Chapter 7

Love Me Again

Previously….

Back in Seoul, Hyun Joong arrived at his parents’ house. As soon as he turned his phone on he saw Yi Jung’s text messages.

2007-07-21 11:26 AM
Where the hell are you and why did you leave?

2007-07-21 11:32 AM
What did you do to Somin? Min Yun is freaking out right now.

2007-07-21 11:49 AM
You have a lot of explaining to do! Call me ASAP!

2007-07-21 11:57 AM
YOU ARE SO DEAD YOU ING !

******************************************************************************

“…and so it begins… yes… my life!” Hyun Joong sigh then texted back…

2007-07-21 3:51 PM
I headed home. I guess you didn’t get my note I left at the front desk. I will call you later!

He hit the send button. Then his phone beeped a minute after.

2007-07-21 3:52 PM
We really need to talk right now!

2007-07-21 3:54 PM
I will call you. Shin Hye flew in from L.A.

2007-07-21 3:52 PM
WHAT? What about Somin? I REALLY need to talk to you call me ASAP!

Hyun Joong did’nt reply.  While waiting Yi Jung decided to visit the front desk and asked if there’s a note for him.  The staff handed a piece of paper imprinted his name on the envelope.

“Why didn’t you inform me about this note?” Yi Jung asked.

“We actually did sir, we spoke to your wife about this earlier.  She was supposed to come and pick it up but she must have forgotten all about it.” The staff replied.

“A follow up phone call would have been nice!?!” He responded, a little irritated.

“Our apologies Mr. Kim!”

He opened Hyun Joong’s note and read it…

YJ,

Shin Hye flew in this morning, I’m heading home. I will call you when I get there.

HJ

Shin Hye? What the now? Yi Jung thought to himself.  Then he got startled when Min Yun approached him.

“What’s that hun?”

“Hyun Joong’s note!” He sigh.

“Oh yah.. I forgot all about this!” She grabbed the note and read it!.  “What? Shin Hye’s here? What now?”

“That’s exactly what I said!” Exasperated.

“Its going to be another drama if she ever finds out! This is giving me a headache already!”

“Come on, let’s go upstairs; I don’t want anyone hearing our conversation about this.”

The couple headed up and as soon as the bedroom door closes, they started talking.

“We both know Hyun Joong never liked Shin Hye from the very beginning!  Your best friend set him up.”

“Okay wait, you’re feeling sorry for Hyun Joong?”

“Hun, he’s my cousin for crying out loud, I feel for the guy!  We both know Shin Hye dragged him to bed drunk and got her parents involve so she can have him. Plus, what do you expect for a shot gun marriage? A perfect relationship? You know he’s been sleeping around with a lot of women just to get her off his back for a year now…  It just that Shin Hye won’t give him up!  What boggles me is that he got Somin involve too!  What was he thinking?”

“Whatever you say, he’s still an ! And no one needs to know about his marriage to Shin Hye… especially Somin!  Besides, the family had kept it a secret for a year….”

“It was a stupid and selfish agreement out of her insecurity.  Look what she got herself into… Hyun Joong’s been rebelling since they got married!”

“Please! Let’s not talk about Shin Hye, she’s my bestfriend!”

“Just trying ot make a point! Would you marry me if I didn’t love you?” Yi Jung asked.

“Definitely not! I want to live my life with someone who can respect and love me for what and who I am!”

“Precisely…  and honey, I love you with all my heart!” Yi Jung added sweetly.

“Aawwww… honey! I love you too!” She ran to her husband then gave him a hug and a kiss… “I just can’t imagine… our family getting invlove with yours and the Parks.. this is going to be chaos!” Min Yun released a big sigh.

“I know… I’m already getting nervous about this. We need to tell Somin… She needs to know the truth!  We will have to tell her.” Yi Jung added.

“For what? She doesn’t need to know his business!  Her fling with Somin is just a one night stand, nothing else! Plus, I don’t want to add more on her plate.  It will be too painful to see her in distress again.”

“But you know what’s funny? I’ve never seen Hyun Joong so persistent with someone!  I was constantly reminding him to stay away from her yet he never stopped! He talked about Somin since he got here. He would litterally mention her name to me…” he smirked. “I caught him staring at her a lot of times and smiles like an idiot after! Did you noticed he’s been chasing her around and teasing her too? I think he likes her.”

“Please…. He’s probably flirting with her just to get her to sleep with him.” Min Yun brushed him off.

“Come to think of it… I really think he doeslikes her...  You know damn well Hyun Joong doesn’t need to play games like that when he wants someone ually. Just one look and girls would drop their for him.”

“Oh God… a total manwhore indeed! Well, our mission right now is to convince Somin to stay away from him! You know it will be better for her.”

“I’m trying to understand both sides here… Hyun Joong might be falling for Somin…”

“Then what? What are you gonna do about it?  He’s married to Shin Hye! You can’t fix his problems for him.”

Suddenly, Yi Jung’s phone rang.

“Hyun Joong!”

“Hey…” Sounding really down.

“What the hell happened?”

“I’m not really in the mood to talk about any of it! Can we meet up tomorrow night when you get back?”

“No.. We need to talk about this NOW…. I’m more interested to hear your explaination about Somin! What the were you thinking?”

“Even if I tell you won’t believe me so what’s the point?”

“Then let me hear you out!” Yi Jung pleaded.

“Meet me at The Timber House tomorrow night…”

“What time?”

“Nine-ish?”

“Okay see you then!”

~

It’s late in the evening and Somin started packing her clothes. The minute she grabbed her book a piece of paper dropped to the floor. She handpicked it and read the note.

My Somin, I hate leaving you this way but I need to head back home. We really need to talk when you get back to Seoul. I have so much to tell you and I promise to tell you everything!  Promise me not to tell Min Yun and Yi Jung about us… Call me 02-323-1085 -KHJ”

She crumpled the paper in her hand and tosses it the garbage then continued packing. She thought to herself. “My Somin?? Just because we ed you own me now? ! Why does he even care if those two find out? Well too late, I already knew about you and Shin Hye!” Her tears started falling. “…and why does it hurt to even mention her name?”

It was almost 3 in the morning and Somin couldn’t sleep.   Two more hours and they had to leave the resort to catch the 8:30am flight back to Seoul. She decided to get up, take a shower and got herself ready.  She prepared her luggage and sat outside the balcony.  She suddenly fell asleep.

Hyori tapped her shoulders and woke her up. “Somin, we’re leaving in a few…. Why are you here?

“Oh, I woke up really early and got ready…”

“Major dark circles!” Hyori shot back and laughed but Somin gave her a frown.

“What’s wrong baby girl? Are you okay?”

“I’m okay…”

“You’re not okay… its all over your face! You better snapped out of that depression if you don’t want to look ugly!” She laughed again.

“Unnie…. Stop it!” She smiled a little.

“Come on! Stop mopping… let’s go!” ? Hyori pulled her up and they headed to the lobby.

~

The flight back to Seoul was smooth.  Somin was quiet the whole time and  Min Yun was already getting worried!  The couple didn’t say a word since she refused to talk about the issue.  Finally, they dropped her off at her house. They bid their good byes and Somin dragged herself and her luggage to the gate and press the door bell…

“Somin!” A voice came out of nowhere… she turned to see Hyun Joong parking his car on the street.

She suddenly flipped the bird and walked inside the gate.

 

 

... to be continued

******************************************************************************

Dear readers,

I was nervous about this chapter.... I wasn't too sure where to start as I have so many ideas in mind. I was all over the place since Thursday... but I'm back to my senses now... I hope you enjoy them...  Your comments  and suggestions is much appreaciated.

Much love,

Memskiroo