"Our planes are not on the same schedule."

Let You Go?

 

The night ended just like that, Siwon and Taeyeon are just finishing the last ways about their plan. The wedding is still going to happen, at exactly December 20th. It only needs about one and a half month to go, Tiffany nodded understandingly towards their sentences and finally, when they’re finished, she turn her head around to the couch, finding Donghae fell asleep while still holding the tv remote. The tv show has changed since an hour ago, she realized it’s already late.

Siwon gets up and excuse himself to the bathroom, leaving only Taeyeon and Tiffany at the dining table. Tiffany picks her fingernails awkwardly while occasionally stole a glance to her sister.

Suddenly Taeyeon’s hand is moving towards her arm, embracing it slowly. Tiffany looks up from her awkward gestures and looks into her eyes. She’s staring at her with concern and regrets.

I’m sorry this is happening to you.” she starts, gulping down, try to find another words. “I didn’t know until mom told me about what happened to you the other day.

Tiffany stares at her for a long time and clucks. She can’t have a conversation like this with Taeyeon and she never have, since they’re still an innocent child, or even when they’re fighting for a same guy in junior high school, or fighting over whose clothes they’re wearing. Never. She blinks her eyes for a few times, strongly disagree to shed any tears.

What? What happened to me?” Tiffany swerves away.

Taeyeon shook her head and smiled heartened, she leans forward and grasps both of Tiffany’s hands in hers, “You don’t have to deny.” She bends down and clear her throats, “I know what his mom did to you to get me together with him.” She whispers.

Tiffany put on a flat expression and bite her bottom lips. Slowly taking her hands out from her grip. “It’s alright. I’m okay.” She remembered what could’ve been happened if Donghae didn’t show up, if she didn’t kick that man’s stomach or run on her kill heels as fast as she could. She turned her head again to Donghae who’s still sleeping peacefully on the couch.

You know—” Taeyeon paused, Tiffany sense something’s weird from her tone, like she’s been suffering as well, “Mom got alzheimer symptoms.

Tiffany raised her eyebrows and was intending to ask everything about her mom, whom she used to know was so kind to her until her dad’s affair revealed and she reacted the complete opposite after that. Making her felt like she’s wasted.

First I thought she was going to be okay, but then it got worse every single day. She forgot about you first.” She looks up to check on Tiffany’s expression, closed tightly and she keeps staring intensely to her eyes.

Then she forgot dad. She also forgot how to make a cup of tea.” she chuckles, her voice starts trembling, and when she snivels hard, Tiffany could tell she’s already crying.

She forgot how to clean herself.” Now all she could see is just Taeyeon hiding her face and wiping her tears off with her sweater’s sleeve. Tiffany wanted to pat on her shoulder to give a little encouragement, but she’s just too awkward to do it to Taeyeon. She’s sitting still like a statue on the chair instead. “I’m afraid she’ll forget me too.

"How could she forget youI mean you're the golden kid in the familyjust saying." she paused right there and saw Taeyeon being dumbfounded upon what she said. She shook her head and giving herself a mental warn 'Tiffany what have you done' she said to herself. 

I’m sorry...” Tiffany’s husky voice comes out after that.

"It's okay." Taeyeon nods understanding and gets up from her chair, Siwon came out slowly from the bathroom, like he’s been there for a long time, hearing all their conversations. It couldn’t be that long for him to go to the bathroom, and Tiffany realized it immediately but refuse to respond with any kind of expression, she stood and acts like a statue again.

Come on, I’ll drive you home.” he took the car's key and offers Taeyeon to come.

Taeyeon nods and walks straight to the door, he glances to Tiffany for the last time, giving her ‘that stare’ and when she sighs deeply, she knows she has to—at least—says goodbye.

Good night guys. Good night Taeyeon eonni. Take care.” Taeyeon turns her back around, puzzled for a moment and then giving her a big smile. Her blushing, sad face is somehow making Tiffany’s heart feels weird. She regrets on how cold she was, she wished she would’ve been hugging her or comforting her when she’s telling about their mom.

~~~

It was the first time she called me with eonni.” Taeyeon starts in the car, while Siwon is busy paying attention to the crowded street.

Siwon smiles and pats her shoulder, “She can’t be cold forever.

Taeyeon wipes her tears away from her cheeks and laughs casually, “Do you think our plan got a chance?

I hope so. I will pray for it.

~~~

Tiffany wondering far away to the street below her houseroom’s window, she turned off the tv and took the tv remote away from Donghae’s hand.

Oppa. Oppa wake up, go sleep in the room.” She tries to wake him up and all he did in respond is just mumbling something she can’t understand.

Oppa.” She shook his shoulder and calls out a little bit louder.

Oppa!

Donghae wakes up immediately and fell down to the floor, groaning in pain, he stood up and walks lazily to his room. Tiffany follows him from behind and helping him with the blanket, she caught a glance at his suitcases, it all packed tidily and aligns in one line, seems like he’s going to leave first thing in the morning. She tries to remember the date, and the fact that he’s not staying for over a day after chuseok hurts her even more.

She’s going to be alone again, she approach him, whom sleeping and unaware of her presence near him. She watches how he exhales every breath and the snychronize it made with his body which moving up and down. Tiffany giggles at his innocent face, he looks incredibly cute when he’s sleeping. Noticing that he won’t be around for a while again, she let out a sign of submission and gets up from her spot, turns the light out and close his door quietly.

***

 

The next day, 8am

Jessica packs her belongings and drag her luggage to the corner of her bedroom, the maids are waiting in front of the door picking up her luggage one by one to the car. She’s leaving in 4 hours. She feels sad she has to leave again, leaving Korea behind and leaving her family, and—her bestfriend. She forgot how long does she kept her waiting to hear about her for so long. Jessica rushes downstairs and grab the car’s key. She looks around, in case her mom is around. Mr. Jung is off early this morning because he has a tight schedule at the office, Siwon left not too long after him.

Her hands are shaking as she tries to press the car’s remote and turn the engine on. Once she starts driving the car onto the street, her mom barges out calmly, seems like she’s going off to her garden, to take care some of her roses.

Jessica? Where are you going?” she paused when she saw Jessica is in a hurry, and she just have to stop her at that moment.

I’m going....somewhere. I’ll be home before my flight’s schedule!” she blurts randomly and drives as fast as she could.

On the street, she kept thinking will her mom knows where she’s going, some stuff like her mom will chase after her is hanging in her head. Then she looks at the car’s clock, showing that day’s date also, when she noticed that chuseok is completely over, she remembered Donghae. He’ll go back to New York today as well. She slows down the car and suddenly thinking of going back to the house and waits patiently for her plane’s schedule.

The honking sound from the cars behind her wakes her up and she stepped on the gas pedal and moving on. She gives herself a mental slap and continues until she arrived in front of Tiffany’s mini condo, she encourage herself and knocks on her door. Finding it unlock and ajar, maybe from a few minutes ago. She barge in and gives out a slight warn to Tiffany wherever she is.

You know it’s absolutely dangerous to leave your door open like that, and...” she heard voices that stops her from the first room, and she stands near the door. She knows she can’t do all of these, first she barged in now she’s eavesdropping, but without feeling any guilt, Jessica leans her back on the wall and listens to whatever people talking about inside.

I know I shouldn’t do this. But—” she heard Donghae’s voice, he was rather shy and chuckling at the end of his words. Jessica sense weirdness.

Oppa you have to tell me fast, your plane is waiting, right?” Tiffany’s voice, curious.

I.....I’ve been......I’ve been hiding my feelings.” Jessica frowned deep upon hearing that statement and squats down to the floor, biting her thumbnail.

Donghae continues, his voice gotten smaller so she has to squats closer to the ajar bedroom’s door and hears clearly, “I know. And..and.. you know, that we...are somewhat related. You know. Even though our dad...is a different person, but we’re born from the same mother right?” he’s speaking convoluted now.

So....?

So...umm. Ackkkh, god. This is so difficult.” Donghae is struggling.

Jessica embolden herself to get up and peeks through the gap, her eyes are examining the situation greedily. “I like you.” Her eyes gotten bigger after that 3 words came out, hoping she misheard something. She covers to prevent them hearing her squealing. “I like you, I love you. As in, I got feelings for you. I don’t know! I don’t know anymore, Fany-ah, I just can’t help but liking you in other way. You are my sister yes I know that. But. It feels so wrong to know that we are related when the truth is I have fallen for you since I saw you at the airport.

We can’t do this.” Tiffany sets out a confirmed statement as if she's already know that this moment will come, her voice is assertive, inviolable, can not be denied.

I know. We can’t do this. I know. I just feel like I have to say this to you. Because I’m not going back to Korea to see you off with that guy. I can’t do that Fany-ah. This will be probably the last time I’m seeing you.

Jessica walks away from the door and taking a few steps back slowly, still covering to prevent any voice. Then she hit the edge of the table, causing a stack of magazines collapsing to the floor.

Who’s that?” Tiffany blurts out, sound of heavy footsteps can be heard getting closer, Jessica runs to the kitchen and hides behind the washing machine, she can tell someone walks in to the kitchen as well, and she cursed too many times in her heart when she knows it’s Donghae. She moves further to the side of the washing machine but it’s useless anyway.

What are you doing here?” Donghae stares down at her with a frowning eyebrows and tense expression. Seconds later, Tiffany came too and helping her to stand up.

Jessica what are you doing here...?” she tap her shoulders, cleaning it from the dust and push her gently to the living room. “By the way where have you been?! I’m so glad to finally see you! Why didn’t you just call me out? Why did you sneaking in like that?” she giggles and keep patting her shoulder. Jessica gives a strange glance to Donghae whom sitting in front of them, he’s still questioning her reason to be here with his quizzical look to her.

She turns her sight to Tiffany and combing her hair with her hands while forcing a smile on her face. “I came here to tell you that I’ll be going to NY again, about the wedding plan....Siwon oppa told me about that. And......I just want to wish you good luck. Because I’m not sure whether I could be around to see you sets off with my brother.

Why so?? Not you, and not Donghae oppa, he can’t be here too!” said Tiffany in a whining tone.

Jessica glance slightly to him and turn her attention to Tiffany again, “I might be busy around December, dear. Christmas edition for a magazine! Don’t tell me you’re forgetting that kind of style atfer you moved out to this such of place.” said Jessica coldly.

Tiffany hits her shoulder lightly, “Darn don’t you dare making fun of my new neighborhood.” she said, laughing. “Well, if you want to leave now......I suggest I should give you my cell number. But I hope you can still come back for my wedding.” There’s that major sadness in her face while letting Jessica go.

Donghae oppa here is going too. You guys are working in the same company, right? Why don’t you go together to the airport, then?

No.” Jessica answers quickly, “Our planes are not on the same schedule.

Tiffany didn’t dare to say any words. Jessica gets up and gives her a kiss on the cheek and hugs her tightly before she walks outside in tears. “Good luck dear.

Thanks.” Tiffany replies her with a big smile on her face and waves her goodbye. Donghae stares anguishly to her, begging for another chance to say a word. Tiffany hugs him instead and push him outside.

It’s okay if you won’t come. Like I have another family member. I still got Taeyeon eonni, or at least I think so, right?” she’s playing strong and sassy at a time like this, while pushing him away from her side because the sudden confession is just too much to handle. The sound of Jessica’s heels knocking on the floor can still be heard from her door, and for the last time before he can open his mouth again, Tiffany cuts him off.

I hope you didn’t chose the wrong choice. Think again. Okay? I love you. As my brother.” And she closed the door in front of him.

 

~~~

 

Jessica is about to sets off from the neighborhood when suddenly Donghae walks out from the mini condo and knock on her windshield. She opens it slowly and they were both staring to each other for a long awkward moment.

We’re having the same destination anyway. Can I ask for a ride?” he asks.

Jessica unlocks her car and decided to stay still behind the steering wheel as she already put her left foot on the gas’ pedal even though Donghae has just sit down and wants to shut the door.

Hey watch out!!! What was that for?!?!

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

hi everyone ~_~ I noticed I lost one of my subscribers lol I want to apologize for the lack of anything in this story that made you unsubscribe kay :')

btw I just ran out of ideas, I need some time to think for the ending(s) :b tell me what you're thinking ppl ;)

  • @Tzarista aww mannn, it's almost the same like what you've said even though not that same. aww shhh, kay dont ruin the surprise lol =]
  • @MarshmallowCandy here's a slight of haesica :D i'll add more once they get back to NYC kay 
  • @mayru22 ....could be anything ;))
  • @nerdscandy agreed! 

xoxo