Chapter 1

Love Me Again

~Year 2007 Jung’s Residence~

 

It’s a nice and sunny Saturday morning; the 18-year-old Jung Somin is in a chaotic mode preparing to go to her cousin Min Yun’s wedding.  Since her family owns a flower shop in the heart of Seoul… her responsibility, as a bridesmaid is to take care of all the boutonnieres and bouquets for the bridal party.

The clock is ticking and her stress level was right off the chart plus her mother nagging her isn’t helping!  Mrs. Jung can’t seem to get off her case and a yelling competition was going back in forth between her and Somin.

“Somin!” Mrs. Jung yelled while standing by the stairs in the main floor. “Aren’t you done yet? We’re going to be late if we don’t leave this house in five minutes!”

“Can you relax mom?!? OMG! You’re stressing me out already…. You know the wedding doesn’t start it 2 hours!” Somin yelled back from her room.

“I know… but we have to go to the shop to pick up the flowers too!”

“Like I don’t know that?!?!?” She replied in her sarcastic tone.  “Be there in a minute mom!!” She rolled her eyes and let out a big sigh.

“Your dad and your sister are already in the car waiting!” Mrs. Jung added.

“Well go… I’ll meet you in car then… just give me a minute!” Somin responded in more irritated tone.

“Okay fine! Will see you outside and HURRY UP!” Mrs. Jung walked out of the house and headed herself to the car.

Somin continued to fix herself…. “Make up – done! Hair – done! ” She mumbles as she walks around her room, putting her earrings and shoes on at the same time, dress in her strapless lilac gown emphasizing her thin waist.  She stopped in front of her mirror and said… “It’s going to be a long day…” Sigh. “Fighting!” She hurried herself downstairs, grabbed her mini purse and off she goes with her family.

~

Finally, The Jungs arrived in Myeongdong Cathedral an hour before the wedding started. Mr. Jung headed to mingle with the family and guests… Somin was busy doing her duty, handing out the bouquets to all the bridesmaids, while her mom and sister Min Ah pinned the boutonnieres to all the ushers…  The Jungs was very happy to see how wonderful their floral decorator set up the church.  Each pew was filled with hanging pomander ball roses in white and pink. The altar was filled with flower arrangement featuring white calla lilies accented with hydrangea and hanging green amaranthus in a tall clear vases.

Slowly, the church was being filled with a lot of people…  Fifteen minutes before the ceremony, Somin headed to see her cousin Min Yun to give her bridal bouquet.  But just before she entered the room, she stopped in the middle of the hallway when she saw Kim Hyun Joong…

“OMG! Hyun Joong Sunbae!”  In shock. “I never thought I’d see you again!” 

“Somin? Is that you?” Hyun Joong asked in his unsure tone.

“Yes, its me!” She responded excitedly.

“How are you? God, it’s been ages! Look at you…” Hyun Joong paused for a second as he scanned Somin from head to toe. “Uummm…” He was speechless... “Wow… you’re all grown up now… and looking very beautiful!”

“Well thank you!” She smiled. “So when did you get back from the states?”

“Last night!”  Hyun Joong said cooly…

“How long you’re here for?” Somin asked.

“About 2 weeks….” He responded. But then the two got interrupted when someone yelled…

“Hyun Joong!! I’m glad you made it!” Both Hyun Joong and Somin turned their heads to see Yi Jung walking towards them. Yi Jung is Hyun Joong’s cousin and happens to be Somin’s cousin Min Yun’s soon to be husband.

“I’ll leave you two alone… I’m sure you have a lot of catching up to do… I’m heading to see Min Yun anyway… She needs this..” Somin lifted the bouquet. When she was about to walk away, she suddenly turns back to face Yi Jung and said… “But make it quick, the ceremony will start soon!”

“Well it was nice seeing you again Somin…” Hyun Joong said.  Somin smiled back and waived at him. He then paused and followed her with his eyes as she walks away and disappears….

Yi Jung snapped his fingers on him and said… “What was that all about?”

“What do you mean?”  Hyun Joong asked.

“Dude, you’re looking at Somin as if you wanted to devour the girl!” Yi Jung added and lifted his left brows as he speak.

“No… you know damn well I see her as a little sister… don’t be dirty now…” Hyun Joong said in his defense while laughing.

“I’m just warning you to back off! Don’t bring your playboy antics here… This is not L.A.!” Yi Jung added.

“Oh c’mon cuz…” Hyun Joong laughed. “You know I won’t!”

“Well the girl use to have a crush on you… and knowing you might take advantage!”

“Hey... that was then… when she was a “CHILD”… ” Hyun Joong said as he stressed the word ‘child’ to Yi Jung.

“She’s no longer a child Hyun Joong… it’s a different story!”

“You’re talking as if I’m going to sleep with her… the girl doesn’t like me anymore… didn’t you see how comfortable she was while talking to me?”

“But you’re action tells me something else…. I’m warning you Hyun Joong!”

It was 2001 when a young, 12 year old Jung Somin first laid eyes on Kim Hyun Joong… she already had a crush on him.  Hyun Joong and Somin met when Min Yun and Yi Jung started dating 7 years ago...  Being a teenager, the 17-year-old Min Yun was not allowed to go out with Yi Jung with no chaperone. So she tagged Somin along with her while Hyun Joong came along with Yi Jung.  When Min Yun spilled Somin’s secret to the guys… she cried in embarrassment. To avoid more awkwardness, Somin stopped hanging out with her cousin and never seen Hyun Joong until he left for the States to study medicine.

~

On the other room before Somin proceed to see her cousin, she close the door and leaned on it… “OMG! OMG! OMG! Kim Hyun Joong is here…. OMG!” Somin thought to herself while blushing. “I can’t believe he has that same effect on me until now... this is not good Somin…” Sigh. “Why do you have to look so damn hot Hyun Joong? Why?” She slowly closed her eyes…. “Oh God Somin… listen… he’s no good… delete him in your head… D-E-L-E-T-E… stop this silliness right now… Thank god I acted all cool!”

Suddenly the door opened and Somin went flying on the floor…  She heard a man’s voice and said... “Oh my god, are you okay?” She opened her eyes and saw Kim Hyun Joong right in front of her.

... to be continued