Nothing has changed

Moments in Life

*Ailee - Evening Sky*

 

 

“Hey, I’ve heard that 2B are going to make an café!” Yoonji heard some of her classmates talk about the coming school festival, while she was staring absent-mindededly out of the window.

“What? But that’s what we wanted to do!”

"It's too late anyway."

“How about, we make a ghost train! That would be so thrilling!” Henry suggested, earning a disapproving look from Amber. “Seriously?”

“Let’s stick with the band performance. I mean Luhan and D.O can sing. And Lay can play the guitar while Seungho plays the piano. And the rest do their own respective assignments.”

Still slightly disinterested from her surroundings, Yoonji didn’t see that Chanyeol was standing in front of her desk. Oblivious of his presence she sighed and looked at the photos she’s taken not so long ago. Her gaze halting to a certain picture, taken from her favorite spot.

“So, nothing changed in the picture?” Chanyeol’s deep voice surprised Yoonji, making her look up with widened eyes.

After a few seconds she calmed down, and wore a sad expression on her face.

“Sadly no.”

“I’m supposed to give this to you tomorrow. But he said that he might change his mind otherwise, but…

It’s for you. This letter is from Baekhyun. His birthday’s today.”

Curious, Yoonji opened the letter, and widened her eyes, as she read the contents of it. Without thinking twice, she made a dash out of the classroom. 

 

“To Yoonji,

Even though we’ve only know each other for this short amount of time.

I want to thank you for the things you’ve done. It was really fun and I’ve enjoyed our short talking sessions.

And to think that even after my death, I was able to make friends. I feel really blessed.

I know that you don’t have a lot of friends, and I’m not going to force you to have a lot. But I just want you to know, that having a friend is something really special.

Yes, even I’ve enjoy having you as a friend. You seem afraid to approach other people and you also don’t talk much. But if you had the guts to talk to a ghost, you should be brave enough for the future awaiting for you. Yes, I’m pretty sure that you’ll be set for whatever life may throw at you.

Try your hardest, I’ll be rooting for you. Hwaiting!

-Byun Baekhyun”

 

“WAIT!” Yoonji screamed after she’s arrived at their usual hangout place, still panting, because she ran all the way to the shore.

“Yoonji?” Baekhyun said surprised as he turned around.

‘There’s only now!’

“I like you!” Yoonji began to sob as tears blurred her sight. “I’ve always admired you from afar. W- when you remembered my photo, I was so happy. And I’m really glad, that I was able to talk to you. I had a really great time. A- and, about the letter… Thank you so much! I’ll always treasure it!!”

Baekhyun smiled as he began to fade a little. “That awkward and hard working side of you… Is really cute and I like it. As a farewell thank you, I’m going to sing a song for you. I don't know why, but this song indirectly reminds me of you." He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

 

"I have a habit which is I cannot look up to see the evening sky any day.
I hate the feeling as if the whole world is gonna leave me.

That sun falling faraway will come here tomorrow.
It seems that it would not the sunshine that brightened me.

Love comes again though you leave me.
Even if I had a clamorous parting.
You weigh on my mind over and over like this.

I laugh for loving something occasionally.
I feel the happiness more occasionally.
But you are deep in me.

Whenever I give someone my heart I have a habit of saving the half.
I hate the foreboding that if I give all of it he would just leave me.

I cannot give this half to anyone
But I don’t want me broken half way to show up

Love comes again to me though you leave me.
Even if I had a clamorous parting.
You weigh on my mind over and over like this.

I laugh for loving something occasionally.
I feel the happiness more occasionally.
But you are deep in me.

Whereabouts is your mind?
I wonder if it has hovered around me.
Just like me, once in a while.
I realized that time could not wipe everything out.
I ain’t still able to call your name comfortably.

Somebody not you hugs me.
And somebody not me hugs you.
Although days flow eternally like this.

The words that I didn’t say yet to you remain in my mouth.
The love that I didn’t give the whole remain in my mind.
Maybe you are still in me…

…Goodbye.”

 

*

 

“I’ll be taking some photos now. Hana, dul, set!”

*Click click click*

“Everyone gather together! I’m going to take a shot from all of you” Quickly, the students from the class gathered together and posed in front of the camera.

Yoonji smiled, as she held her camera in front of her eyes, ready to take the photo.

“Wait, don’t forget me!” A voice shouted, making the whole class turn their heads to the owner of the voice, Henry. Punished to wear a duck-uniform, for losing game, he made his way to his classmates with a sulking face.

*Click*

 

*

 “Isn’t it tiring, being the camera girl all the time during the festival?” Chanyeol later asked, as the both of them made their way to the café, hosted from class 2B.

“It’s not that much of a work, actually. And I really like taking photos, and it also gives me chance to talk to everyone.”

“You’ve changed, Yoonji.” Chanyeol snickered. “You’re more serene now.”

“Really? You think so? No, actually I didn’t, I’m just more- “

“Yoonji-unnie!” Yoonji turned her head to the source of the voice, and saw two students from class 2A. “Yes?”

“We saw your picture, it’s really beautiful, and the view is just perfect!”

“Thank you.” Happy Yoonji turned to look at Chanyeol and smiled.

‘I’m doing really great, as always, oppa. But sometimes, I’ve the urge to see you, because I really miss you. So I always stop by to gaze at the lake, the sky, the scenery and the warm atmosphere, that it radiates.

Since you’ve left, nothing has changed.

I would also often look at the picture I’ve taken of you. And did you know, that the teacher put my picture next to the auditorium, because they liked it that much? And even though, no one can see you in the picture. I know deep inside, that there is an angel.

 

 


A/N: I originally wanted to make the story longer, but then I thought, how about no? So yeah, this is the last chapter. hope you've enjoyed reading it :)

I would really like to have a feedback of my story, pretty puleaseu?