Heartbreak

Waiting for you

     Its been almost a week since Sanghyuks encounter with Shinwoo and the two of us stayed as far as possible from the basketball court. I had become a regular visitor at the Han household and I even managed to get along with Sanghyuks older sister. Sanghyuk had shown me all the possible hangouts in Daejoen and he even took me bowling once. Who knew a wild person like me could get along with such a dorky kid?

    " GAAH!! Stop it!! " I yelled whacking Sanghyuks hand as he tried to braid my unruly hair.

" OW! Hold still would you?" he said reaching for my hair again.

The two of us sat at the ROOF of Sanghyuks house trying to watch the sunset and since it was on 5 30 he decided to mess up my hair.

" Sanghyuk this isnt the 20th century nobody braids their hair anymore" I said glaring at him.

" I know! I just figured you'd look pretty with braids" he said.

" Sanghyuk I've told you a million times dont call me pretty" I said blushing slightly.

He let go of my hair and came to sit in front of me. " Why cant I?" he asked.

I looked up at him staring at me with a serious expression and turned away " Well your my friend and calling a girl pretty is something boyfriends do " I said blushing.

" Oh..." he said spacing out " ...I didnt know that ".

He's so cute.

" To be honest I call almost every girl in my class pretty " he said.

I raised an eyebrow  " Really?".

He nodded " Yeah...I go up to one girl and say ' Hey you look pretty today' like that ".

" They'll get the wrong idea " I said as I fumbled with my hair and felt something soft,a ribbon. I turned to Sanghyuk.

" YOU. DID. NOT ".

HE grinned " Braids do suit you ".

I grabbed my pocket mirror from my bag which lay beside me and looked at my reflection in horror.

" HAN SANGHYUK IM GONNA KILL YOU!!!! " I yelled running after him as left the roof.

   We missed the sunset for the 100th time that day.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The next day....

  I stared at my reflection in the mirror shocked at how different I looked. My unruly brown hair was dyed black and cut in layers upto my shoulder and my extremely revealing clothes were replaced by a white shirt and a plaid skirt.

" Who are you?" I asked my reflection.

" Jinae! " my mum called poking her head through the door. " Sanghyuks waiting outside".

i nodded and ran down the stairs and opened the door to see Sanghyuk reading a manga. I rolled my eyes and turned to my Mum.

" Umma Anyeong!!" I said and went towards Sanghyuk.

" Lets go" I said nudging him.

" HM.." he said and turned to look at me " GAAH!! Who the hell are you?".

I rolled my eyes " I dont have time for this lets just go.." I said dragging him by the jacket.

      As the two of us walked down the road towards the train station I noticed about 5 roses sticking out of his backpack.

" Ya..Sanghyuk whats that?" I asked picking up one of the roses.

" G-Give me that!!" he yelled grabbing it from me.

" Geez you dont have to get so defensive about it.." I muttered. I then noticed he was blushing and gasped.

" OMG! Its for a girl right?!!" I asked/yelled.

He blushed even more.

" Sanghyukkie you never told me you have a girlfriend!!"

" I dont.."

" Oh.." I fell silent.

" Um...I've liked this girl for a really long time now..I decided to finally tell her how I feel " he said grinning to himself.

" Is she pretty?" I asked.

He nodded " Remember I told you how I tell my classmates their pretty? But when I tell her I REALLY mean it from the bottom of my heart".

" Aw....that girl is so lucky " I said.

Ht turned to me " Really?".

I grinned and patted his arm " Tell me about her on the way to school ".

He nodded " Her names Jung Minhee..." he began.

________________________________________________________________________________________

      " Well lookes like we're here " Sanghyuk said as we stood outside the huge building.

" Do you think we'll be in the same class?" I asked.

He shrugged " Maybe...let me warn you im very popular here  " he said raising an eyebrow.

Just then a tennis ball came flying out of nowhere and hit the back of his head.

" GAAH!! Are you okay?" I asked grabbing his arms and shaking him back and forth.

" Nice to see you again...DORK " some guy said as he walked past us.

" You take that back you bastard!!" I yelled kicking his .

The guy fell flat on his face.

" Jinae...." Sanghyuk said in shock.

" You're gonna get it you!!" the guy began to yell and stopped " you..".

I looked closely at the guy " S..Shinwoo right?" I asked.

He smirked " Lets just say you got lucky this time Sanghyuk" he said and walked away from us.

      I continued to stare at him as he walked away, god he's handsome. I then turned back to Sanghyuk and smiled.

" Lets go to class"

" Jinae..um...thanks for what you did back there " he said looking at the floor.

" Oh..that psh.. it was nothing I've done way worse in Seoul " I said laughing.

" Sanghyuk ah!!" the two of us heard a high pitched voice yell.

I turned my head to see a REALLY pretty girl running towards us. " Jung Minhee..." escaped my mouth.

I looked at Sanghyuk whose face was a shade of bright red and said " I'll go ahead ok? HWAITING!!".

      I entered the reception and turned to sneak a peak at Sanghyuk who was speaking to Minhee with a goofy grin plastered across his face.

" She is one lucky girl Sanghyukkie .." I said as the grin on my face fell " Really...lucky..".

       I made my way to my class with the help of some of the sunbaes. Class was normal, not too boring or too interesting , I came to know that Sanghyuk and I were in the same class YAY!. However..I didnt see him enter the class at ALL. What happened?. The bell for lunch then rang through the hall.

" Um.." I said tapping the shoulder of the girl in front of me " Do you know where Sanghyuk is?" I asked.

" Hm..dont know last time I saw him he was in front of the school talking to Minhee" she said.

" Minhee....maybe they got together immediately.." I said and frowned " Sanghyuk you !".

I walked out into the hallway and looked both ways to see if I could spot a familiar face, I did. Minhee.

" MINHEE!! " I yelled running afer her in a hurry.

She turned around to smile at me and bowed, nice girl.

" Um..Annyeonghaseyo Hong Jinae imnida " I said bowing nervously.

" Jung Minhee imnida " she said.

" Minhee shi do you happen to know where Sanghyuk is?" I asked.

" Sanghyuk? Well...no. Why'd you ask?" she asked.

" Ah..aniyo..its just that he didnt come to class " I said.

" EH? Really?" she asked worried. I nodded.

" YA!! Minhee!!" I heard someone call.

I turned in the direction of the voice to see Shinwoo along with his gang behind us.

" I gotta go..my boyfriends calling tell me when you see Sanghyuk okay?" she said leaving me in a daze.

" Boyfriend..." I muttered " He got rejected..".

       I then ran down the stairs in a hurry, this was gonna be a looong search.

________________________________________________________________________________________

     2 hours later...

    Great...first day of school and im here skipping classes to search for my bestfriend.

" Where the hell did you go?" I asked panting.

I then turned around to see a rose poking out from behind one of the walls. I went towards it and turned a corner to see Sanghyuk sitting with his back to the wall and his head down.

" Sanghyukkie...." I said. He didnt look up.

" Go away..." he muttered.

I sighed and sat down next to him, I noticed his eyes were a bright shade of red, he was crying.

" So Shinwoo and Minhee huh?" I asked.

He nodded as he turned the flower in his hand.

" Y'know if you ask me Minhee is one unlucky girl " I said.

      Sanghyuks bottom lip quivered as he buried his face in his hands again, he let out a loud wail.

" YAH!! Stop crying!!" I yelled pulling his arm.

" I loved her so much!!" he yelled in my face.

" Sanghyukkie..." I said as I stared as his teary face.

" Hmph...you wouldnt understand at all...stupid girl from Seoul.." he said.

I got up to my feet and did the one thing I would never ever dream of doing to Sanghyuk, I kicked him.

He looked up at me in shock.

" What was that for?!" he yelled.

" For being a and taking out your anger on your friend!! " I yelled.

His face softened a bit as he stared at the floor embaressed. " Mianhe...." he muttered.

I sighed and got down to my knees " Your a real idiot Sanghyukkie " I said ruffling his hair.

He wiped his face with the back of his hand " I know..." he said grinning.

      His smile then fell, " Minhee wont talk to me again will she?" he asked as his lips quivered again.

" I liked her for almost 5 years..." he said as he was about to wail again.

Again I did something I would'nt have ever dreamed of doing ( sort of) to Sanghyuk, I hugged him.

He was shocked I could tell but I held onto him as tightly as I could.

" You can wail how much ever you want no one will hear you, only me" I whispered.

" Kamsamnida..." he said as he put his arms around me, buried his face in my shoulder and wailed.

Weirdly enough...I was happy Minhee rejected him.

I wonder why?

________________________________________________________________________________________

Cheesiness overload :P

So what do you think of this chapter? :D

There will be more cheesy scenes to come! *cue horror music* :P

Do tell me what you think!!

-kaze27