A Plan

Let You Go?

 

 

Siwon arrives home at about 7pm, his mom, dad and Jessica are all waiting at the dining room. Dinner is served. Chuseok’s traditional cake, Songpyeon is all over the table. Complete with a big turkey on the middle of the table. Siwon can feel the tension going on between him and his mother. He sits on his chair and observe their faces one by one.

Mr. Jung is improving the formality and the serious situation when he unites both of his hands under his chin, it shows even more obvious when he clears his throat calmly. But yet still so serious. Misook is thinking carefully where to put the dessert on and when she took off her apron, she’s as serious as her husband.

While Jessica on the other hand, is sitting quietly on her chair, zoning out from the dining table. Just concentrating her eyes on an empty spot which Siwon wants to respond with a little laugh but the condition is just not allowing him to.

Our guests will be here in a few more minutes, where have you been, Siwon-ah? Coming home at this hour on chuseok day?” his mom spattered out, and as soon as she realized that Siwon is bringing nothing, her tone of voice is getting higher, “I thought you went out to buy something nice for Taeyeon-ssi! What are you doing?!” she’s snaping at him now. Also bringing Jessica out from her own world at once. She was the one who sent him out and if her mom finds out, this is going to be a big problem.

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov

 

Our driver is actually taking us to someone’s residence and I don’t have any idea who is it. What I know is that my mom came home a few days ago and told me that I have to meet someone, she says the family is nice and that the mother is interested in to take me as her daughter-in-law. Well I mean what more can I say, I just want to make my mom happy. Speaking of my mom, her alzheimer is getting worse. It’s still fresh in my mind this morning how she pointed at dad’s portrait and ask who is that. I just lost for words, how could it be mom can forget dad.

Soon enough she will forget me.

She even told me how she forgot the name of her own friend, actually one of a few  whom she’d been hanging out with currently. I felt sorry for mom and I just felt sorry for myself that I’m not good enough as a daughter to keep this family together. Not even after Tiffany ran away. I just wish things would come back the way it used to be. And I cry, I cry, keep crying and keep blaming god and also myself upon this tragedy.

Mom starts forgetting the steps of how to clean herself, little by little.

Later on, the driver tells us that we’re arrived at the residence. As soon as I get down from the car, I noticed the house immediately, it brings back the memory when we’re having a vacation to Tokyo over a year ago, when the matchmaking marriage between Tiffany and Siwon is still on, the one my mom tells me about, the mother who’s interested in me is none other than Siwon’s mom.

End of pov

 

 

The doorbell is ringing, Siwon looks across his shoulder and bite his bottom lips, Misook is half running towards the front door, getting all excited to welcome the guests for tonight. And in they came, Taeyeon is holding her mom’s hand tightfully, and Siwon’s eyes catch hers. She give him a questioning look and it really obvious how she totally disagree with all of this. Siwon notices something different with her mom, it seems like she wasn’t even there with her body.

Pretending he didn’t look at Taeyeon, he quickly turn his head onto the table again and glance quickly to Jessica who sits beside him.

Oppa you don’t have to do this.” she whispers.

Siwon shook his head and replies her back with a resigned face. Taeyeon glancing slightly to both of them, signing that she didn’t get it either. As she sits on her chair, the dinner has officially starts. Misook is the first one to talk, as expected, and she didn’t go anywhere far from the engagement plans, which leads them into the wedding plan. Taeyeon chokes upon hearing the ‘wedding’ words and quickly sips her glass of red wine.

Are you okay, Taeyeon-ssi?” asks Misook kindly.

Yeah, I’m okay Mrs. Jung.

Siwon finishes his dinner and wipes his mouth with a napkin before he abruptly stands up and pitches away from the dining room. His mom sends him a death glare from behind and Jessica is all by herself watching the dining table’s situation is getting more awkward by the moment. Taeyeon gulps down a piece of meatloaf slowly as she bends down her head deeper. Mr. Jung clears his throat and reacting soon to change all of that by saying “So, who wants dessert?

~~~

The dinner finished peacefully and ended with parents still gathering at the dining table, sipping their glass of red wine. While Jessica move to her room and found Taeyeon walks out from the toilet with a very confused face. She paused at the stair and goes back down.

Hey are you okay? You look uneasy since we’ve had our dinner.” Jessica greets her politely.

I’m fine, really.” Taeyeon answers her calmly.

Taeyeon-ssi.” A deep, serious voice is calling her from behind, and Jessica immediately nods understanding as she steps out further back and trotting her way upstairs. Taeyeon hesitatingly walks closer to him and try to act as normal as she could.

Long time no see, aren’t we? I just hope you didn’t misunderstand the bizarre situation right now.

No, no, no. Absolutely not. I completely understand that your mom is just being.....a mom.” She says in a literal way.

Siwon nods in agreement and hales in a deep breath, he wants to ask her for a favor, but he’s afraid it might hurt her instead. He didn’t intend to do it, but it might just happen. After a long pause between them two, Taeyeon blurted out first, unexpectedly.

Do youby any chanceknow, where does Tiffany live now? Because.....last time I called to her apartment’s phone, it’s unreachable. I thought she’s moving out or something...” she bite her lips to prevent herself to talk more.

She moved out, indeed.” Siwon’s approving.

So?!” she paused for a second and keeps moving on now, lowering her hesitation a little bit, “Could you.....tell me, where exactly she is?” Taeyeon is obviously expecting a good news and lucky for her, he didn’t disappoint her.

Yes I know where she lived.” said Siwon, his face is lighten up with excitement, seems like he just got a brilliant idea.

~~~

Taeyeon jumps out of the car and looks around the neighborhood, same reaction like everybody who knows Tiffany, whom expecting a lot more than just this kind of place, to be the exact spot for someone like her.

This place is just so........not her.” said Taeyeon, a flash of memories about her not getting the shares from their father’s will is just too unfair. Taeyeon is sorry for her little sister to suffer in a way like this. No more fancy Tiffany like she used to know.

I know. That’s why I just can’t believe she cooks the food for chuseok.

Taeyeon turns around in a flash, dropping her jaws open looking surprised and amused at the same time, “She cooks?” which Siwon responds with a nod and a smirk, he folded his arms and hales out a deep breath, he seems to be under a lot of pressures right now.

You know, the last time I saw her, was when she told me that you and her are engaged. Then, she said she won’t forget to invite me to the wedding. I told her to go home and just...talk about this with both of usme and mombut she never came home. She never called. She just disappeared.” Taeyeon stops, her eyes are wandering far away, until she shook her head and smiles restrainedly to Siwon.

He shrugs and pats her shoulder, “Tiffany is just being Tiffany.” He smiles, repeating what she said earlier, “Let’s just go inside.” He tilts his head signing to walks with a lot of courages and faith inside. As they arrived at her door and about to knock, the laughing voices are coming from inside. Taeyeon musters up her courage to knock on the door, the laughing voices are immediately on paused when she did that.

The door slowly opens, showing Tiffany with her trouser, wool sweater and a beanie on her head, quietly standing behind it. Taeyeon looks at her in disbelief, she remembered when Tiffany used to mock her for wearing trouser, because she says it looks baggy and ugly. She comes out slowly and closed the door behind her. She throws an awkward stares to both of them, forcing herself to not believe whatever that happens if it’s not from Siwon’s mouth itself, he said so. So now, seeing Taeyeon and Siwon standing on silence in front of her door makes her wondering and wondering the correct situation.

What are you guys doing here? I mean, why did you bring her here?” she asks calmly, but the disagreement tone is still there somehow.

Now Tiff, don’t be hasty. We’re not here to announce a wedding, we’re here actually to tell you about a plan.” said Siwon immediately. Taeyeon staring timidly to her, not willing to say anything.

She opens up and close it again, doing the same thing for a few times until Tiffany finally welcome them inside her houseroom. As soon as they walk inside, the first thing they realized is Donghae whom sitting comfortably on the couch, eating Songpyeon and laughing towards the tv, currently watching Korea’s popular tv show, Strongheart. He glance at Siwon and flinched quietly on her spot.

Hey.” Siwon greets him slowly from the coffee table.

Donghae raised his arm unwillingly as a respond. While Taeyeon is busy catching up with the stories she haven’t heard. Tiffany came out from the kitchen bringing them two glass of orange juice. She sits right beside Siwon, indirectly indicating something obvious and also serious going on between them to Taeyeon. She’s just being aware. "Oh by the way, Taeyeon-ssi, that's my brother. I mean like, from the same mother. Lee Donghae." Tiffany points to him whom sitting on the couch, he replies with slightly raising up his arm and continues watching tv. Taeyeon flinched upon hearing 'the same mother' and cringes unknowingly.

Nice to meet you." she smiles at Donghae and turns her face again to Tiffany's.

"So.....” Taeyeon try to start, “The thing is, Mrs. Jung wants us to get married as soon as possible, but..” she paused again after she saw Tiffany raising her right eyebrow out of nowhere as soon as she blurts the idea out, “Don’t...don’t be misunderstood, first of all, I’m not marrying someone else’s man.” Taeyeon chuckles upon her own jokes and seeing both of them putting straight faces, and the voice that can be heard in the entire room is none other than Donghae’s laugh, she clears and continues uncomfortably.

Me and Siwon has drawn up a plan. And I think it’s going to be shindy.

Well let’s just hope it’ll work as we’re planning it to be.” Siwon shrugs and Tiffany’s shoulder lovingly.

What are you guys trying to put up?” she scratch her chin, giving an obvious sign of confusion.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




 

 

hi everyone!! so I plan to create like, what, 2-3 chapters more before the end of this :/ hope you all have a great time reading my fic~

  • @KellyYeoh ikr, donghae is such a sweet guy :'/
  • @ndynise you know what your comment made me really happy especially the part where u told me that my fic is one of your fav story. THANKYOU^^
  • @nerdscandy yeah totally. and i'm still struggling how to get those guys together
  • @mrskwonjiyong LOL nope XD
  • @renanism u like the romantic sifany do ya ;D thanks ren <3

new comments and new subscribers are highly appreciated. thanksss xox