To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that's all

Moments in Life

*G.NA - Mind Sync ft. Huh Gak*

 

 

BaekHyun … died?’

 

“Yes! Just yesterday” Luna exclaimed.

“T-that’s a-awful” Sulli, near tears, stuttered.

“I heard he wasn’t doing that great either in during the spring breaks” Taemin murmured.

“His death was so sudden, even though we all knew about his weak heart.”

 

I first saw him in the Entrance ceremony, when he performed a song. I thought what an angelic voice he’s got and how beautiful the boy was.’

 

Yoonji listened to her classmates talking about him, still deeply in thoughts.

 

“He’s always been so nice and friendly.” SooYoung said

 

Up until now, I’ve only watched him from afar. Apparently he was popular in the school and used to be in a school band, and I must say, that his voice was really blessed.’

 

“I still can’t believe that he’s gone. I mean hyung - no, not again!” Sehun said as he cried again, burring his head in his hands.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to hide your tears. It’s hard for all of us.” Taeyeon said and comforted him, patting his shoulders, and also letting a few tears fall down her cheeks.

 

I wish that I could at least shed some tears for him. But I haven’t even talked to him once.

The more I admired him, the more he seemed to be unreachable to me-‘

 

“Ow!” Yoonji said, as a guy bumped into her, she looked up to see who it was.

“Oh, sorry, Hyemi-ssi!” Jongin said and smiled at her.

“Idiot, that’s Yoonji, not Hyemi.” Luhan, his friend whispered to him and nudged his shoulder.

“Oops, er,I mean, I’m sorry Yoonji-ssi.” He said now, with a red face and walked away.

Yoonji watched them go to their seat, and rubbed her slightly sore shoulder.

“How could you not know her name, she’s you classmate!” Luhan said and frowned.

“Well, she’s so unobtrusive. Just like a wallflower.” Jongin retorted and held his hands up.

“Okay, you’re right, but still… Next time, remember all of the names of our classmates!” Luhan replied and turned to his seat.

 

*

 

It for sure, would have made him uncomfortable, when a girl like me talked to him’ Yoonjithought, later during lunch break. She was at her favorite place in the woods, on the shore. ‘Maybe it was the best, just to worship him in secrecy. But still, I wish I could’ve taken a photo of him in this place. The calm wind, the kind wilderness, all these things would have suited him.

Until now, I never had the urge to photograph someone… Oh yeah, now that I think about it, I still have to submit an image for the upcoming school journal. Right now, it’s such a great opportunity to take photos.’ She thought and took out her white olympus camera.

 

*Tshhh* ‘Is someone there?’ Yoonji thought alerted and turned around.

There on the tree, she saw a lone, tall boy leaning against it.

 

Oh, that’s… the person who always hung out with BaekHyun. Huh? Another person?’

 

Right next to the tall boy, another boy moved and stretched himself, it appears that he’s spotted her because he turned his head to Yoonji and so was able to look right in the eyes of Baekhyun.

“Baek-baekhyun!!!!!” Yoonji screamed and pointed at him.

“Wha-what?!” the other guy flinched alarmed and looked at her with wide eyes.

“B-bu-but I thought he died!” she exclaimed, still pointing at him.

“Wait-“ Baekhyun said with his angelic voice.

“O-or are you someone, who just happens to look like him?” she asked, eyes now also wide.

“Hold on a sec” the tall guy with the deep voice said ”you can see him?”

“Of course, I can. W-what do you mean with that? A-aren’t you Baekhyun-ssi?”

“He is” tall guy with the deep voice said “A ghost-version of him anyway. I’m surprised you can see him.” and just like that, he stretched out his arm and it went right through Baekhyun’s chest.

 

He is what?!!’

 

*

 

“Erm, are you feeling better now?” the tall guy, Chanyeol, asked and looked at her worried, holding a wet towel for her.

“Y-yes, thanks. A little, I’m still shocked though” Yoonji answered and took the towel, placing it on her forehead.

After she learned about Baekhyun being a ghost, she almost fainted, but instead she just hyperventilated a little.

“So, you seem to know me” Baekhyun pointed out and smiled. “Yes, I’m in the same grade as you, and your class is also right next to mine.”

“Really? Oh, I’m sorry. I missed a lot of school, because of my condition, you know. So I wasn’t able to memorize everyone’s face.” he scratched his head and smiled sheepishly.

“Well, you on the other hand, are pretty well known throughout the school. Mostly, because of your voice. But also because of your many hospital visits and illness. And now maybe also because of your death.” Chanyeol remarked.

“Damn it! I wish I could’ve gone to school more. Why did I have to die right before my birthday? It was only five days…” Baekhyun said and frowned.

“Erm, I don’t want to be rude. But how did it actually happen?” She asked curious.

“Huh, well, ever since I was a child I was really weak. So every year, I made the goal, to last ‘til my birthday.”

“And it seems that he hasn’t been able to go to heaven, because he was that bothered about dying right before his birthday.” Chanyeol snickered, which was really weird, because of his deep voice.

“Mmpf, whatever. By the way, what’s your name, actually? I’m sorry, I didn’t ask for your name earlier. It’s really rude of me.” Baekhyun said and smiled.

“My name’s Nam Yoonji.”

“Mhh, Yoonji…” Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol murmured with thoughtful expressions.

“It’s okay, guys. I’m not surprised you don’t know me.” Yoonji said, trying to reassure them that she wasn’t offended. “After all, I don’t really stand out in cla-“

“Ah, you’re the one, who took that photo.” Baekhyun said.

“That photo?” Chanyeol raised his eyebrow.

“Yes, the one that’s hanging right outside the cafeteria. I really liked that picture.”

He’ Yoonji blushed ‘remembers!’

“Hey! You two!” someone shouted behind them. They all turned their heads and saw a teacher standing there ”Get back to class already, the bell’s going to ring anytime soon!”

“Coming!”

 

*

 

Later that day Yoonji and Chanyeol walked together home, apparently they live in the same neighborhood.

“It seems like, no one else can see him.” She thought out loud.

“Yes, I can only see Baek, because I’m gifted. And I assume, you too, are gifted, right?” Chanyeol grinned.

“Me? No, I don’t think so. Beside him, I’ve never seen a ghost.”

“Mhh, how could that be. Maybe, you like him? Tch, that’s the power of love.” She blushed deeply and stuttered at his remark. “What? No! That’s presumptuous!”

“Presumptuous? How come that?”

“Well, you see” Yoonji started, still flustered ”He- he looks like someone that’s just stepped out of an artwork and he’s so photogenic. I wouldn’t be surprised if he were a celebrity or some kind of a nobility or prince in his past life.”

“… You’re funny.” Was all he said.

Yoonji looked at him and saw that he had a bright smile on his face.

“Erm, anyways, does Baekhyun-ssi always stay back? I mean wouldn’t he feel lonely?” She asked and changed the topic. I remembered the exact words he said when we bid goodbye ‘Stop by again, if you get the chance.’

“Well, things for sure would’ve been different, if he could actually converse with the others. But, even if he were to be back home, all he can do is see his family grieving. That would be pointless.”

“But…”

“Don’t worry about him. Once it’s past midnight, he'll go back to his room and stay there.”

“You two must be really good friends.” She said and smiled.

“Yeah, he always had a weak heart since he was a child.” Chanyeol agreed. “And when he hit middle school, his condition got worse. He had to go to the hospital more often. Even when he’d forced himself to school, he’d just end back in the hospital. His personal doctor scolded him a lot. But all Baek said was ‘What’s the point of being alive when you don’t make the best out of it?’ He never listened once. He used his whole life, to enjoy it, rather than being tied up in bed and regret everything later on. He really wanted to put every ounce of energy into living his life to the fullest. That was the path he chose to live. And all I could do was go along with it.

… So he wouldn’t be left with regrets”

 

 

 


A/N: Gaahh, updating because of Exo's teaser!!! I just slammed my head on the desk because of it.  你是美女我是狼嗷!

 

 

 

& lol, and this is my first ever painting on my computer :) hope you like it ^^

it's not finished yet, it's supposed to be Luhan but I think it looks like a mix of Luhan and Sehun :)

I'm gonna show my normal sketchs in my next update :) maybe when they've released the MV...