A New Start

Into Another World

I was sitting on the couch quietly, while watching the man’s doing. He went to the kitchen and came back to me with a glass of plain water.


“Here,” he gave me the glass.


I took it and had a sip.


He sat next to me, “Were you waiting for me?” he then took the glass from my hand and put it on the coffee table.


I was not sure what to tell him. But he looked like someone who I could trust the most at the moment.


“Why did you stay outside?” he asked again.


“I……I don’t know the password,” I answered without looking at him.


“Huh?” he then laughed. “Was the fever too bad?” he touched my forehead.


I was not used to this skinship yet. So, at some parts, he did make me felt awkward.


“You’re getting better. I’ll take you out tomorrow, okay?” he said and smiled.


I looked at him. “That smile…”.


He stood up and looked at me “I’ll come again on tomorrow’s morning,”


I grabbed his hand when he was about to leave. “Why did I do that?!” It happened without me noticing. “W-where are you going?” I asked. To tell the truth, I was still scared. After what was happening to me. The change, it did not make sense at all.  


“For now, just take a rest. I won’t go anywhere. No matter how far will I go, I’ll just come back here again, for you,” he said.

That look on his face, it was telling me like he really cared for me.


He left the place.


“Wait!” I saw the door was closed. I was curious about his name.


♥♥♥♥♥


I did not know at what time I fell asleep last night. I was thinking too much.The clock showed that it was 6.30 a.m. I woke up earlier than I usual did.


I walked around, observing every little thing in the apartment. “This Lyn girl is lucky. She is provided by so many things for herself,”.


Suddenly, I heard the sound of the door was opened. It was that wallet guy. He looked at me and gave me a smile, “You wake up early today,” he said while approaching me.


“Umm…Yeah…” I said, still being awkward.


He stared at me for quite some time. I suddenly remembered that I just woke up. And with my appearance, my messy hair…my puffy face…how could he stare at me like that without laughing?


“I know I look really messy right now…but..”


Before I could finish saying, he cut my words, “Do I look like I care about that? Say, why are you suddenly treating me like a stranger?"


I was speechless. I looked at him with a blank look.


"I know that there was something wrong with you. It was since yesterday. We will talk about it later. You can take your shower first. I'm going to make our breakfast," he said and walked to the kitchen.


I slowly walked to my room. "He could notice the difference. He must be really close to Lyn,"


After I took my shower, I went to the kitchen to see him serving our breakfast. We did not talk much and just ate. He sure did cook a lot. But I just ate as much as I can.


I stood by the window and looked outside. The morning view was beautiful. I was mesmerized by the nature’s beauty that I did not realize that the guy was standing next to me.


He was looking outside as well. I looked at him, “If I tell you this, don’t be surprised okay?”


“What is it?”


“I think I lost my memory,” I did not want to complicate things so I just told him that.


He stared at me while wrinkling his forehead, “Are you kidding me?”


“No I’m not. I can’t remember anything. I don’t even know your name and who you are. I’m so lost right now,”


“How could this happen?! How come?! No…no…you can’t. I have to do something,” he panicked, “Let’s go to the hospital now to check you up..!” he grabbed my hand, getting ready to drag me away.


I stopped him, “Andwae…!”


He widen his eyes to me, “So, you’re going to leave me now? Because you don’t know who I am?”


“Help me. I want you to help me,”


He let off my hand and sat on the couch. He stared down to the floor.


I was the one who was in trouble but it seemed like he suffered more than me.

I sat next to him, “help me to remember everything,”


He stood up and left without saying any words.


"He must be shocked,"


It was hard for me too. But I got to tell him. I could not live as the old Lyn anymore.
Time passed and I kept waiting for him. Meanwhile, I checked the phone. Since I knew that it was my phone, so I think it was fine for me to do so. There were no messages. It seemed like that Lyn had deleted all of them. I also found some pictures of me with Baro and also my pictures with that wallet guy.


I heard the sound of the door. It was him. He came back with a calmer look. I looked at him, feeling guilty although I did nothing to feel that way. He sat next to me on the couch.


"Where did you go? You worry me," I said.


"Just to the park,"


I bit my lower lip. "Erm......So.............are you going to help me?"


He looked at me, "I must!"


"Jongmal?! Gomawoyo....umm...by the way, what should I call you?"


He was still looking at me, "Oh yeah, I forgot that you lost your memory. My name is Jeong Jinyoung. But you usually called me oppa. I'm 4 years older than you,"


"Ah...geurae.."


"When you were 3 years old, I found you were crying outside of my house. You were left alone there. I took you to stay in my house without my parents knowing about it. They were rarely at home though so it's kinda difficult to notice you in that house. Few days passed, I still got no news about someone searching for a missing child. But  I already considered you as a part of a family though,"


#Flashback#


"What's your name?" asked Jinyoung.


"Lee Hye In"


Jinyoung looked at the girl's sad face, "Lee Hye In? Hmm, from now on, I'll call you Lyn, okay? It's easier for me to call you that,"


Lyn just remained silent.


"And my name is Jeong Jinyoung. I'm older than you, so you must call me oppa. You're not going to be alone anymore, I'm here with you. Cheer up! We're going to play together okay?"


#End of flashback#


Jinyoung continued his story, "I always spent my times with you. Day by day, we were getting closer and closer until I started to love you even more. You make me happy just with you being next to me. When I was 18, I got a house as a birthday present. It was meant for me to live in that house in the future. It was actually this apartment. I gave it to you because I was afraid that my parents will know about your existence in that house. So, we lived separately but I always came to this apartment to see you. Easy to say that I'm the one who supported your living all this long,"


I stared at him for quite some time, "I may be direct, but I just wanted to know. Are you my boyfriend or something?" I bravely asked.


He stared at me. He then changed his view down to the floor and smiled, "I wish I can,"


"Huh?" I looked at him, "I don't understand this,"


"We made a promise before. I won't forbid you from liking someone. I just wanted you to stay here, being there for me,"


"Seriously, I don't understand this guy," I thought. "What about you? Don't you like someone?"


"Having you here is more than enough for me,"


I got quite a shock, "Why are you doing this? You rather looked at me with someone else although I don't have feelings for you?"


"Well, you can say that," he said.


"I don't know why you're willing to do this,"


He smiled, "Anyway, do you know that you're studying in a college?"


"M-m-mwo-rago? I'm studying in a college? M-me??" I stuttered.


"Oh," he nodded.


"Jongmalyo?" I was shocked but deep inside me, I felt really happy. A happiness that I had never thought to experience before.


"You usually went there by bus. Since you have forgotten everything, I will send you there, okay?"


"Nae!"


                    ♥♥♥♥♥


Jinyoung dropped me off in front of the college's entrance.


“You’re gonna be okay with him. He’s one of the persons who I trust the most,” Jinyoung said from inside the car.


“Him? Who..?” as I turned around, I saw Baro was walking towards me.


“Lyn!” Baro greeted me.


“Well, I better get going now. See you later,” Jinyoung said.


“O-oppa!” I watched Jinyoung’s car left the place. “He didn’t said anything about Baro,” I thought.


“I wonder what’s going on. Lyn, you better thank me because I had to skip today’s classes just to be with you,” Baro said.


“Jinyoung oppa didn’t tell him about it?”


“But as long as it is you, I’m willing to do so,” he smiled.


I got nervous. I felt like he could hear my heart beats. Since just now, I had said nothing to him. I just couldn’t. Hearing him to say something like that to me was like a dream.


“Let’s go,” he held my hand and we started to walk into the college.


My face turned red. I couldn’t face him even if I wanted to. Other than that, I was so excited. That was my first time, getting into a college.


“Lyn, can you wait here for a while? I’m going to the toilet,” Baro said.


I nodded. Few seconds had passed by. My eyes were looking around the area until they captured a familiar figure.

 


“Eh..?! Isn’t that Gongchan?!” I couldn’t think of anything else that I automatically called out his name and ran towards him, “Gongchan-ah..! Yah! Chan-ah!!”


Gongchan turned around as he heard someone called him. A startled look was shown on his face.

 

To be continued...