Meeting Jessica's Brother

Let You Go?

 

Well it’s quiet cozy here, Jessica’s apartment building is not too far from fifth avenue. And she’s now trying to get into—at least—Marie Claire magazine. She’s improving a lot, from my point of view. And now I looked down to myself, not in college, not searching for a job either. I thought about this sometimes, that I might make my parents always miserable yet they’re always support me for all I do, which is pointless. Because I always waste my time, and my partner in crime is now finding her way, got that enlightenment we always talked about in the high school times. The times where we like to party hard. I remember when they used to compare me with my older sister, Taeyeon. Taeyeon this, Taeyeon that, Taeyeon is way more smarter than I am, but I do think that she’s prettier than me even though no one has ever said that.

Hey. Did you even listen to me?” Jessica looked at me confusedly as she snaps her finger in front of my face. I blinked cluelessly and stares blankly at her. “What are you thinking about? Did you even hear my story? I don’t want to repeat it again, you know. Hahhh, alright, you better get some rest you look like a zombie. Go, shoo, rest.” said Jessica.

That night went well, I got enough of sleep and New York in the morning is really gorgeous and I don’t know why I called the traffic jam I saw from Jessica’s apartment balcony is gorgeous but I guess I’m not accustomed to see it, so.....yeah it’s pretty. She calls me inside to drink a cup of coffee and get ready to meet her “charming gentleman” brother like she calls him. So after we both arrived at the cafe where we supposed to meet Jessica’s brother, I put my handbag down and suddenly Sica sits beside me.

Didn’t you sit at the wrong place, you always sits in front of me to every cafe or restaurants we went to.” I said, confusedly looking at her who already busy checking the menu’s book.

No, I sit at the right place. My brother will sit in front of us.”

 

Minutes later.

Tiffany's pov

A guy with a reading glasses on his face and neat clothes came into the cafe. He smells so nice that I even surprised by myself by how attractive he is right now by standing just a few metres in front of our table. Well, Jessica should’ve mention to me about this guy earlier. He’s hot!

Well hello brotha!” shouts Jessica as she pats his shoulder and gestures him to sit down. “How are you?” she looks like she’s very close with her brother, never seen this before with her oldest brother. Hmm come to think of it, they didn’t look really similar to each other.

I’m fine Sica, you’re still as fussy as ever like the last time I saw you. How’s dad?” his voice. His voice, I know this is so ridiculous but hearing his voice is giving me goosebumps. He’s something. He’s something I should know.

Dad is very fine. Oh yeah! Oppa, meet my bestest friend, Tiffany Hwang. Tiffany, this is my stepbrother, Choi Siwon.

I rolled my eyes sarcasticly and asked her, “Now you didn’t tell me anything about the stepbrother.

Ugh fine, okay. My dad had been married, again. I know this is probably the fourth time for him, and I know you’ll think that my dad is kinda flirty and inappropriate and that’s why I won’t tell you why I have him as my brother, or stepbrother.” She said, slightly looking to Siwon for every minutes.

You should’ve told me the truth Jess, it’s fine.” What? She didn’t tell me about his father marrying another woman again, she didn’t trust  me? And I put that thought aside, I introduce myself to him first. Wow, look at him, after he took off his glasses he looks more handsome! This is unbelievable how can someone can be as good looking as him? Jessica is right, he talks slowly and charmingly and attractively. Duh, do I look too obvious? Suddenly I have this urge to smoke, because I just ate something and that means I have to smoke.

Excuse me, you two aren’t mind if I smoke, right?” I asked politely.

You smoke?!” he asked, well literally shouting. Like what I will do next is really unusual, argh what’s with this stepsiblings and their anti-smoke thingy? He asked me like I did something really bad.

Well, yes. If you feel kind of disturbed, I will not smoke. It’s okay.

No no no, go on, smoke. It’s okay.

I shrugged and took out my cigarette, like usual I burn it before I smoke and enjoyed every breath I haled in.

***

 

Tiffany gets off to the night club near the Times Square, she would like to party, and feels like drinking a lot of alcohol, she said as Jessica and Siwon drops her off by taxi. While Jessica waits in the taxi, Siwon walks her off inside because he said that he just want to make sure.

You’re very kind, really. About the food, you really should’ve not pay for us.” Tiffany laughs and continues “And you’re not supposed to take me inside the club, I can come by myself.”

Uhm it’s okay, you brought me a nice impression though.” He smiles, with dimples at both sides of his cheeks. “But your impression would’ve been so much better if you’re not smoking.” He suddenly speaks out, making Tiffany’s smile fading away quickly.

Wait. Who are you telling me about my smoking habit? Are you telling me that I didn’t look really nice with cigarette in my hand? Just so you know, you’re stepsister there is also smoking, man. Don’t judge me.” she feels her emotion bursting out after Siwon mentioned about how smoking ruined her first impression towards him.

Yeah I know. But she stopped, and no offense. I think girls with cigarette are missmatch and the girl will look bad. I didn’t smoke, you know, because it’s bad for the health.” Well, now he starts giving health advice to her, she starts to feel annoyed by this man. Then she’s right, Siwon is the type of guy that follow and obey the rule because he thinks that’s the way it supposed to be. So Tiffany smiles sarcasticly and walks away inside the club. Before she walks too far from where he stands, she turned again and says “And just so you know, you made the best impression too, but your impression would’ve been so much better if you’re not being so nosy about my habit.” She smiles cutely, and also with her eyesmile that she’s been forcing to be as cute as it is, and walks inside.

 

 

 

 


If you're reading this then you are that one step closer to the most exciting part of the story

keep being curious!^^~