L.Joe's Affection

Otokke! I Fell For My Best Friend.. ♥

"YO JIEUN!"

 

You turned around to see Niel, one of the Teen Top groupies, waving at you with a goofy grin on his face. Your lips curled into a smile and you waved back. "ANNYONG NIEL-SSHI!", you shouted back. "DROP THE FORMALTIES, MY DEAR", he teased as he exited the cafeteria, causing you to giggle. Hyuna chuckled and laid a hand your thigh. "You must be close to Teen Top, eh?" It didn't really hit you but you just shrugged. "Eh, I know lots of peeps that I'm close with. Not just the school's hottest guys."

 

A pair of hands covered your eyes, creating darkness to your vision. "Guess who~", a familiar husky voice rang through yours ears. A smirk appeared on your face as you tapped your chin, pretending to think. "Hmm.. is it... Byunghun?" He blushed when his real name escaped from your lips. He hated the name but he didn't mind you calling him that at all. He released his hands and sat down next to you. You greeted him with a hug around his waist. "Good morning, Byunghun oppa~" The smile on his face made Hyuna's heart fill with envy. Although she did love him, she didn't want to risk her friendship with you. She impatiently tapped her foot, waiting for you two to let go. You pulled your arms away and stood up. "I'm hungry~ I'm gonna go to the vending machines", she announced as she walked away. "Let me go with you, Jieun!", L.Joe shouted as he followed after you. Even after a while, you were still were clueless about his feelings for you. Hyuna sighed and looked at the ground. The guy she loves is in love with her best friend.

 

You stared at the vending machine, unable to make up your mind about what you want. L.Joe usually becomes impatient when his friends make him stand there for ten minutes to watch them mindlessly glance at the machine but he was totally patient and couldn't wipe the smile off his face. "What should I get..?", you mumbled to yourself as you took a step closer to the vending machine. 'Aigoo, she's so adorable...', he thought to himself, unable to resist his grin. "Ah L.Joe, what do you want?", you finally asked. He shrugged. "Anything is fine with me." Though he secretly hoped that you would get the Kimchi flavored chips. A tiny smirk appeared on your face and you inserted your money into the machine. You pressed the buttons and just as he hoped, a bag of Kimchi chips fell down the row. You reached in the compartment, pulled it out, and handed it to him. "Here you go, oppa!~" He accepted it and thanked you. You reached inside your pocket and realized you don't have any more money left. "Aish, I don't have anything for myself..." She pouted and walked out. L.Joe caught up with you and held the chips out. "Then here, you can have it." You felt a bit guilty but an idea popped into your head. "Let's share it then!~"

 

L.Joe's heart mentally exploded out of his chest, causing his cheeks to turn red. "Uh, s-sure." Your hands pulled the top of the bag apart and you held it out in front of him. He took a chip and stuffed it in his mouth. You returned to your seats and shared the rest of the goody as Hyuna watched from afar.

 

The bell rang, signalling that it's time to head to homeroom. You your fingers and tossed the empty bag into the trash. L.Joe did the same with his fingers and turned towards you. You looked up at him and burst out laughing, puzzling the boy. He touched his face for blemishes or stains but didn't feel any. Or at least, he didn't think so. "How do you get stains on your chin from potato chips?!", you teased as you took out a wet cloth and wiped the faint tint of red kimchi flakes off L.Joe's mouth. He blushed in embarrassment and scratched the back of his neck.

 

Since you both shared the same homeroom, you and L.Joe walked down the same hall. You stopped at your locker, causing him to freeze in his tracks and stand by your side. He watched you dial your locker combination. You took some books out and shut your locker. The various weights of the books almost caused you to tip over but L.Joe caught you by your elbow. "Yah, thanks Oppa."

 

"Need a little help there?", he chuckled as he reached out for half of your books.

 

"YO JIEUNNIE!", ChunJi hollered from down the hall. His booming voice startled you, causing you to drop your things. You pouted and started picking up your things. L.Joe helped you but not without shooting the young boy a glare. ChunJi looked away and pretended to be fascinated by something else. You stood up after everything has been swept up. L.Joe still had part of your things but he walked away anyway. You followed after him. "Yah Oppa, I can handle it."

 

"Don't worry, I got it."

 

You made it to your homeroom and you dropped your things on your desk. L.Joe topped the stack with the rest of your things. "Thanks Byunghun oppa", you flashed a smile at him. His heart melted and he nodded. "Sure thing, dongsaeng-ah." He joined his friends in the conversation. You sighed and tilted your head as you stared at L.Joe's back. 'Oppa, why are you so nice to me?'