Curiosity

Into Another World

            

 

I couldn’t hide my happiness of seeing him there. It was clearly seen on my face. “Gongchan!” I said while hitting his shoulder “You’re here!”

 

There were no words coming out from Gongchan’s mouth. He looked at me with his blurry look.

Yikes! This is embarrassing! In this world, he maybe doesn’t know me,” I thought, staring blank to the ground. I looked at him again, “I-I’m sorry. Just forget about what happened just now,” I said and quickly walk to the other random direction.

“Wait…Lyn….!” Gongchan’s started his steps to after me.

I took a look to the back to see Gongchan were coming towards me but I was suddenly stopped by two hands were grabbing tight both of my shoulders from the front. I changed my view and found that it was actually Baro.

“Where were you just now?” Baro asked.

“E-err...I was…” I took a look to the back again. I saw Gongchan already stopped his steps as he saw me with Baro. I was not so sure but Gongchan’s facial expression seemed had changed. He left the place, walking to the opposite direction.

“Hmm? What are you looking at?” Baro looked to the same direction as mine.

“A-aniyo. Let’s go,” I gave him a light smile and both of us then left the place.

I had my very first lesson for the day. It was a new experience for me. I looked around and saw some of them were taking notes from the lecture. Never that I thought a pair of eyes were staring at me at that moment. It was Gongchan. He sat behind, at the right side of me. He was startled when I caught him staring at me. To cover it up, he quickly took a pen from his friend’s hand next to him and acted like he was taking some notes. That friend got irritated and asked him to give it back. I looked to the front again and giggled.

Then, I was brought to the college’s library. Baro left me there and he went out to settle his business. I didn’t really read books, so I just decided to walk around and open any random books there. As I walked from a bookshelf to another, I saw Gongchan was standing in a corner while reading a book. I didn’t know why but my legs won’t move. I kept looking at him until he found out that I was there, staring at him. I was startled and quickly turned around, “That was embarrassing…!”

“What are you doing?”

I turned around again and saw Gongchan was already there, behind me, “Since when you’re here? Just now you were there…” I said.

“And since when you started to stalk on me?” he asked.

“Nae?! I didn’t..!” I was shocked by his question.

“Shhh!” he put his index finger on his lips.

I lowered my tone, “I was just passing by,”

“Anyway, what makes you change?”

“What do you mean?”

“You talked to me today,” he said, looking at the other side.

“Huh? So, we haven’t talked to each other before?”

He looked at me with his weird look, “What is this? You intentionally forget about it or you have lost your memory?”

I was stunned as I heard he said about me losing my memory. “Err……” I couldn’t answer his question.

He stared at me for a moment. He then continued, “Yah, Lee Hye In..! I think it’s better like this,” he gave me a smile and left.

“Mwo? What’s that means?” I went blank. I was so curious about what we’ve talked just now. I wanted to chase him, but thinking that Baro would come to take me with him later, so I changed my mind.

 

 

Baro and I were having lunch together. I took a look at him, still couldn’t believe that I was spending time with someone who I really like. To think of it, a week had passed. So far, everything turned out well. Jinyoung did take a good care of me and so do Baro.

 

 

“This tastes good,” Baro said, after taking a sip of his drink.

“Oh, really…?” I said while eating the food.

“Wae..?”

“Hmm?” I looked at him.

“You have something to say?”

“What makes you think that?” I asked.

“You were staring at me,”

“I-I didn’t…” I blushed.

“I’m handsome right?” he then laughed.

“Mwoya…”

“Haha! Now, tell me. What was in your head? I know you have something to say,”

“Umm…well…I’ve been thinking, why didn’t you ask me anything? Don’t you find it weird that you have to accompany me these days? Don’t you feel that something is wrong with me? Jinyoung oppa didn’t tell you about what has happened?” I let out all of the questions that were playing in my mind.

His face looked serious for a sudden. “I know,” he gave a short answer.

“You know??”

“You see, you can’t avoid from noticing the change of someone who you’ve been together with for so long. I knew that you’re not the same Lyn anymore,”

I was hurting inside after hearing that from him. It seemed like he hated the fact that Lyn who he knew was already gone. He knew about it but he acted normal. I guess that he found it out when I first met him at the park and maybe Jinyoung have told him about that. I remained silent. I stared at the food and kept poking it with the spoon that I was holding.

“Hye In-ah…Don’t worry. I will always protect you no matter what. Even if I have to risk my own life for you,”

I changed my view to him. Again, I lost for words. "What is going on here?"

 

To be continued...