Bestfriends

Moments in Life

*Exo-K - 나비소녀(Don't Go)*

 

 

“Since next week’s the school festival, we are all going to decide on the concepts for it. When you need help, just ask the teachers” Seohyun, the class representative announced as she stood in front of the class.

Since it was allowed to invite other students from other schools and also relatives, it’s a really popular school event. So it was no wonder that also the students from class 2C are looking forward to it. Enthusiastic, the class began to suggest various ideas.

“I’m already so excited! I just love school festivals!”

“What should we do for this year?”

“Maybe, we should make a Café and serve Kimchi Spaghetti! Joonmyun can make his Honey Water!”

“We should arrange the school band to perform!”  

“Yeah, Luhan, you should sing this time!” Chen suddenly suggested, making the class go silent.

‘Because this time, Baekhyun won’t sing anymore.’  The silent words, clung onto the air.

 

*

 

“A school festival? That’s cool, I wish I could take part in it too. I mean now that I’m dead, I unfortunately can’t perform anymore” Baekhyun said, later during lunch break.

“If only when you could switch places with me.” Yoonji murmured silently.

“I’m guessing you don’t like stuffs like that?”

“No, it’s not like I don’t like the school festival.  It’s just that I don’t have anyone to talk to, because you know, I don’t really have any friends. But you on the other side, are really popular. And if you were still alive, you could have performed.”

“…Well, want me take over your body?!” he said with a scary face.

“P-please don’t do that!” Yoonji blurted out and closed her eyes.

“Tzz, I’m just joking, you know. But hearing you say that, while I’m at this state is tough to hear, to be honest.” Baekhyun smiled with a pained expression.

‘I shouldn’t have said that.’

“I’m sorry…”

“If you’re really sorry, then you should make lots of friends. For me!” he said and smiled.

“What? No, I can’t! “

“Why not?”

“B- because I am really bad at communicating with people and – and really awkward. Be honest, I’m irritating you right, Baekhyun-ssi?” Scared, to know the truth, Yoonji looked at the ground, avoiding Baekhyun’s face, which wore a stunned expression.

“…Did ever someone say such things to you?”

“…Yes, back in the middle school. It was a guy from a class above.”

“No wonder you’re so closed up. But actually, I think you’ve got your own charms. You don’t have to be loud or talkative in order to be liked. Even though you don’t talk that much, you’re really honest and I can see you’re a sincere person.  But just to tell you, if you think that you’re really that bad at communicating with people, you should practice some more. I’ll be you conversation partner, if you don’t mind.” Baekhyun smiled and turned to the sea. Yoonji looked up surprised.

‘He’s really a kind and considerate person.’

“That’s a really kind offer. Thanks…”

They fell in a comfortable silence, as they both looked at the see, absorbing the relaxing atmosphere. A perfect opportunity to take photos.

“Baekhyun-ssi? Can I take a photo from you?” Yoonji suddenly asked, as she held her camera up and looked at him unsure.

“Sure, go ahead, if you really want a ghost in your picture. And by the way, just call me oppa.”

‘I don’t mind, what kind of photograph it is. Because I got to ask the question I’ve wanted to ask for so long.’

Yoonji was about to take the photo and looked at the display but halted. All she saw, was the sea.

 ‘As if I’m in a dream world.’

“Huh? Is everything alright?” Baekhyun asked, as he noticed that she wasn’t taking any images.

“Y-yes.” Yoonji stuttered in response and began taking photos.

*Click click click*

‘Maybe something will show up. I just wanted some proof of that moment. A memento.’

 

*

 

 “Yoonji-yah.  Can you do me favor?” Baekhyun suddenly asked one day as they sat on their usual place on the shore. “Can you write a letter for me?”

“Of course.”

‘It turned out to be me writing a letter in his place, because he wasn’t capable to do so anymore.”

 

*

 

“Huh? A letter for me? Perhaps a love letter? My, my Yoonji! I didn’t know that you have feelings for me!” Chanyeol joked as he received a letter from Yoonji later that day, after school.

“That’s not it, Chanyeol-ssi. It’s a letter from Baekhyun oppa, I just wrote it for him because he wasn’t able to write one.”

“Oh, already on oppa-dongsaeng-terms? Did I miss that much?” he continued to as he opened the letter. “But just saying, you can call me oppa too, since I’m also older than you, right?” he said and read the letter.

 

“Dear my best friend Chanyeol,

So, I’m not even sure where to begin this letter and I know it’s weird that I slash Yoonji write you a letter that sudden. But I really want to thank you.

For always being here for me and supporting me. And also for simply just being my best friend, through all these years.

I really appreciate that.

So many times you’ve reminded me through your actions, how lucky I am to have you as my best friend. All the really hard stuffs became a little bit easier and much more bearable with you around.

And you never fail to make me laugh and smile, you bring me more joy and sunshine than you can possibly comprehend.

And even if I’m half of that to you, I would be really really proud.

And also thank you for believing in me, when I was too weak and exhausted to believe in myself. We share so much memories, and every single one is worth everything. I could never forget them.

You’re my derpy happy virus. And I really love you

Baekon

PS. No gay feelings, bro. ”

 

“… Well, he could’ve just said it all to me face to face. There’s no letter needed.” Chanyeol said as he smiled widely.

“You are so insensitive. He blushed madly while he was dictating me what to write!” Yoonji said, but smiled too.

“Oh, is that so?” he retorted and ruffled her hair. “Thank you. And by the way, your handwriting is really cute. I didn’t lie, it really seems like a love letter. But yeah, there’s no doubt about this letter, these words are his. And- huh, it’s going to rain soon.” He looked up as he felt a raindrop on his hand. Quickly he held her hand and walked a little faster. “Palli! You don’t want to get wet, right?”

And so they ran to their homes, while it slowly began to rain.

‘It’s raining… I- I should go back later and check on Baekhyun oppa.’ Yoonji thought worried as she bid goodbye to Chanyeol and ran to her home.

 

*

 

“Yoonji? What are you doing here so late at night?” Baekhyun was surprised to see Yoonji on their usual hangout place, when he heard a shuffling sound and turned around to see who it was.
“Ehrm. I just wanted to tell you that I gave Chanyeol-s-oppa the letter. And also because I was little worried of you, because of all that rain, you know…” Yoonji said as she played with the handle of her umbrella.

“That’s really nice of you. But as you already know, I’m see-through.” Baekhyun chuckled while rubbing his neck. “So, you don’t have to worry about me getting wet and sick.”

“Ha. I- I know. But I thought that it’s also a good chance to talk more. Since we only had time to talk during our lunch break. And I’m also worried that you might get lone-“

Yoonji froze as Baekhyun stepped forward and leaned closer to her, whispering a small ‘Thanks.’ in her ear.

Still in shock Yoonji turned her head to stare at Baekhyun as he continued to whisper in her ear.

“To tell you the truth, ever since my body have been burned to ashes. My mind’s been a mess. Even though I had Chanyeol, it’s still hard to believe that my body’s not here anymore. But now that you’re here, I feel a lot better. I’m really thankful for that.”

‘If only I’d realized that earlier.’  Yoonji tried to touch his hands as she felt her eyes getting wet. ‘I could’ve felt the warmth of his body, if only I’d talked to him earlier. If only I’d gotten to know him better. My wish might’ve become a reality.

…If only I’d have more courage.’

Silently, tears felt down Yoonjis’ cheeks as she closed her eyes, still ‘holding onto Baekhyun. She felt remorse and regret, but mostly she felt lonely.

‘I remember when his parents burned his incense in his funeral a few days ago. He sat alone and whispered “Thank you for everything. Mianhabnida.” And after that he went away.

Even then, at that time, I already wanted to touch him. But I already knew that it wasn’t possible.

No words were spoken, but it was clear to both of them what they felt.

All these times, we’ve talked, Baekhyun-oppa…

…I really wanted to feel you.’

 

 

 


A/N: yaay update! Pls do subscribe and don't forget to comment, their always welcome :)

& to be honest, i have the feeling that i've read my own story somewhere before i even began writing this story.. or was it just a dream?

 

and here my 1st ever drawing:, to be honest i never really drew in my life until 2 months ago, hereby i never took classes lol. i just suddenly felt like drawing, since i was awed by all these talented people drawing things *cough* Kris *cough* 

 

and here's my drawing/painting from last time lol. now it looks more like Luhan ^^