Chapter 3

Love Me Again

"I'm so going to regret this!" Somin said as soon as she reached the washroom. "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid me! Aaarrrggghhh.... Oh Kim Hyun Joong why are you so alluring?" while stomping her right foot to the floor.  She the faucet and looked at herself in the mirror. "Somin, think of it as if nothing happened..... Forget about Hyun Joong..." Sigh.  Somin stayed in the washroom for at least a good 15 minutes... reflecting.  On her way out, she saw Hyun Joong leaning on the wall, waiting, and holding her mini purse.  Both eyes locked, not blinking, and speechless.  Finally, Somin broke the ice...

 

Sigh. "I'm sorry..." Somin said... Hyun Joong was just quiet. "I honestly didn't mean to do that... it’s just that.... I don't know what got into me." Somin explained in a low tone looking down. 

 

"I'm sorry Somin… can we forget about this?" Hyun Joong finally speaks up.  "I also didn't mean to..."

 

Somin cut him off... "Okay Mr. Suave let’s forget that it didn't happened…  You don’t need to explain yourself… this is all my entire fault!” Sigh. “Can I get my purse back? Please?" Hyun Joong handed her purse and she walked away, feeling disappointed with his reaction.

 

“Unnie!” Min Ah was calling Somin but she can’t seem to hear her… “UNNIE!!” Min Ah yelled this time… Somin’s in deep thoughts and showing a troubled face… Her sister ran to her and pushed her from behind…  “Unnie!” Somin snapped out of her reverie. She turned her head and saw Min Ah.

 

“I’ve been calling you in like forever!” Min Ah said in her cute perky voice.

 

“Sorry… I’m just tired,” Somin explained.

 

“Tired of what? Kissing Kim Hyun Joong?” Min Ah replied in her wicked little voice.

 

Somin’s eyes widen… “What? Oh-my-god…. No you didn’t?!?!?!?!” She got all hyper.

 

“Yes I did!” Min Ah said and stuck her tongue out and started jumping around waiting for Somin to catch her. “I saw you two kissing down the hall and I’m telling mom on you… Hah!”

 

“MIN AH! Somin yelled. “Please please please don’t tell mom… please???” She begged. “I’ll do anything for you… be your slave for a week… something… just please don’t tell mom about thi.” She’s trying to make deal with a ten year old girl hoping for her to agree.

 

“A week? Nope, not enough!”

 

Somin knew she has no choice but agree to whatever she’ll ask for.

 

“I won’t agree on anything that you offer… The last time I made a deal with you when I caught you dating Dong Young Bae you tricked me!!!!” She shot back.

 

Somin ran to her sister and covered … “Don’t you dare mention his name… Oh my god if someone hears you… I swear!!!  And for a young kid like you… Arrgghhh… your mouth……… Min Ah if only you’re not my sister I could slap you silly right now!”

 

Min Ah ran away from Somin… teasing her… They were fighting like cats and dogs... Somin couldn’t really run because of her shoes… she slowly took this off and tried catching her sister. They didn’t seem to notice Hyun Joong was standing between two pillars, hidden, listening to their conversation and amused by how close the two were.  He can’t stop looking at Somin… so playful, so cute and simply beautiful. The two disappeared on his sight…

 

I can’t believe she dated Dong Young Bae? That jerk!” He smirked and headed himself to the bar.

 

~

 

Hyun Joong sat on a tall stool bar, sipped his beer and in deep thought.  Everyone’s having a great time… family and friends are all over the place… Enjoying the free alcohol and dancing to the rhythm of the house music.

 

Mr. Suave seems to be in his own little world.  He’s trying to figure out what happened with him and Somin.  Just thinking of her name gives him the butterflies. “No! You can’t entertain this kind of feelings… its not you! That was just a kiss…” Sigh. ” an extra ordinary kiss! I can’t be falling for her! I can’t be…”

 

Yi Jung came over to join Hyun Joong.  He tap his shoulder to make him aware that he‘s behind him. He turned his head…

 

“Hey… Congratulations! How does it feel being a married man?” Hyun Joong asked.

 

“Happy... Overwhelmed… I honestly feel complete!  Min Yun completes the missing puzzle in my heart.” Yi Jung responded.

 

“I don’t know exactly what that means but I’m happy for you guys… let’s cheers to that!” Hyun Joong lifted his beer mug and offered a toast and the two clunk their glasses.

 

Then Yi Jung got up and said… “Anyway, we gotta go!  We need to get our rest… We’re leaving for Jeju Island tomorrow morning.”

 

“I know… do I really have to be on your honeymoon?” Hyun Joong asked.

 

“Its not a honeymoon… Its our way of saying thank you to the bridal party. Come on dude, we talked about this before you got here… It will be fun!” Yi Jung added.

 

“I’m not part of the bridal party!” Hyun Joong shot back.

 

“But I want you to be there… I mean you came all the way from L.A. and this is our way of saying thank you to you! It will mean a lot! Like I said it will be fun.”

 

Hyun Joong was already getting tipsy… then he blurted out and said, “So what do you mean of “everyone” is coming? Does that mean Somin is also coming?”

 

“Somin?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“Uhuh!”

 

“Didn’t I warn you about Somin? Do you like her?”

 

“NO…. But Sssshhh… Between you and me, I heard she dated Dong Young Bae!” Laughs.

 

“We all know that... so what’s the big deal?” Yi Jung’s brow arched.

 

“Oh! I thought you didn’t…” He responded in a low and serious tone.

 

“Why are you so interested on Somin?”

 

“I’m not, I just overheard her and her sister talking earlier about Young Bae. That’s all!” Hyun Joong said cooly.

 

“Leave Somin alone Hyun Joong! This will be my last warning!” Frustrated. “I have a couple of my friends asking about her earlier and I’ve said she’s off limits so don’t be the third one!”

 

“Off limits? Why? What so special about her?” Hyun Joong asked.

 

“Were just avoiding family drama! You don’t want to know what went down with her and Young Bae?  I can’t blame her parents though… its all Min Yun’s fault… she introduced them.” Yi Jung explained. “That is a damn player!”

 

“Woah, you mean Young Bae dated other girls while he’s dating Somin too?”

 

“Yah..” Then Yi Jung finished his beer. “See you at the airport tomorrow morning?”

 

“We’ll see…” Hyun Joong gulp his beer down. “Its nice to have a filthy rich cousin who pays for a free trip to Jeju Island!” Laughs.

 

“Shut up! You better come, tickets can’t be refunded!” Yi Jung said while hitting Hyun Joong’s right rib with his elbow.

 

Both laughed and exited out the bar.

 

~

 

~Gimpo Airport~

 

The next morning, Somin was pulling her carry-on luggage heading to the waiting area. She looked around to check for the others but can’t seem to find one familiar face.  She decided to sit down pulled her iPad, put on her earphones, listened to music and started reading a book. Then half an hour later the whole crew came in at the same time. Min Yun stood in front of Somin and got her startled. She suddenly took her earphones off.

 

“Somin!!! Coffee my love?” Min Yun lifted a Starbucks cup and showed Somin.

 

“Thank you! You’re the best! I badly need this right now!” She got up then gave Min Yun a hug…

 

“I got your favourite! Grande skinny, extra hot, latte! Why didn’t you sleep over at the hotel… you didn’t have to wake up your dad this early! What time did you get here?” Min Yun asked.

 

“About half an hour ago.  Dad has to get up early anyway… The shop opens at 8:00am today… Plus I want to sleep in my room… you know how much I hate sharing bed with anyone?” Somin added.

 

“Yah… yah… I know!” Min Yun rolled her eyes.

 

“Okay wait let me say hi to those guys!” Pointing at Yi Jung, Yong Wah, Daesung, Hyun Ki, Kwang Hoo, Dara, Yoona, and Hyori.

 

As soon as she started walking, the door swung open and she sees Kim Hyun Joong….

 

Stunned in her what-the--is-he-doing-here look. She stopped her tracks and turned around. She grabbed her purse and luggage then said…

“Sorry Min Yun… I can’t go with you guys!!!”

 

... to be continued