Boredom

Otokke! I Fell For My Best Friend.. ♥

You were in your room, lying lazily on your bed. Your head hung down the side and you stared at the upside-down desk in front of you. Saturday was beginning to bore you and you hated boredom. Your eyes looked around until it landed on your sparkly phone resting on the nightstand. You desperately reached for it and grabbed it, dialing a number.

 

"Yoboseyo?", a sleepy voice answered on the other line. You heard a yawn following after that. You giggled. "Sorry Byunghun oppa, did I wake you up?" He knew the one person who would still call him that. He immediately shot up from his bed. "Of course not! I was just about to wake up anyway. What do you need?"

 

"I'm so BORED! Come over and hang out with meeeee!", you pleaded. L.Joe laughed at the growl in your voice and got out of bed. "Arasso, I'll be over soon." He waited until you hung up and he dropped his phone on his bed. He walked over to his closet as he exhaled another yawn. His hair was in a tousled mess and he had a habit of ruffling it to fix it. He flipped his hair and accidentally popped his neck. "Ow!", he muttered as he placed a hand on it.

--

Despite the morning, your mouth was stuffed with an ice cream cone. You heard the doorbell ring and you opened it. L.Joe greeted you with a wave and entered but he raised a brow at your ice cream. "Umm, ice cream at 8 in the morning?" You nodded and held it towards him. "Want a ?" He bit his lip and shrugged. "Sure." He took a bigger than you thought ( well... it wasn't exactly a ''... ) and you pouted. He laughed and took a bite of the cone. You jabbed your finger at his forehead and smiled at his grimace.

 

"So what do you want to do today, oppa?"

 

"Umm, there's this amusement park downtown. You wanna go?"

 

Your eyes lit up. "Yay! I'd die to go!"

 

L.Joe smiled at your childish instincts. He sighed and waited for you to get your shoes on.

 

You two arrived at the amusement park and you couldn't wait to hop on a roller coaster and scream your face off. L.Joe purchased the tickets while you waited under a shady umbrella. Not far from you were Hyuna and Gikwang. Hyuna caught sight of you and dashed up to give you a full bear hug. "Dongsaeng-ah!", her voice sounded through your ears as you attempted to keep balance. You smiled at Hyuna. "Hi unnie. On a date with the new boy, I see", you teased, flashing her a wink. She shook her head. "We just happened to run into each other here."

 

"Yeah, we're just friends", Gikwang added. "So who you with?"

 

L.Joe appeared with the tickets and handed half of them to you. "Here you go~" Hyuna silently swallowed the lump in when she saw you and L.Joe smiling at each other. Gikwang glanced at Hyuna and noticed that she was staring at the two of you. He felt awkward and decided to take a leave. "Bye Gikwang-sshi", you waved. He waved back before departing. You looked at Hyuna. "Wanna join us, unnie?", you offered. She shook her head and kept a fake smile on her face. "I'm good. I gotta go take a dump", she walked away without another word. She could feel the tears start to brim her eyes. She barged into the girls' bathroom and hogged a stall.

 

Hyuna leaned against the door and let the tears pour down from her eyes.

 

You were wondering what was up with your best friend. You were too distracted with concerns for Hyuna that you didn't hear L.Joe call your name. "JiJi!", the boy called once more as he waved in front of your face. You snapped back to reality and turned to him. "Neh?"

 

"You comin?"

 

You smiled and nodded. L.Joe offered his arm and you linked yours through it as you walked to your first ride.