what?! I thought she was going out with Shinwoo " I said confused.

" Apparently they broke up about a week ago " he said getting upto full height.

" Oh...well chukhahamnida!! " I said patting his shoulder.

" Ah...its nothing.." he said blushing red.

" So are you guys going out now?" I asked.

" A..ani I told her I had to walk you home " he said rubbing the back of his head.

" PABO!!" I yelled smacking his head " She's your girlfriend!! you cant just ditch her like that!! ".

" B..but your my best friend.." he said.

I felt my cheeks turn red " Your girlfriend comes first pabo!! I can take care of myself " I said folding my arms across my chest.

" Honestly...I dont wanna do that " he said.

I looked at him in shock, just as I opened my mouth to say something a high pitched voice rang in my ear.

" Sanghyuk-ah!!"

       The two of us turned to see the prettiest girl in the whole school waving at us happily, Jung Minhee. I grabbed Sanghyuk by the shoulder and whispered something to him. He looked at me bewildered.

" Look just trust me ok?" I said smiling.

He sighed and went towards Minhee, " Minhee-ah lets walk home together ok?" he said blushing.

" Eh? What about Jinae-shi?" she asked.

" Ah...its ok! I've got some work in school anyway you guys go ahead ok?" I said giving a thumbs up.

" Alright then lets go Sanghyuk-ah!" she said grabbing him by the hand.

" Neh.." he said and turned to me " Be safe Jinae-ah".

I nodded and waved to the two of them as they walked away hand in hand and sighed,

' Ah..im all alone again..'.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

         I sat in the school library preparing notes for class. Normally it would be Sanghyuk who does it for me but this time I decided to help him out instead, I just hope he doesnt think theyre too stupid. I finally finished and left the school library and made my way down the stairs when I saw a figure sitting at the staircase. He turned around to look at me.

" Hong Jinae was it?" Shinwoo asked grinning.

I gulped and nodded, damn his perfect teeth.

" You probably know who I am right?" he asked getting up to his feet.

' Yeah...Yoo Shinwoo the hottest thing the school has ever seen and every girls dream boyfriend? ' I thought.

" Yeah...your that guy who beat up Sanghyukkie " I said trying to walk past him, me and my stupid mouth.

He came up in front of me " Look I meant to do that in a friendly way ok?" he said.

I looked him in the eye, he seemed like he was...desperate, alone and it was kinda sad.

        I put my arms around my chest and raised an eyebrow, I clearly wasnt the Jinae who was Sanghyuks best friend anymore.

" So what do you want?" I asked in an unfriendly way.

He seemed taken aback by my tone. " W..well um..I just gonna come straight out with the truth okay? I think your really pretty " he said blushing.

I felt a slight blush creep up my cheeks and I held back from smiling like an idiot.

" Thanks...I guess " I said bluntly, truth is I was screaming inside.

He rubbed the back of his head embaressed " So will you go out with me?" he asked.

' OMGOD YES! YES!! ' I thought. Just as I was about to open my mouth and say ' Yes ' I stopped.

            I looked up at Shinwoo giving me puppy dog eyes, no I wasnt falling for them. I may fangirl about him a lot but I clearly didnt love him, he didnt make me go weak in the knees, he never made me forget my words whenever I spoke to him and no he clearly didnt want me so badly either judging from the way he confessed he was just....desperate for a girlfriend.

" No " I said bluntly.

As if he didnt hear me clearly he shook his head " What?".

" No..I dont wanna go out with you " I said walking past him.

" Oh come on! " he yelled " I dumped Minhee for you!!".

I turned to him in shock " You did what?! ".

" Anyway since you rejected me...I guess I could settle for Jiyoung from 3rd year " he said.

I stared at him with my mouth hanging open " Your such a bastard!! " I spat and walked away.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

      ' Stupid Shinwoo...' I thought as I walked up the hill leading to my house. ' Loser didnt even love me at all...' I thought as I looked up to see a 2 figures come into view.

" Yoo hoo! " Sanghyuk yelled running towards me with Minhee trailing behind, that poor girl.

" Were you guys waiting for me?" I asked in shock.

Minhee nodded " Sanghyuk-ah insisted we wait so that we could have fun together " she said grinning.

I facepalmed ' Sanghyuk you idiot '.

" Y'know what? Why dont you guys go ahead with you date? I'll go home " I said.

" Aniya! Lets go somewhere together Minhee-ah doesnt mind right?" he asked turning to her. She shook her head.

        Sanghyuk didnt know the basic rule of taking care of a girlfriend. NO OTHER GIRLS ALLOWED. I swear im gonna give him a full tutoring session on girls as soon as I can.

" Look, I..im really tired and trust me I bet it would be really fun ok? So you guys go ahead " I said.

Sanghyuk puffed up his face " Well im not going either then! " he said folding his arms across his chest. He then turned to Minhee.

" Minhee-ah lets go together another time ok? Go home safely " he said smiling at her.

" Ok?..." she said confused and annoyed at the same time.

" Annyeong then!!" Sanghyuk said waving goodbye to her as she walked away.

       What the hell did I just see?. As soon as Minhee was out of earshot I slapped him on the forearm HARD.

" Ow! what was that for?!!" he yelled rubbing the acheing area.

" PABO!! How could you do that to her?!" I yelled.

" Do what?!" he asked.

" Didnt I tell you the girlfriend always comes first?" I asked.

He blinked twice " Even before you?" he asked back.

       I looked at him surprised, of course she comes before me why didnt he understand that?. She definitely occupies a bigger place in his heart than me..or does she?.

" Yes even before me " I said sighing.

He frowned and cocked his head to one side " Why is it like that?" he asked.

" I dont know!!" I said throwing my arms up in the air.

" Pfft...screw your stupid rules " he said grabbing me by the hand and walking to my place angrily.

I'd never seen Sanghyuk angry before, wonder why he suddenly cracked. He brought me to the front door of my house and and turned to face me.

" Jinae-ah " he said looking me in the eye, man he looked angry.

" Dont ever say any other girl comes before you okay?" he said.

My eyes grew wide " EHH?!!" I yelled.

" Your my best friend and you'll always be the 3rd most important girl in my life you got that?" he said pointing a finger at my face.

I was shocked, why was he saying this? brushing aside all the many sentimental feelings coming into my mind I said "YAH! Stop being so bossy!".

  His face turned normal " I was just trying to make my point " he said.

I rubbed my forehead, dealing with him was like dealing with a 5 year old.

" Sanghyuk-ah.." I began to say but stopped.

Honestly the fact that I was more important then Minhee meant a lot to me and I knew it was unfair considering the fact that she was the girlfriend but I just accepted it.

"..Chaljaeyo " I said smiling.

" Wait...thats it?" he said disappointed." Dont you wanna know why your third?".

" Um....no?" I said confused.

He frowned " 1st place goes to my Umma,2nd place goes to my noona and 3rd goes to you ".

" What about Minhee?" I asked folding my arms.

He laughed " Your jealous arent you?" he asked.

" Why would I be jealous?" I asked back.

He laughed ruffling my hair " Dont worry I wont give away your 3rd place to anyone".

I looked up from underneath his big hand and grinned.

Maybe...3rd place isnt so bad after all..

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

How long ago did I update this? *cries*

Im really sorry I havent updated in a while..I experienced a bit of a block while writing this.

Vixx has been messing with my brain since they released ' GR8U ' XP.

So my lovely subbies how did you like the update? :D

I'd love to hear from all of you <3

again..I apologize for any errors *bows deeply*

Comments are loved! They motivate me to write more (and better keke~)

-kaze27