Distant Family

Into Another World

Jinyoung leaned his forehead on mine, while his right hand was on the back of my head. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. "Please, don't make me like this," he said. 

"What a temper!" I was still in shock. He did make me scared a bit. "A-arasseo," I stuttered.

He then stood up and walked to pick up the phone earlier. He checked it out and threw it into the trash can, "I'll replace this with a new one," he said. 

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to make you angry. I guess I'm just selfish," I said. 

He sighed. He looked at me, "If you have a problem, share it with me. Don't keep it to yourself. I hate it the most when I see you're sad". Jinyoung walked to the door, "I have prepared the food. Make sure you eat all of it," he said and left.

 

 

"What are you thinking of?" 

I looked to my side, "Oh, Chan-ah.." I slightly smiled. I changed my view to the ground again.

Gongchan took a seat besides me on the bench, "What's with you? You seem like someone else. Where's the happy go lucky _____?" he asked.

"Hmm," I forced a smile. 

"Where have you been? I haven't seen you quite a while".

"Oh, I wasn't feeling well," I answered short.

"Geurae? Then, today too?"

"Nae?"

He smiled, "Follow me to somewhere today!" he said and dragged me away. 

 

After taking the bus, I was brought to a park. It was really beautiful. The green scenery had made me really calm inside. Gongchan and I walked around. At times, rather than just having a walk, we took some pictures of each other and the picture of the beautiful sceneries as well. Later, Gongchan brought me to have lunch at a restaurant nearby. 

Knowing the fact that we would be having a class soon, we decided to go back to the college. Gongchan paid for the taxi and we reached there a lot faster. 

 

 

"That was really fun just now. Let's do it again sometimes," I said and smiled.

"Nae? N-nae.." he smiled and scratched the back of his head. 

"Let's go," I said to him. 

He just nodded. 

"Lyn!!" I heard someone was calling from behind. 

I turned around, "O-oh! Baro oppa! Eotteokkae?" What had happened that day, I could still remember it clearly. I felt like, it was just yesterday since it happened. 

He approached us, "What are you doing with him?" Baro frowned. 

"Yah, can you go away?" Gongchan seemed annoyed. 

I stood in front of Gongchan facing Baro, "Wae oppa, wae?!!" I raised my tone to him.

"Lyn..." Baro seemed in shock.

"Can you leave me alone?" I was glaring at him. "You live your life and I got mine to handle. You don't have to worry about me or anything. Just, do whatever you want without involving me.." I then let out a sigh.

Baro frowned, "Yah! You follow me now!" Baro took my hand and dragged me away from there. 

"B-but! I have a class to go!! Let me go!" I yelled.

"You should know why I forbid you from seeing him," he said again.

"What is he talking about? Forbid me from seeing Gongchan?" I thought. 

 

 

 

"Hyung, you should tell her everything. She is really close to Gongchan lately," Baro who was sitting right in front of me said.

It was in my apartment. Jinyoung who was standing for awhile, later took a seat next to me on the couch. 

"What's the problem of getting close to Gongchan? He is a nice guy," I said.

"Lyn..." Jinyoung said. He kept looking to Baro and then to me. "Actually, Gongchan is my little brother".

"What?" I was in shock. I then looked at Baro, "You knew about this? But you didn't tell me?" 

"Don't blame Baro," Jinyoung put his hand on my shoulder. "I brought you in the mansion long ago. Back then, before you came, Gongchan and I were like other normal brothers. We played together and we shared so many things together. Until you came, he suddenly changed. I thought three of us could blend together. At times, I saw him yelling and shouting at you. He broke things and said that you did it. I couldn't take it anymore when he told our parents that you were there, living in the mansion quietly in fact that we already agreed not to tell anyone about you. Luckily, I already 'hid' you carefully so they didn't find you. Now, can you see? Gongchan really hates you. That's why I asked Baro to look after you since you're in the same college as Gongchan. I can't risk it. Gongchan's hatred might harm you, if it's not today, what about tomorrow?"

"But, he's your brother.." I said.

"The brother that I know won't do anything bad to other people. I saw enough," Jinyoung seemed a bit depressed.

"They haven't met each other since Gongchan moved out from the house. I heard he lived in an apartment not far from the college," Baro said.

I still couldn't believe it. Gongchan who I knew until today was totally different from what they told me. 

Jinyoung continued, "Please, can you stay away from him, Lyn?"

I looked at both of them and remained silent.

 

 

"Lyn, can I come in?" I heard Baro's voice from outside of my room. 

"Nae, the door isn't locked," I answered.

Baro then came in. Meanwhile, I was sitting on my bed, facing to the window. He sat down next to me. 

"Why didn't you go home yet?" I asked.

"Can I sleepover tonight?" he asked.

"Do whatever you want. I don't even care anymore," I said.

"Yah! It hurts to hear you said that to me!" Baro made a sad face. He then smiled, "Is it because of that day? You were really jealous, huh?"

"No! Why would I jealous?" I pouted.

Baro chuckled. "Lyn, about that day. I will tell you myself now, about what happened between us before. Do you want to hear it? Well....if you don't want, I can just-" Baro stood up from his seat.

"Ani! Ani!" I pulled down his arm to make him to sit again, "I want to hear about it". I couldn't help it but to be curious about it. 

"If you want, can you promise me that you won't be friends with Gongchan anymore?" he asked.

"What?! No..! You can't stop me from befriending anyone. I just- Okay, fine. Let me meet him for a couple of times, can I?"

"Only a couple of times okay?" 

I was really sure Gongchan wasn't a bad person. There must be a reason why he did it. I need to try to make this thing clear. 

Baro continued, "He might be nice to you. Maybe he knew that you're different now. And, we won't know, what he's planning. I'm afraid he'll hurt your feelings like how he did before".

"But that was a long time ago, right? He was still too young to think straight," I said.

"Lyn, I'm really sure, as soon as you got your memory back, you won't go even closer to Gongchan".

I sighed. I guessed that I had to let it be for the time being. "Arasseo oppa. Now, tell me about what you were going to tell me".

"You know, there were five of us, Jinyoung, Gongchan, Sandeul, Shinwoo and me. We were in the same high school, including you. You were really fortunate, you know? Jinyoung is like your father, your brother, your friend, and also your husband," he laughed. "So, 5 of us were quite good friends, except that Jinyoung hyung and Gongchan sometimes had fights which I think you're the reason of it".

I just listened to his story.

Baro then looked down, "There was a girl. She was really beautiful. Well, to make the story short, I got into a relationship with her. But then, it was only for about almost four months I think..I saw her with another guy at the place where I did my part time job. I was deeply in love with her. But our relationship was just a game for her. I was depressed. The moment when I was about to suicide, you came to me, pulling me back to the real world. You never know how amazing you are, Lyn. You are precious, to me and also to Jinyoung hyung. You did confess to me, but I just can't accept it, Lyn. I don't know... You should really know that Jinyoung loves you very much!"

I just didn't know what to say. I bit my lower lip, trying to process his story in my head. 

"She loves you and you love her too. Then why do you care about the others?" a familiar voice was heard.

Both, me and Baro looked to the back. Jinyoung was listening to us near the door inside the room since the beginning. 

"O-oppa!" 

"I just want to see Lyn happy. If she can be happy with you, then why not?" Jinyoung said.

"But hyung-!" Baro seemed anxious.

"Just date, you two!" Jinyoung smiled and then walked out of the room.

"Hyung!" 

To think of it, my life was ! I didn't know why my parents left me just like that, no matter who I am. 

 

 

A breakfast was served as usual by Jinyoung. "You must be a really good cook because of me," I said while cutting the pancake on my plate in front of me. "You should just let me cook sometimes".

He smiled as he heard that. "After a long year of practice, yeah, you can say that. It's okay, because it's a part of my hobby now. I love to cook. But, you cook?" he then chuckled. 

"What? Don't underestimate me. You never taste my best selling red velvet cake".

"Your best selling red velvet cake?" 

I stopped cutting the pancake for a sudden. I took a look at him. He seemed confused. "I-I mean, if I can sell it, it must be a hit!" 

"Since when you bake?"

"I..........I took a lesson. Yeah. A secret lesson that I never tell you about it. If you don't believe me, I can bake it for you today".

"Nah, not today," Jinyoung said while pouring a glass of orange juice for me. "Maybe you can bake it during your birthday. We can celebrate it here. I will call those guys to come".

"Those guys?"

"Yeah. Sandeul and Shinwoo. If you don't know, they are your friends too".

"Oh! They were the one who Baro told me that day!" I remembered them from Baro's story. "What are they doing now?"

"Sandeul is still studying. Meanwhile, Shinwoo is in UK if I'm not mistaken. He likes to travel and he's also a freelance photographer," Jinyoung explained short.

"Oh, I see".

 

 

"Yah! Lee Hye In!" I heard someone was calling me when I was walking in the college area.

"Oh, it's you Gongchan," I said as I saw him.

He was panting. I was wondering if he was running to approach me here. 

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I'm going to the library. Well, I think I should go now," I said and I was about to walk away when he suddenly grabbed my arm.

"Wait a minute!" he said.

I looked from the hand that was grabbing my arm then to his face. "W-wae?"

"Are you avoiding me?" he asked and let go of my arm. 

"Hmm. It's not like I want to. But if Baro sees us, he'll nag at me again. It's kinda annoying, you know," I frowned. I continued, "But I do have something to talk to you about. Maybe this place isn't suitable for us to discuss".

"Come with me," he said as he got an idea in his head. 

 

 

I followed Gongchan from the college to the area that was unfamiliar to me. "I guess this is his apartment?"

"Come in," Gongchan who was leading me since the beginning invited me in after he opened the door.

I looked around and asked a confirmation, "This is your house is it?"

"Hm," he nodded. "I'm sorry. It is not as big as yours".

"Big enough for you to live in alone," I chuckled.

He just laughed. 

I then took a seat on the couch. My eyes were still looking around the area. 

"So, do you want anything to drink?" he asked.

"No. You don't have to. I just want to discuss about the thing I said earlier".

"Well, okay then," Gongchan then sat down in front of me.

"It's about your brother..."

"Ah, Jinyoung hyung?" he smiled, "How is he?"

"From what I see, he's not doing fine. Can't you guys make up?" a worried look was clearly shown on my face. "Look, I don't care about what happened in the past. Everyone makes mistakes. If you really hate me, then I can't do nothing about it. I just wish that both you and Jinyoung could be like how you guys used to be before".

Gongchan then stared at me, "Yah, Lee Hye In. Actually, I have two confessions to make".

"What is it?" 

"First of all. I don't hate you. Second, I like you since long time ago".

 

 

To be continued...

 

Comment down below, yeah? ^^