Just a friend...

Otokke! I Fell For My Best Friend.. ♥

Hyuna was in a separate class from you and Teen Top. She was sitting at her desk staring off into space as she tapped her desk with her pencil. L.Joe was on her mind again. She couldn't help it. Her thoughts were interrupted by the loud clacking of the teacher's white boots. An unfamiliar boy followed after her but he looked like a student. Hyuna found him quite attractive, almost as cute as L.Joe.

 

"Students, please welcome Lee Gikwang to our class. Treat him well."

 

Gikwang sat down in an empty seat next to Hyuna, which the teacher assigned to him. He shyly looked up and flashed a small smile at Hyuna, who smiled back at him. "Annyonghaeseyo, Hyuna-imnida", she greeted as she held out her hand. The timorous boy shook it. "Nice to meet you, Hyuna." It was silence afterwards but she was determined to get to know the boy and to earn a best guy friend.

--

You heard the bell and dashed out the door. L.Joe stared at you in disappointment. He jumped when Ricky plopped his hand on his shoulder. "Still love the girl from afar, eh?", the younger one teased. The blonde boy glared at him but sighed, knowing it was the truth. "Y-yeah.."

 

"Talk to her then!", ChunJi's voice chimed in. "I already am, you twit", the boy said as he smacked ChunJi's head. He rubbed the pained spot and pouted. "Then tell her you love her", Niel suggested as he nudged L.Joe's side. L.Joe smacked him in the head too.

 

By lunchtime, you were the first of your friends to arrive at the cafeteria. You looked around for Hyuna and Teen Top but found no sign yet. Gikwang was also looking for Hyuna and spotted you leaning against a wall. "Excuse me, have you seen Hyuna?", he asked you. You looked up at him and looked him in the face. "No.. I'm looking for her. Who are you? I haven't seen you around before."

 

"Ah, I'm new here. My name is Gikwang."

 

You smiled at him. "Hi, I'm JiEun."

 

"Ah, Hyuna's midget friend?"

 

You scrunched your nose in offense at his statement. He bowed apologetically. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way." He redundantly bowed, causing you to laugh. You loosely placed your hand around his wrist. "It's fine. I get it alot." Your smile made Gikwang blush and he felt a warm feeling spread throughout his body. You spotted Hyuna and Teen Top walking in and you let released Gikwang's wrist. "There you slowpokes are!", you shouted as L.Joe picked you up like a little kid and spun around. You giggled as L.Joe hugged you, unaware of Hyuna's silent stare. 'Aigoo.. I want him to pick me up like that..'

 

Gikwang awkwardly watched until Hyuna noticed him. She attempted to light up. "Gikwang-sshi!", she called out. He looked up and waved at her. "Hey Hyuna-sshi."

 

"Hey JiEun, let's go to the vending machines! I'm starving!", Niel shouted as he grabbed your hand and dragged you with him. You watched as the boy drooled over every snack displayed. Some 'fangirls' giggled and squealed, despite Niel's childish behavior. "Just hurry and get something before the floor gets slippery", you joked, trying not to laugh. Gikwang and Hyuna entered the area. They didn't notice you and Niel through the huge crowd of starving teenagers. However, Gikwang saw you and couldn't resist his eyes on you. 'Ah, that girl is very intriguing..' He unintentionally abandoned Hyuna and walked over to you but you didn't notice him. You and Niel were playfully fighting over a snack and you accidentally gave Gikwang's cheek a whack with your hand. He held on to his cheek as he groaned in pain.

 

You felt guilty and inspected him with a worried look. "Yah, mianhae Gikwang-sshi!", you apologized as you took his hand off his reddened cheek. You gently touched it and made him wince.

 

"Man, that's gotta hurt", Niel commented as he stuffed his mouth with the snack. You turned towards him and held your hand up. "You wanna know?" Niel pretended to be distracted by something through the glass window. "Ooh, a butterfly! Hey butterfly, wait up!", he walked away from you.

 

You sighed and touched Gikwang's cheek again but he winced and covered it with his hand. "Stop touching it, it hurts..", he pouted. "Aigoo, mianhae", you bowed and continued to tamper with his stinging cheek. L.Joe was wondering what was taking so long so he got up and walked to vending machines. He froze when he saw you touching the new boy. A stinging pang of envy pierced through his heart and he swallowed the lump in his throat. 'That in....'

 

"Maybe you should a nurse for an ice pack", you suggested after making Gikwang wince everytime your cold hand touched his cheek. He nodded and walked out. "I'M SORRY!", you couldn't resist to shout after him. He turned around and smiled. "IT'S OKAY."

 

You saw L.Joe and he put on a fake smile and straightened up. Your eyes lit up and you skipped over to him. "Ah, sorry to keep you waiting!" Your smile altered his fake smile into a real one. He slung his arm around your shoulder and you guys returned to your table. "Eh, it's cool. I was worried you were getting mauled or something."

 

"Ah, you're such a great friend for worrying about me~", you teased as you poked his chest. It wasn't the first time you unconsciously stabbed his heart more than once a day. He sighed and stared at you while you were eating. 'A friend.. just a friend.. a best friend.... I want to be more than just your "friend". I hope you can see that, JiEun-ah.'