Chapter 8

Love Me Again

Previously….

The flight back to Seoul was smooth.  Somin was quiet the whole time and  Min Yun was already getting worried!  The couple didn’t say a word since she refused to talk about the issue.  Finally, they dropped her off at her house. They bid their good byes and Somin dragged herself and her luggage to the gate. She presses the doorbell…

“Somin!” A voice came out of nowhere… she turned to see Hyun Joong parking his car on the street.

She suddenly flipped the bird and walked inside the gate.

******************************************************************************

Hyun Joong ran to the gate and yelled, “SOMIN, PLEASE OPEN THIS GATE AND HEAR ME OUT!” He rams the gate…“Somin, please??” He begged with a tone of longing. “I just want to talk to you! Please?” He pleaded.

“GO AWAY! I DON’T EVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!” Somin yelled back leaning to a post beside the gate. She slowly slid herself down to the ground and sobbed. Hyun Joong can hear her sobs and it pained him that he’s the reason of it all. He was persistent… he pressed his cheeks to the gate and tried to talk her out….

“I know you can hear me.... I wanted to say sorry! I have so many things to tell you….  And I want to tell you face to face…  please open this gate.” his voice started cracking.

“Hyun Joong… please leave… I’ve heard enough!”

“Aren’t you going to give me a chance to explain at least? I’m begging you to let me in!”

“No need…. Hyun Joong you’re a married man and there’s no point for any explanation!”

Apparently Somin heard Min Yun and Yi Jung’s conversation the night before. They weren’t aware she was sitting by the balcony while having a conversation…

“What? How did you know?” Baffled.

 “Let’s just stop right here okay? I’m begging you to please leave me alone now… Please Hyun Joong!”

A honk of a car startled them both.  Hyun Joong turned around to see who it was and the newlyweds came back. Both shock to see him, they got off the car quickly…

“What are you doing here?” both said in unison.

“What are you TWO doing here?” Hyun Joong asked.

“Somin left her phone in the car and it kept on ringing so we brought it back.” Yi Jung responded while Min Yun pressed the doorbell.

Min Ah appeared on the screen and asked “Unnie! Where’s Noona? I was waiting for her to come in…”  Looking confused.

“She’s out here… just open the gate please?”

“Is everything okay?” Min Ah added.

“Let’s hope so!” Min Yun responded.

As soon as she heard the gate buzzed to open, Min Yun pushed the door and found Somin sitting on the ground, weeping and disconcerted.  She knelt and hugged her. The two guys followed inside….

“Somin… I’m so sorry!” She helped her to get up and hugged her again. “Are you okay?”

“I’d be lying if I tell you I am…”  Somin responded and tears flowing down.

Hyun Joong stepped in, grabbed her arm, pulled her towards him and hugged her…

“Oh Somin….” He inhaled while burying his nose through her hair… “I’m soooo sorry… so sorry!” He whispered to her ears. “I hate to think that I can’t be with you…”  Somin didn’t move… she just took him in, feeling his comforting touch and savoring every bit of it…

Both Min Yun and Yi Jung was stunned with his reaction and looked at each other in disbelief..  They’ve never seen Hyun Joong being affectionate to anyone not even to Shin Hye.  He’s always been the cold one… Moments later, everyone got startled when Min Ah came out of the house and wondered what was happening.

“Unnie! What’s going on here?” She was shock to see Hyun Joong embracing her sister.

Somin wiped her tears and pulled away from Hyun Joong.  She looked at him deeply – eye to eye.

“We’re done here! Show’s over… I’m begging you to please leave me alone.”

Min Ah couldn’t stop her curiosity and asked… “What was that all about?”

“Min Ah, can you please go back inside the house?” Somin said in her stern voice.

 “Why?”  She asked.

“STOP ASKING QUESTIONS AND JUST GET INSIDE THE HOUSE… NOW!” Somin yelled.

The couple dragged Min Ah inside the house and left the two alone.

“Somin, I don’t want to leave until you hear me out!” Hyun Joong pleaded.

“Hear what? That you care about me? That you love me? Cross the ocean for me? Why don’t you go and pick the damn stars and moon while you’re at it!” She responded sarcastically.

He shot back, “I know its stupid but you know I would!”

“Then what? We live happily ever after?  We can’t change the fact that you’re married!”

Hyun Joong was quiet… He couldn’t find words to assure her.

“See…. that’s exactly what I mean……..  You can’t even find the words to say it… so stop it!  What you’re doing now makes it so much harder for me to stay away from you. But Hyun Joong, assuring me with your feelings is not going to help us both!  We’re in a ed up situation here… please don’t make it more difficult…”

Somin walked away and went inside the house.

~

“You better be glad mom and dad aren’t home!” Min Ah yelled out as soon as she Somin entered the house.  She ignored her sister and flopped herself in the couch.

Min Yun sat beside her… “Somin… I’ve never seen Hyun Joong like that with anyone… not even with Shin…” 

Somin cut her off…. “Please…. Enough already… I’m sooo tired of all this!”

“Sorry… Just saying…” Min Yun added.

“Honey, please… Somin had enough….let’s go!” Yi Jung stood up and headed to the door.

“Okay, we’re leaving… Call me anytime if you need someone to talk to…. k?”

Somin just nodded.

“Noona, do you want a hug?” Min Ah asked feeling sorry for her sister despite not knowing the cause of her misery.

“Yes…. Come here you little bugger!” Somin hugged her sister real tight!

“Are you better now?”  Min Ah asked.

“Uhmm… maybe…” Somin responded.

“Since I made you feel a little bit better…. are you going to tell me what happened out there?” Very determined.

“DEFINITELY NOT MIN AH!” Somin pulled away…

“Why not?”

“Because it’s none of your business you nosy little brat!”

“Then I’m going to tell mom I saw you were hugging Hyun Joong!“

Somin hit her sister’s , “Stop it! I’m not in the mood to play games with you Min Ah.” Then she started crying…

“I’m sorry Noona!”  Then she hugged Somin again… “I didn’t mean to upset you! My god, you’re too sensitive today!”

~

After leaving Somin’s house, Yi Jung invited Hyun Joong to join them for dinner at their place.  He knew he needed some time to release his emotions.  He sat on the dining table, quiet and totally zoned out, focusing on the vase situated in the middle of the table.  The couple was busy preparing for food. Suddenly, Min Yun stopped, crossed her arms across her chest and studied him.

“Wow, he looks like a lost puppy!” She rolled her eyes. “Seriously I’m going to vomit!”

“Honey, leave the man alone!”

Min Yun snapped her fingers in front of Hyun Joong’s face. “Wake up to reality and smell the food! Dinner will be served and you have some explaining to do!”

Hyun Joong didn’t even budge.   Yi Jung put a bottle of soju in front of him and he snapped out of reverie!

"Just what I exactly needed! Thank you!"

"He's totally out of it!" Min Yun added.

“Sorry guys… I’m so ed up right now!” then Hyun Joong shot a soju.

“What are you plans bro?” Yi Jung asked.

“I honestly don’t know!” Hyun Joong responded. Confused.

“You are one ed up Hyun Joong!” Min Yun yelled out. “How could you be so stupid to do this to Somin!  Didn’t we warn you many times?

“Honey! Relax…. Can we talk about this in a courteous manner?”

“Dude, its okay… Min Yun is right! I’m a total jerk and I regret everything I did to Somin!  But its not my fault that I fell for her.”

“What about Shin Hye?  You’ve been hurting her all this time! Don’t you feel sorry for her at least?”

“Do I look like I care about her? Your best friend did this to herself!  I never loved her and never will. You all don’t know what went down last year…” He shot another soju. “Were you aware that my father’s company was falling apart last year? I’m sure not! Your smart best friend took advantage of the situation. She asked her father to make a business proposal with my dad. That ing proposal has my name all over the paper… and marrying her was one of them… Dad being desperate, of course he signed the damn paper… I wouldn’t be having this problem if he didn’t… So what choice do I have?” Hyun Joong narrated. "Now tell me, should I feel sorry for her?"

The couple was speechless for his revelation.

~

Back at Kim’s Residence, its past midnight…. Shin Hye was standing by the porch holding her phone dialing Hyun Joong’s number.  The busy signal made her press the re-dial button more than ten times.  Getting frustrated, she threw her phone to the ground.

“I think he’s seeing someone new again!  If I ever find out who she is… she better hide coz’ I’m going to make her life a living hell! Arghh. Hyun Joong where the hell are you?”

 

... to be continued