Transparent

A Simple Duty

Thou wouldst be loved? --then let thy heart

 

----

 

It all started with the morning news from television

 

----

 

Cho Kyuhyun a senior high student enjoying his first meal for that day. Chewing slowly while his brother keep busying sassy about the news on the television. A car crash that happen around two in the morning, near his school.

"Maybe there will be some media around your school Kyu."

Kyu only nods and hum as a response. His dad only shake his head seeing how different  his sons are. The older one like to blabbering here and there while the younger is little bit quiet, or perhaps too quiet.

Kyu risen from his seat and take his satchel behind. He wipe the corner of his mouth before he emptied his milk.

"Kyu" A middle aged guy come across from kitchen still using apron and smile "don't forget to check your feet on hospital after school. okay?"

"Yes, I will."

 

----

 

Kyu walk with a little steps in his neighborhood. His school only three blocks away which make him can go there by foot.

The sun lighten up his way. Spreading that warm golden ray in early autumn days. Touching his skin and caressed it slowly like the sunlight love him so much.

Kyu walk his feet steadily until he stops a block away from his school. There's no one around, but he can feel a shock jolt through his body, thrilling through his veins. He sees it again. The spirits.

With a very deep breath he start to walk his feet again passing them who actually blurs. Their movements are unnaturally fluids and somehow, they flew in the air.

He keeps his head down and facing the asphalt, try to walk faster, and take a small run to his school. His hands hold tightly in his satchel stripe, avoiding the gaze that they give towards him. He pretend like he doesn't see anything, but the immortals know, he does.

 

----

 

Kyu has his hands on his knees and his head downs. He try to stabilize his breath after he, at the end decide to run to his school, after one of the spirits try to catch up with him. Chasing him behind with his body full of blood.

He hate his life.

He hate his gift.

"Are you run again Kyu?"

Kyu lift his head and only find a wide smile from his sunbae, who call him. He try to smile as reply, even its hard while he still agape for a fresh air in his lungs.

Choi Siwon, a dream guy everyone had in their life. One and only son of The Choi, who will automatically being the heirs of Choi corp when his dad is retiring. A guy with that called smart brain and a charming aura around him. 

Everyone try to be his, girls and boys, including Kyu. Enchanted by Siwon smile in his first year, make Kyu sometimes forgot how to walk in the earth if in a day, Siwon called him more than twice.

"Ye--- Aah... okay.." Kyu stops halfway answering the other, when he realize if he takes so much time to amaze by the fact Siwon greeting him in the morning, because now, the older already left to talk with another student, Kim Kibum.

Kyu rubs the back of his head awkwardly and turn his heels away toward his class.

 

Eh!?

 

Kyu stops his action and stare. He tilted his head slowly and doesn't give a damn to his wavy hair, which already mess up and fall to half his eyelids after he got his morning run.

He catch a glimpse of someone looking at the walls magazine in the end of hallway. He's have a unique posture from behind, since he's incredibly tall. The man still back facing Kyu and he seems like to have his hands front of his chest and cross it. A white shirt rolled up towards his elbows with a black trouser and sneakers tells Kyu if the guy is not one of the student here.

Of course he's not, because no one feels his presence.

He's blur.

Kyu slowly walk to him. The one that floating in the air, but instead, Kyu stops in front off his class, six feet away from the spirit. Kyu still stare at the other's back. Kyu not sure if the one that he sees now is dead or not, since he can see him perfectly like human, but just different. Transparent.

Suddenly the spirit turn his body, and reveal if he have blood spread along in his fronts. His skins were pale, with some bruises around his arms, and Kyu also can see dried blood on the corner of his mouth. 

Without he realize Kyu take a steps backward. He try to examine more about the spirit. He just, lifeless physically, but his eyes, he like screaming help towards everyone who can seeing him.

Everyone.

"You... Not scared of me?" 

 

----

 

From it's present pathway part not!

 

----

 

"Aaah, so your name is Cho Kyuhyun, ne?"

Changmin or the spirit, just floating up in the air as he facing Kyu from his desk with crossed legs. Kyu only eyeing the other with somehow questioning face, because seriously, Kyu never talk to any spirit personally, since they always scared him hell out.

"Kyuhyun--ssi, are you even pay attention to my subject?"

"Uh--Aah.." Kyu risen his head and realize if he hasn't open his math books and his teacher already stand beside his table looking at him "yes, Seongsaenim!" 

Kyu quickly open his books and hopefully he already finishing all problem in his text books. His teacher just sigh "I know you're smart at math, but please, pay attention at my class, will you?"

Kyu only nods and put his gaze down when he realize if all student in class look at him. Maybe his face already turn slightly red right now.

His teacher already start the class again and Kyu turn his heads around to find Changmin, the one that make him get busted, but he's nowhere to be found. After couple minutes, he gave up and just continuing his class.

 

----

 

"You change clothes!?"

It's not a question, but it sounds like one. They already in the school roof at lunch. Kyu never take lunch, he never does. He prefer to play his PSP alone in school roof and getaway from the ocean of another student fills the canteen.

"Well, I don't know either." Changmin giggle slowly when he realize what he wearing right now. A simple baby blue pajamas. "I also thought a spirit like me can't change clothes."

The sits there with a quiet far gap between them. Once or two Kyu steal a glance from the corner of his eyes to his right, where Changmin sits.

Kyu put his PSP down. and turn it off. He put it inside his pocket and turn his sits position so he can face the other. He can see some bandages that covers the other face. His face is also already clean, since there's no dried blood anymore "So actually, what are you?"

"What?"

"You" Kyu waving his hands in the air. He try to portraying what Changmin is. "I... I mean you. You are different, I mean, are you dead?"

The sun hiding slowly behind the clouds that somehow turns into gray colors. Ready to fall in the open air as patter of the rain.

Changmin turn his head to his bare foot. He moved his feet from the left to the right like a child. He try to feels the wind there. 

"No... I guess not for now..."

Changmin answer slowly before he flew in the air and he becoming more blurs than before, until he totally gone with the wind that blows his shadows like the dust.

Leaving Kyu stare at nothing in his school rooftop.

 

----

 

Kyu walk slowly in the hallway. There's no sounds around accept from beeping sound from several rooms. 

The rain getting hard outside. The gray cloud getting heavier with the rain. Freely fall from the skies, make the temperature getting down few Celsius.

Kyu just ends his therapy session with doctor Park, few minutes ago. He always checking up his feet condition after he gets car accident three years ago which make him comma for about six months. An accident that change his life forever. An accident that makes him can see the dead spirits.

Kyu decide to sits in the chair on lobby since he doesn't bring any umbrella with him. He also not used his car for school this morning, which make him stuck in the hospital until it his brother pick him up around half hour from now.

To less his boredom just by seeing how the rain falls, Kyu decide to read the news paper on the seat next to him.

Nothing special, nothing new.

He flips the news paper and try to put it back on the seat beside him, but something catch his eyes. He open back the news paper and read the headline which the words are bold. He read it slowly, while his mouth can't stops agape.

 

.

 

The only son of Shim try to follows his Mother path

(8/9) The only son of Shim, Changmin (18) got a car accident on prefecture R, around two in the morning. The black Bugatti Veyron that driven by the youth crash, hitting the truck that come from other side of way. 

The truck driver try to avoid the sports car, but it only make things getting worse. Changmin catapulted from his car when it hit the side of truck and make him founded eight feet away from the crash scene.

The truck driver only get a light bruises while, the youth still unconscious in hospital.

 

.

 

Kyu's hands are trembling. He almost let the newspaper fall on the floor when suddenly his phone is vibrated. He take out his phone from his pocket and found a messages from his brother, if he already waits for Kyu in front of the hospital.

Kyu not even reply it and only put his phone back in his pocket. He stand from his seat and bring the news paper with him, outside under the rain.

 

----

 

Thou wouldst be loved? -- then let thy heart

From its present pathway part not!

 

----

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just like what I said, I'll back after graduation

I don't know exactly about this story, it just buzzing around into my mind in past few weeks, so I just throwing out every ideas and words from my mind. So I'm sorry if this kinda weird and confusing.

And thanks for those, who comment at my previous story, vote it, and subscibes it, I haven't reply each comment formally, so I'll say it here, since its already months ago, and I guess it'll be awkward if I reply it now. So yeah.

Hope you like this new story folks and see ya in next chapter~