Job-searching episode~!

Super Junior: Dorks Next Door!

It was a pretty sunny day when I decided to go search for my job since I couldn't stand doing nothing. I need a job anyway, no? I've got my certificate already, so yeah, shouldn't be a matter.

What's better is that I didn't go alone. Alex, Sungmin, and Heechul decided to tag along with me, but after we drop Sungmin and Heechul in SM Entertainment building for a brief meeting with their managers or something (I didn't get this part myself either).

"Alex, what does it feels like to live with Super Junior?" I shot a question to Alex, since both of us were bored to Hell.

"First time? Tough," she answered. "But it's kinda fun when you get to know them all personally, not as an idol."

"How is it tough?"

"Well, you know that first time I came here I had to pretend as a boy. I can't go out all I want as a girl."

"I see," I nodded at her statement. "Who else knows you were a girl from the start?"

"Well, other than my own brother, Henry, Hangeng and Kangin, nobody had any idea that I was a girl," Alex explained. "But then, one by one found out, so yeah, better reveal than making things even more complicated."

"Whose idea was it to reveal yourself?"

"Uki did. Such a blessed kid, she is," Alex smiled. "If she hadn't came up with this idea I would've pretend until now."

"Um-hm," I responded. My fingers ran through her short hair. "It must be nice to have this short hair, eh."

"Not really," Alex said. "Sometimes I do want hair like yours or Uki, but other times I just love it the way it is."

"I wanna have short hair like yours, but Kyuhyun doesn't let me," I half-whined at the tall girl next to me. "He said I'm prettier with long hair."

"Well, perhaps he's got the point."

"But I don't really like long hair, sometimes it's bothersome." Okay, now I practically whined at Alex. She just giggled.

"Tasha, you just whined! How are you my unnie again?" Alex laughed. "Anyway, just ask him one more time. If it's not working, then launch a mild threat. It's working all the time with him."

I smiled at her. Alex seemed like...she had known Kyuhyun really well. She even knows that Kyuhyun only works under threats. I mean, not much people knows that, actually.

Seems like I need to test my hypothesis on her.

"Alex, do you like my brother?" I smirked. Alex jolted.

"W-what?! No!" The girl denied, I smirked even wider.

"Oh really?" Obviously in denial, this girl. "Why do I get the feeling that you both are having this cute crush towards each other?"

Alex muttered something along the lines of 'evilness is in the blood' and 'she's really heritating her brother'.

"I don't like him, okay! We even bickering with each other pretty often!"

"You know, sometimes love comes after bickers..."

"Why are you so evil?" Alex pouted at me.

"Simply because she's Kyuhyun's sister." Sungmin came and slung an arm around my neck. I laughed then put his hands off me, throwing a glare at him.

"Come on, Baby Alex. Let's leave the old couple alone." Heechul dragged Alex, leaving me and Sungmin alone.

"WE ARE NOT OLD COUPLE!"

 

***

 

Me, Sungmin, Alex and Heechul just decided to drop by a restaurant to have breakfast before getting back to our job hunting. I'd spreaded all kinds of brochures Kyuhyun had given me days ago on the table. We all had serious faces all over, observing the brochures.

"What kind of job would you want, Tash?" Sungmin asked.

"Anything would do, just nothing related to economy." I said, frowning at one brochure I held. Accounting? Ho ho, there's a reason why economics and I never get along well, ya know!

"What you're majoring again?" Heechul sorted some of the brochures.

"Psychology, but I can do literature-related jobs too, I have Mandarin Literature certificate, as well as French and English."

"Maybe we can go check these out, they're in the same block anyway, and it's not far from here." Alex handed me some brochures. I looked at them. Mostly were as sales promotional girl, as cleaning service or as cashier. Nothing really caught my eyes right then.

"Alright, let's go." I stood up, followed by the rest. We all walked up to the block where the job vacancies were. Sungmin and Heechul kept on fixing their disguises--and as for Heechul, his wig. Yes, me and Alex were finally succeeded in turning Heechul into a veeeery pretty girl. No, really, he was really pretty. It was because we didn't know how to disguise him (Sungmin was relatively easier to disguise) so we decided to turn him pretty.

Then we arrived in the block. We tried one by one (Sungmin and Heechul were asked to wait outside at this particular shop where there were many Super Junior pictures pasted on their wall—afraid to get caught?). But yeah, nothing succeeded. Either they've had the replacement already or they thought I'm a bloody high school student that they didn't believe that I'm 21 already. Seemed like my Lady Luck had went somewhere for a decent lunch or something.

Hello, Lady Luck?

I'm stuck here!

Can't you give me a hand or whatever?

...

I'll buy you sandwich for dinner!

...No? Please?

When I was about to give up, I saw one last brochure with orange and black in colour that shouted simple all over it.

But eye-catching.

Ms. Fancy's Teapot?

Whatever kind of place is that?

I read at the end of the brochure. Well, fascinati--

Wait.

...

A matchmaker?! Seriously? They've got such business here in Korea? And--and it's legal!

Some world, it is.

"Come on guys, let's try this last one." I stood up from the trotoar we just sat on, and decided to give this last chance a shot.

"Don't you think we should try another day?" Sungmin deadpanned at me. I shook my head.

"Who knows, tomorrow might not be the same." I said, pulling his hand up. Heechul jumped up and pulled sleepy Alex.

"Tasha's right, come on. We should try this last one." Heechul suggested. I nodded excitedly, but feeling like a lunatic afterwards.

"I'll treat you guys ice cream if we success at this last shot." At the sound of ice cream, Alex stood up immediately.

"Promise?" She asked. Her eyes were full of blink of hope. I laughed at that.

"Yes, dongsaeng." I tapped her head and smiled sweetly.

"Just because you're old." She sulked.

"Yah!" I pulled pouty Sungmin and Alex up. "Come on, I'm promising an ice cream, okay?"

And by that, they agreed to walk for one more chance. We walked through the road, because the location was located at the end of the road. Once we arrived, I let three of them gawked at the layout of the place and the logo, which was a lazy-looking little cute Anggora cat.

It was rather simple, the place. I'm not sure whether to call this 'shop' or something else so yeah, I'll stick with 'place'. The place was dominated by the colour pink, cream and soft white. There were many set of chairs and tables coloured white. This unique so-called business took a simple tea place concept. I could see some couples-to-be or already-couples took a seat here, either consulting with the consultants or just enjoying their time with a cup of tea. They seriously have that many kinds of tea I would cherish for the rest of eternity~

I would love this job!

"Excuse me," I approached one of the waiters. "Is this job still vacant?" I showed her the brochure.

She took a good look at it. "Come with me." Was all she said. I followed her steps deeper in the cafe (decided to call it that, just to get things easier). Turns out that the waiter took me to meet the manager.

The manager wasn't someone really formal as I had expected from any managers. Instead, she looked really casual with her pinkish petals-like blouse and skinny jeans. She got her hair cut shoulder short, which made her look appealing. The young lady also had a pretty smile to top it off.

What's even more surprising for me was she didn't look anything Korean. More like a very pretty Indonesian lady.

"Hello," the lady greeted me warmly. "What's your name?"

"Natasha Seohae Cho." I replied shyly. She offered me a smile.

"Hello, Natasha. My name is Nara Deswita Shafarinka. Nice to meet you, young lady." She smiled.

"Nice to meet you too, Nara-sshi," I replied her with a smile. "Your middle name is just like my middle Indonesian name."

Nara laughed softly. Oh my gosh, this lady! "Really? I'm actually Indonesian. You too?"

"At some points of my life, yes, I'm Indonesian. My grandma was Indonesian," I said. "My Indonesian name is Natasha Deswita Kara."

"Nice name," she complimented. "So, ready to work?"

"More than ready!" I squeaked. Somehow Nara's composed self filled me with a brand new spirit.

"Please sit down," She sat on one of the chair as I did the same.

"Have you ever worked before?" Nara started to questioning me.

"No, but I've volunteered for my campus journal. I just graduated this year from University of Paris."

"Mm, fresh graduate," she smiled. "What you're majoring at?"

"Psychology, but I'm also certified for Mandarin and French."

"Okay, just as we need," Nara said. "Are you really willing to work here?"

"Of course I am."

"Then, we're hiring you as our new consultant." Nara stated.

"What? That's it?" I asked.

"Yes, you're now officially working here."

OH MY GOD.

YAY! I GOT MY JOB ALREADY!!

"T-thank you, Nara-sshi. Thank you sooooo much!!" I grinned like some madman, fighting back the urge to pull her into a bone-crushing hug. I thought I'd never worked!

"You're welcome," she replied vaguely. "You'll be working here three days a week; Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m through 6 p.m. You don't need any uniforms, just come here with your most comfortable clothes. You'll start next week, okay?"

After some thank-yous and all that, I left skipping my way through the cafe.

"Guys, I got the job~" I sang happily and hugged Alex.

"Wow, congratulation Tash!" Alex cheered.

"Now that's my sister." Heechul messed my hair happily. I hugged him also.

"Thank you, second brother~"

"Now I demand your promise." Sungmin chirped in. I pouted at him.

"Can't we do it other time?" I did my infamous aegyo.

Sungmin pulled the mightiest aegyo of all he ever did. "You've promised!" He whined.

"Yes, yes, let's go buy an ice stick~" I said, pulling them all out of the cafe. The trio stopped, which made me turned around again. That was a winning, I suppose?

"What? Ice stick?" Heechul gawked at me.

"I was planning on buying you guys an ice cube, but meh, I'm not that mean." I smirked.

"I thought you promised ice cream at some cafe!" Alex stated.

"I didn't say that," ducking from them all, I smiled innocently. "Better than ice cubes, aren't they?"

"But--but at least ice cone would do!" Sungmin protested. I just dismissed their gawks with a wave of my right hand.

"Ice stick, it is!" I headed down to the nearest stall on the block.

"YOU EVIL SISTER!"

 

 

Harrow :3

Okay, so I'm doing this chapter in, like, few hours? It doesn't turn out like I supposed it  would, but meh, I didn't have more time to edit his chapter all over again. So yeah, tadaa! :P

Anyway, Alex made her first full appearance here! ...Which made me prety nervous when I was about to post this chapter ><

Alex's mum, sujudork602 are you there? If you're dropping by here please let me know if I got her characters right >< I still feel like I'm lacking here and there, so please let me know if I missed something~

Anyway (again), I'll maybe try to update at least ever weekend, because school is getting even busier than ever before so yeah, I'll try though.

Thank you for dropping by! And thanks for subscribing guys! 49 people is aweeeeeeesome!! ^^

 

P.S: Howeverr I feel kinda sad when I realized no one commented on the last chapter ._. Come on, silent readers, let me hear your opinion about my story, alright? :P Thaaaaaaaanksss!! XD