Memories

Waiting for you

        " Why Daejon?!!" I yelled for the umpteenth time as I sat on my suitcase outside my yet to be home.  " Its a more quiet area " my mom said trying to comfort me. " Seoul had cute boys " I said aloud. " Well maybe youll find someone better here " Dad said and shut his mouth " I shouldnt have said that". I turned to the house opposite to ours and read the name outside " Han".

    then turned to the sound of a screeching bus and turned to see a school van stop a short distance from us full of noisy kids. The bus stopped for about 10 seconds and drove off leaving in its place a tall skinny boy holding a manga volume. He turned and walked down the road with his eyes glued to the book in his hand. What really surprised me was how simply dressed he was unlike my friends back at Seoul.

    The boy continued to walk straight and crashed into a lamp post.

" Real smooth..." I muttered.

     He then shook his head and gave the lamp post a killer glare while rubbing his head. His eyes then swept across the area and fell on me. He seemed shocked for a second but gave me a small bow and went into him housee....opposite to mine

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Later that day...

      " Do we have to go?" I asked as I fixed my hair in the mirror.

" Yes we do the Hans are really nice people plus they have a son about your age" Mom said.

" Oh yeah...I saw him today, pretty dorky I must say " I remarked.

" Jinae!!!"

" Mianhe~"

" Anyway...what im saying is maybe he'll know what are the fun place to go to here" she said.

" True..." I said shrugging.

" and while your here you might...I dont know find someone you love maybe?" she said.

" MOM!!!!" I yelled smacking her lightly on the arm.

' Wonder if thats true though....'

__________________________________________________________________________________

       " Come in!!" a woman with a bright smile said as we made our way into their house. " Please make yourself at home my husband should be home soon" she said. I then helped Mrs. Han set the table while we made small talk. She was actually pretty nice. I then heard the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs. Mrs. Han followed my gaze to the stairs and muttered " Finally..".

    " Sanghyuk-ah where were you?" she asked the tall skinny boy.

" Sleeping..." he muttered rubbing his head, he then turned to look up and his eyes fell on me.

" I didnt know we had guests!!" he yelled excitedly." I'll go put some pants on!!" he yelled running up the stairs.

It was then I realized that he had only boxers on the entire time. I looked away blushing.

' How embaressing..' I thought.

" Forgive me...he's always like this " Mrs. Han said.

" Uh...its alright" I said nervously.

           The sound of footsteps were then heard again " Umma! Whats for dinner?" Sanghyuk yelled. " We're having kimchi stew..is that okay with you ?" Mrs.Han asked my parents. " Perfect!" they chorused.

" Sanghyuk introduce yourself!" she hissed.

" Oh! Anneonghaseyo! Han Sanghyuk imnida!" he said bowing to the three of us.

He then turned to me grinning " You?".

" Hong Jinae imnida" I said bowing.

" Uwah! we're the same age right? Umma was telling me earlier this is so cool!!" he said.

' Dorky...' I thought.

" Yeah..." I said uninterested. I turned back to setting the table.

He then put his elbows down on the table next to me " Your from Seoul right?" he asked. I nodded. " Its really noisy there right?". I nodded. " Hmph...your no fun " he said frowning.

       He then turned and walked back near the stairs. " Sanghyuk ah!" his mom called. " Hm?".

" Why dont you show Jinae around the neighbourhood?" she asked.

I turned back to look at him, he gave me a glare and turned to his mom. " Why?".

" WEll she seems bored right> Show her how much Daejon is ne?" she said smiling at me.

I  gave a small smile and turned to him " Well?".

He snorted grabbing his jacket " Fine lets go " he said ushering me out the door.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

        The two of us walked down the road in silence. None of us had said a word since we left the house. I decided to break the awkward silence.

" So...um what are the fun things to do here?" I asked.

" Define fun" he said in a grumpy way.

" Well....video games and comic books if thats what you mean" I said.

He sighed " You know something? you're really cold " he said.

" WHAT?!"

" Yeah...sorry about that" he said.

" Well I didnt know guys in Daejon were so mean " I remarked.

" I didnt know girls from Seoul could be so snobby "

" Im not snobby!!" I yelled.

" Says who?!" he yelled.

" Fine!! Im going home!!" I yelled turning around and walking but stopped.

 " Jinae you idiot..." I muttered to myself and turned around to see Sanghyuk glaring at me. I scratched my head.

" I...I dont know the way home..." I muttered staring at the floor.

I heard muffled laughter. " WHAT?!" I yelled.

" Kiyo~!" he yelled laughing loudly.

" YAH! Its not funny!" I said blushing.

He wiped away tears " Sorry.." he said smiling. " I find it really funny ".

" Y'know what? maybe ill just find my way back myself" I said turning around and walking.

"Mianhe Jinae-shi follow me" he said walking ahead.

 The two of us walked down the road in silence this time Sanghyuk was the first to speak up.

" Jinae shi um...sorry for calling you a cold person earlier" he said.

" It's alright I don't blame you I can be cold at times" I said.

He then turned around " It must be hard for you though moving from a big city like Seoul to Daejon".

I shrugged " I'll get used to it....hopefully".

His expression changed into a serious one as he said " when you saw me at the bus stop..."

I stopped walking and looked at him confused. "...what was your first impression of me?" He asked.

I hung my head " Dorky...." I muttered.

Sanghyuk gasped " WHAT?!" he yelled in shock.

I laughed " Otaku....that's the first thing that crossed my mind " I said.

             He frowned and turned his back to me. " Sanghyuk shi don't be mad " I said.

" We'll you wanna know what crossed my mind? " he asked.

" Yeah sure" I said ' Snob,spoilt brat from Seoul, Weird,La-'

" Cute"

I felt my face grow hot " What?".

He turned to smile at me, I never noticed it earlier but Sanghyuk was pretty handsome. " I thought you were cute...and someone like you is completely out of my league" he said earning a smack from me.

" Pabo.." I said laughing.

" Sorry... You must have a lot of great memories about Seoul right?" He asked. I nodded.

" Well I hope we create better ones here in Daejon" he said smiling.

'We? ' I thought to myself, I wanted to ask him what he meant but kept quiet about it.

" Looks like my Dads home lets go Jinae shi" he said ushering me towards the house.

     I might have not understood what Sanghyuk meant that time, but what I didn't realize was that 'we' had just created a very special memory together.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey!! 

So the first chapters up YAY!! 

I apologize for any errors in this chap :(

do tell me if you liked the chap or not :D

i plan to bring in a little comedy into this fic from the next chap onwards do look forward to it! :D

Please do subscribe and comment! :D

Thanks for reading!

-kaze27