Chapter 5

Love Me Again

Somin feels heaven being alone in the room. She decided to move to the balcony to enjoy the Pacific Ocean view. She sat on a nice big comfy chair took her book and started reading.  She heard a familiar voice on the other side of the balcony. She stood up to peek and saw Hyun Joong talking on the phone…

“…is she eating at all?  My poor baby… I know… I just think she misses daddy… Yeah… Okay, I’ll call you soon…. Take care okay? Bye!”

“What? Hyun Joong has a daughter?” Somin’s eyes widen in disbelief! Then suddenly, she dropped her book and hit her foot...

"Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ooouucccchhhh!!!" Somin yelled.

Hyun Joong stuck his head to see the other balcony and saw Somin, holding her toes while hopping in pain.

"SOMIN? Is that you?" He asked.

"Hi!" She lifted her hand and waived at him.

"What happened?"

"I dropped my book and I hit my toes." She explained.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine!"

"Let me take a look at it. Meet me at the door."

"No... Don't worry, I'm okay!"

"No you're not! That book looks very thick and heavy." He pointed at the book.

Somin stood up and walked around a little.... "See!?! I'm fine!"

Hyun Joong disappeard from the balcony.  Minutes later he appeared in front of her carrying an ice in a bucket and a small towel.  He then lifted her up and sat her on the big comfy couch, checked her toes and saw her right pinky turned a little purple. He quickly put some ice on the towel and  placed it on Somin's toe.

"Let’s hope its not broken.”

“Wait… How did you get in here?” Somin was confused.

“All our rooms are connected! You know… easy access for the couples…” He smirked.

“Oh… I see…. uummm… Thank you!”

“No worries! How you feeling though? Does it hurt still?”

“I’m okay now… The pain went away…” Somin took the patch of ice, stood up and walked around. “See…”

Hyun Joong just smiled, observing Somin in amazement.

“What?” Somin asked, looking confused.

“Huh?” Hyun Joong snapped. “Oh nothing…” He quickly looked away… “So what are your plans today? Why are you here all alone anyway?” He asked while sitting down in one of the chairs.

“I just wanted to take a nap and relax… I ‘ve been stressed out this past week… The wedding… school… I’m preparing for university and its been crazy!” She said flatly.

“University? Where to?”

“New york… Columbia University.”

“Wow… East coast… What are you taking?”

Somin sat down on the same chair and let a big sigh. “To be honest, I really don’t know… I’ve been contemplating between Business and Teaching… My dad seems to expect me to take business… I don’t know… I honestly love kids so much that I think I’ll be successful in teaching. I just don’t know how to tell my parents about it.” Hyun Joong was just listening to her intently. “I’ve been stressing about this lately…” She looked at Hyun Joong… “I hope I’m not boring you or anything.” She frowned.

“No, not at all!” He smiled back. “In fact, I like it that you’re getting comfortable with me… I like seeing you happy… You know, if you know you’re going to be successful as teacher… then go for it!  I’m sure your parents will understand.  I had the same problem with my parents before… but its always been my dream to become a doctor… ”

“So how did you do it?”

“I just told them that’s what I exactly want!”

“I wish its that easy….”

“Trust me, it will be easier if you let it all out…” He smiled.

“Uuumm… can I ask you something?” Somin ask.

“What is it?” He responded.

“You see…” Their conversation got interrupted when her phone rings. “Oh wait, let me get that.”

“Go ahead!”

Somin went to get her phone in her purse. It was Min Yun checking up on her and had asked her to come down to the Cabana. Minutes after chatting, she went back to see Hyun Joong at the balcony.

“It was Min Yun, she wanted us to head down to the Cabana… apparently, she booked it for us… champagne and all that…” Sigh. “Drinking is not really my forte!”

“Sooo… did you want to hang out at the Cabana then?”

“Yeah… I guess… argh…  its always the Cabana…”

“Well its really nice out there… don’t you like it?” Hyun Joong asked.

She rolled her eyes.  “Well my dad is also a member… so we come here every now and then…”

“Wow… so this place isn’t new to you huh?”

“Not really… but I love it here! The ocean view gives me inner peace… let’s go then?” Somin added.

“Sure!”

While heading to the Cabana Somin was in deep thought…

Crap! That was my chance to ask him… Ggrrrr… Min Yun’s fault! He must have knocked somebody up… Sigh. Why do I always fall for the bad boys… players… s…? I wonder if he is really an … I have to remind myself that he’s no good for me… plus mom doesn’t even approve of him… This is just great Somin…  Hold it in… He’s just being nice to you… don’t put any meaning to anything that he does… God! Why is it so hard to ignore this beautiful man? I’m soooo dead!”

“What are you thinking?” Hyung Joong asked.

She snapped out of her thoughts and said, “YOU!!!”

“Say what?” a ghost of smile appeared in Hyun Joong’s lips.

Then she covered …” no! I mean, you okay?”

“I hope you are??” Then he smirked at her.

The two headed to the Cabana and joined the rest of the group; everyone seems to enjoy the ambiance. Its right next to the big emerald pool, surrounded with palm trees and s lot exotic plants. When Min Yun saw both Hyun Joong and Somin together, she grinned at her… But Somin gave her a cut eye…

“Didn’t you hate him this morning?” Min Yun teased as she whispered.

“Shut up!” Somin responded. Annoyed.

“Well I’m glad you two warmed up…”

“Whatever!”

“Let’s drink to that!”  Then Min Yun handed Somin a glass of Champagne. “Guys, we have champagne for everyone!” Min Yun yelled out.

Somin chugged her champagne and sat on one of the sun beds… The group stayed out all night… They were eating, chatting, laughing, singing, playing cards -  just simply having a great time.  It was close to midnight and the alcohol kicked in… everyone decided to retire and headed back themselves to their room.

~

Somin got a little tipsy but bearable. When Hyun Joong was about to help her, Yi Jung grabbed Somin’s arms…

“No.. no .. no… I can take her back to her room… go on Hyun Joong… get your rest and leave Somin alone!” Yi Jung imply.

“I’m not drunk! I can take care of myself!” Somin insist and stormed to the elevator.

“Like I said, I’m watching you!”

“I know that… I’m not doing anything wrong… just trying to help... dude relax…“ Hyun Joong responded and walked away.

When Somin entered their room, she saw everyone crashed in the bed… even the guys are sleeping soundly. “What the hell… why is everyone here??  Now where do I sleep?”  Then Hyun Joong came in…

“Great they’re all here! Did you want to take one of the beds in our room?”

Somin looked at him blankly. “Uuummm…”

“I can sleep here on the floor if that will make you feel better…” He added.

“No its okay… you can take the other bed there’s 2 anyway...  Now let me wash up and change to my PJ’s, be right back.”

“Go ahead… take your time!

Half an hour later, Somin entered the room carrying her book  and a bottle of water.  She looked around to look for Hyun Joong but didn’t find him. Instead, she headed herself to the balcony and curled up on the big comfy couch. Startled, she blinked twice and saw Kim Hyun Joong on the other couch sleeping so peacefully.  She slowly got up to leave him but suddenly, she dropped her book again.  Hyun Joong jumped off the couch.

“Sorry! I didn’t mean to wake you up!” Somin was embarrassed.

“You scared me! I fell asleep from the sound of the ocean… This place is awesome!” He stretched a little. “Aren’t you going to sleep?”

“I felt energetic after I took a shower. I don’t know... I’m not sleepy yet… I was going to read my book…”

“I can keep you company… that’s only if you don’t mind…”

Somin was listening to Hyun Joong steadily and looking at his lips sharply reminiscing the kiss. Then suddenly she covered her face with both hands and squealed…

Hyun Joong got startled and said “Woah… what was that for?!”  He checked behind him and see nobody. “Are you okay?” Confused.

Somin’s cheeks turned red… “No…. I don’t think I’ll ever get use to looking at your face normally…” She grabbed the pillow from the chair sat and covered her face.

“Why?” He asked.

“Just because…..” She replied.

“Oh… is it because of the kiss?” He asked directly.

“Yes… NOOOO….” She squealed again. “Oh my god this is getting awkward – again!”

Hyun Joong walked to Somin and removed the pillow from her face.  She gazed up in confusion.

“Look Somin… you’re adorable and beautiful. I’d be lying to you if I tell you I don’t find you attractive!” Hyun Joong confessed. “I’m secretly falling for you Somin…  But I need to avoid these feelings for you…” He thought to himself.

“I think you’re drunk…”

“I may be drunk but I know what I’m saying and doing… ”

Somin suddenly got up from her seat and threw herself to him, hugging him tight.  When she noticed he didn’t move… She pulled herself away.

“Somin, we can’t!” Hyun Joong pleaded.

“What do you mean?” Disbelief and disappointed.

“We just can’t… not right now…” He replied sadly.

“Is it because of your daughter?” She replied cracking with emotions.

“Daughter?  What daughter?” He questioned in confusion.

“Well I heard your phone conversation earlier!”

Hyun Joong laughed. “Oh… I was talking about my dog Sam… My friend is taking care of her right now and I think she’s depress…How could you assume I have a child?  I may have dated a lot of girls but I never knocked anyone up… Wait you’ve been eavesdropping my conversation?”

“Sorry!  I didn’t mean to… I got curious when I heard your voice from the balcony.” Somin explained… suddenly, her tears trickled down her cheeks.

“Oh Somin… I don’t know what to do with you…” He ran his hands through his hair.  “You’re driving me crazy right now… please don’t cry… I’m not worth a single tear.”

“Can you just please leave me alone?” She begged and tears streamed down her face.

“I can’t leave you here like this…”

“Please… I just need some space right now…” Somin stood up and headed herself to the room, tears still flowing…

Hyun Joong followed her and grabbed her arms. “Please stop!”

Somin stopped her tracks and turned around to face him.  He stepped a little closer. He slowly pressed his lips to her forehead…

“You don’t know how much I wanted you so badly!”

 

... to be continued.