"What About The Wedding?"

Let You Go?

 

 

The next morning Tiffany is sitting stiff in her room, waiting for the hairdresser to come. The make up is done and she’s wearing the wedding dress already. The door peeks open and Jessica came inside.

How do you feel?” she asks excitedly behind Tiffany, facing the mirror.

Never been better.” Tiffany answers aversely as she bite her lips.

Just calm down, take a deep breath and exhales it slowly.” said Jessica again and now she’s showing Tiffany how to take a deep breath and exhales it slowly. Tiffany giggles a bit and hit her shoulder playfully. “That’s not how you take a deep breath. See, like this.”  Tiffany starts flaring her nostrils and both of them starts laughing out loud.

See? There’s no need to panic, come on you can do this, can’t you?” Jessica hold her hands and gets up from the chair, “I’ll be back, I need to do my hair.”

Okay.” Tiffany smiles and turns back to the mirror again, minutes later her room filled with at least four people, two of them are doing her hair and two others fixing the bottom part of her long wedding dress.

At 7.30 am Tiffany and the rest of people in the house took off to the Seoul Grace church and Mr. Hwang just hung up from his phone conversation with the groom’s side, they’re already there which means Siwon is now probably standing at the edge of altar. Tiffany’s sweating and keeps on pulling her white gloves until it tighten up to her hands. Mr. and Mrs. Hwang are talking seriously on the front seats while Tiffany is busy staring at Taeyeon and Jessica who are also busy chattering. Everyone seems so relax and happy while herself is at the top of her nerve-racking situation. She pulls another piece of tissues and wipes the sweat off her forehead.

***

 

 

Seoul Grace church, the ceremony

Tiffany came out from the car and staring down at the big front door of church, she gulps down and starts walking with Mr. Hwang beside her while Taeyeon and Jessica are still busy spazzing on the excitement. The wedding march starts tuning along when the bride comes in, it’s a long way to go to the groom. Making Tiffany more anxious and nervous than she’s supposed to be, Siwon is smiling brightly at her, she can see him clearly and unconsciously she smiles back widely at him.

Tiffany’s pov

Oh I feel so strange, why am I smiling? It’s like every single nerves around my mouth is forcing it to smile. But, could it be because I’m happy? Didn’t I’m the one who says that all of this is a bad idea. I’m getting closer oh my god, I’m shaking, did everyone sees the bouquet is shaking in my hands? My arms are also shaking.

Wait.

My arms are not shaking, someone shakes it, I turn my head to my dad and saw him quivering so bad and the next thing I know he fell down, choking and coughing, leaving me speechless on the middle of this small red carpet with the whole guests staring their eyes towards us. I opened up my veil and tries to wake him up, he holds on to his chest, and he can’t barely talks.

Dad?? Dad???! Talk to me! What is it??!” I shook off his shoulder, the guests starts surrounding us and suddenly Siwon came through and told me to step aside. He carries my dad away and runs outside quickly. Everything went by so fast, the guests are also following them outside, some gets in to their cars and drives away. Mom is crying hysterically in front of the church. While I’m still here watching everyone getting panic and went by, standing in the middle of the church, even the priest walks to the front and asks everyone whether my dad is okay.

Tiffany??!” Taeyeon came up in front of me. The church is half empty. My wedding is screwed.

What just happened?” I asked in a confusion.

Dad had a heart attack.” Answers Taeyeon, half sobbing.

And everything went quiet again.

End of pov

 

All the way to the hospital Tiffany sits still in the car with Taeyeon staring at her worriedly.

 

Tiff, are you okay?

Where’s Jessica?

She’s out first following Siwon-ssi to the hospital. Don’t worry, everything’s going to be okay.

Tiffany raised her face and glares at Taeyeon, “Okay?

Taeyeon folded her arms and stares carefully at her expressions.

How could you say this is okay. I’ve been struggling with all of this nervousness and anxiety and also the wedding dress that made me sweats too much and also this silly gloves!” Tiffany forces both of the white gloves to come off from her hands, “And this veil! And this killing heels that I have never once like! I prepared for all of this and dad just ruined it all up by being unconscious in the middle of my wedding ceremony!! HOW NICE. IT’S ALL OKAY. I bet he wouldn’t do this when it’s your turn to get married, wouldn’t he, Taeyeon??

 

Taeyeon’s pov

Here we go again. I know it from when dad fell unconscious, never once that worried expressions showed up on her face, instead she looks like she’s furious, she hates the idea of how our dad is being struck by heart attack. She expected everything to turns out like how she wants it to be. My selfish little sister, how can she do this to dad.

I decided to keep my mouth shut, just waiting for the next thing she’d like to yell out to me. Well actually this is the thing that I expected from her. She must be angry and didn’t care about anyone else except her.

So? How come you just shutting up, won’t you answer me? He wouldn’t do this on your wedding day, wouldn’t he??!” her voice keeps rising up and up, and for a moment it feels like she’s someone else. The nice Tiffany that I thought going to be her new self forever didn’t last really long. I shrugged timidly to answer that question and her entire face blushed, she is raging. She closed her eyes and starts breathing heavily. I’m scared, honestly, “Tiff—“

DON’TTALKTOME.” yelled her as she raised her index finger in front of my face.

Well, okay. I won’t talk.

End of pov

 

When Taeyeon and Tiffany arrived at the hospital, Taeyeon went to the emergency room immediately and Tiffany just stood outside, still wearing her wedding dress and feeling a little bit embarrased, how can she not think of changing clothes before going to the hospital. Now she’s wondering if everybody thought that her groom left her behind. Suddenly someone pats her on the shoulder.

Oh, it’s you.”

Sorry about your father, and how our wedding is just likeneglected.”

Tiffany just grumbling quietly while Siwon is standing still in front of her now, waiting for her answer. “Yeah it’s okay.” Finally she answers. Siwon startled and bending down a bit to see Tiffany’s expression.

Are you okay? You look a little bit silent today, which is unusual.” said him.

Tiffany looked up and sees his face so close to hers, his eyes showing that he’s concern about her condition. His eyebrows are frowning together, wondering why would his chirpy bride didn’t talk too much after all of this happened. Tiffany shook her head trying to distract her mind from falling for him. He’s just too handsome when you stare him that close. “I’m okay.” Replies her shortly, after she skimmed away Siwon’s hand from her shoulders, she picks up the uncomfortable wedding dress and walks away slowly. Turns out Siwon won’t leave her alone.

Are you sure you’re okay? I can drive you home if you want.” The offer is ensuring and Tiffany was about to accept that offer, but she didn’t want to. She didn’t want Siwon to know the foolishness feeling that hanging around her heart right now.

She turns around before Siwon is coming closer again, “No. It’s okay, why don’t youjust go home? I could go take a taxi.”

Yeah but you and your dress—“

I’m okay, really.” said Tiffany, not realizing that she’s reaching his shoulder and pats it slowly. Then the next thing, the awkward atmosphere is spreading between them as Tiffany slowly turns away after she looked back again for the last time. And off she go to a taxi in front of the hospital.

 

Tiffany’s pov

Shoot, what was that, why would he be concerned so much about me? Don’t stare at me with those eyes, I can’t barely stand it. I can feel my cheeks are warm now, ahh what am I doing?! I slapped my cheeks slightly, which makes it look more blushing than before. Argh!

I close my eyes and I notice my make up starts to fade off.

Ugh. I’m sweating again, maybe it’s because of him, maybe it’s because finally I realized my feelings for him. Maybe it’s because I starts to act nervously when he’s around.

Maybe it’s because. I’m falling for him.

Oh great. Now it’s raining, this is just exactly like a scene in some romantic dramas my mom used to watch on tv. And despite all of this commotions, my dad getting a heart attack and he is now in the hospital, sleeping in a comma, my wedding is postponed—or maybe cancelled—I didn’t realize anymore. It’s like..these all usually happens to me, I don’t care. My mind is just full of him now. No one else.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


turns out Tiffany didn't do anything reckless lol, it's just the bad timing when the heart attack strikes Mr. Hwang~
honestly I wanna write about the runaway thing, but it's kinda confusing. so I choose this kind of story instead.
hmmhmm comments and subscribe guys :D