Eight

Don't forget our love

"Did you like the movie?"

Wooyoung who is sitting on the floor turns his body 180 degrees to face Nichkhun on the couch and gave the Thai two thumbs up. "You're the best, Khun. Seriously, it's like you know me more than I know myself."

Nichkhun basks in his glory, ignoring the dirty looks he's getting from the rest of the group. They still have no idea what's wrong exactly with Wooyoung, but even a toddler can tell the second eldest in the group is using his five years worth of information to get his 'crush' to fall deeply in love with him again.

Ever since Nichkhun went for his spa getaway or whatever, the group noticed how much more determined he is to win Wooyoung over. Some of his tricks were somewhat dirty - for example pretending he's making a dish for the first time just for Wooyoung and getting the taste just right on the first try. In reality, it took Nichkhun weeks to perfect the recipe and master the dish, and he certainly didn't learn it alone. His partner just doesn't remember helping him at all.

What really gets the other members wary is Nichkhun's impatience with their progress. There are times when he would get ridiculously jealous of Wooyoung spending time with another person, and because he's good at manipulating people (though he doesn't like to do it) he's able to drive people away, leaving the apple of his eye quite lonely and seeking for attention. Sometimes he would lie to the other members by purposely giving them the wrong address to the restaurants they're having dinner at so he can spend more time alone with him.

Nichkhun is a good guy, but his morals are skewed when it comes to a certain fellow member he's hopelessly in love with.

This is exactly what Chansung tells him one night, just before Nichkhun gets a chance to offer Wooyoung to try the 'new' (read: favorite) massage technique he'd seen on TV. The baby of the group hates getting involved in other people's business, but he doesn't feel right letting Nichkhun take advantage of the unknowing Wooyoung, pretending to be oblivious as he touches him in all the right places. If the latter keeps getting tricked like this, he'll be delusional enough to think that Nichkhun is a perfect specimen. Their love will be based on lies and then one day Wooyoung will be disillusioned, ending up suffering in a destructive relationship again.

The Thai refuses to acknowledge this and takes the easy way out of the debate. He gets angry; raising his voice and throwing a tantrum before resorting to vicious verbal attacks on Chansung. The rest of the group had tried telling him to ease on the obsession and give Wooyoung some space, but they too had been snapped at and Junho had even received a threat to physically hurt him if he ever tries to stop him again.

Not long after, people start noticing just how angry Nichkhun had become, including his precious love, Wooyoung. The older man would have a fit at the most frivolous things like the time the waiter brought him the wrong wine, or when Junho's fan said she prefers Junho over his own favorite member, Wooyoung. Weird thing is, he's never mad at Wooyoung even when he's done something wrong. This is something the lead dancer of the group finds disconcerting because he unleashes his frustration on everyone else even when they've done nothing to deserve it.


Nichkhun's biggest outburst happens when he wakes one morning to find Wooyoung missing from his bed. It's their off day, as far as he's concerned. Did they make a last minute change of plans and send Wooyoung to work? Those slave drivers! Who should he see in the company regarding this matter?!

15 minutes after the possessive text he sent Wooyoung, the younger man replies with a short message: at Daegu with Minjun. Within half an hour, Nichkhun is on a train to Minjun's hometown, planning the perfect murder of one Minjun for kidnapping his precious love.

The long journey helped calm Nichkhun down a bit so when he arrives in front of the quaint home of the Kim's, he has enough self control to knock politely on the door instead of barging in like a madman. The Thai can sense the CCTV watching his every move so he sends a wink to it, resulting in one amused Mrs. Kim opening the door wide for him. The door immediately shuts behind him in fear of fans (or worse, anti fans) coming in.

They chat a little and it's obvious where Minjun had got his talkative side from. When the excitement dies down, Nichkhun casually drops the question on his mind.

"Where's Wooyoung? And Minjun?" He adds the last part not wanting to offend his mother in her own house.

"They've been out since this morning," she answers nonchalantly, her bubbly persona shining through. Nichkhun could feel his blood pressure rising, but before he got all worked up, Mrs Kim adds, "cleaning up his father's grave. It's really nice of you boys to come help out. I'm not well these days, you see. It would be sad to see it unkempt."

He immediately feels guilty for suspecting Minjun of stealing Wooyoung when all he wanted was someone to help him take care of his father's grave.

"Minjun told me Wooyoung has to be back before dinnertime because he promised to eat with you. If you don't mind, Khun dearest, can Wooyoung accompany my son for a little longer? I don't want him to feel alone on his father's death anniversary."

A selfish thought crosses his mind and he immediately feels disgusted with himself. Minjun's father is gone; Wooyoung will be back by his side tomorrow morning. He tries to put himself in Minjun's shoes and shakes those haunting thoughts instantly. He can only imagine the hurt he must be going through now.

The phone rings in the kitchen and Mrs Kim excuses herself to answer the call. The house is filled with silence, the only source of sound coming from her soft laughter. It amazes him how she could stay so cheery even after all she's going through. When the call disconnects and she makes her way back to sit with Nichkhun, the latter compliments her on how well she handles her emotions.

"It wasn't easy at first," She admits. "I wanted us to die about the same time so we can end up as lovers again in the next life."

He smiles at her openness. "But even if you meet again, you won't remember each other."

"I'll remember loving him even if we don't know each other. Honestly, I just hope he's not in pain anymore, and I know he doesn't want me to suffer, too. Even if we don't meet in the next life, I hope to meet him in the one after. Or the next. If we're meant to be we're bound to meet and love again in the future, right?"


Her words hit deep into Nichkhun's heart. Love is never meant to be forced. It's suppose to be spontaneous, beautiful and makes you the happiest you've ever been. He remembers Chansung and the rest trying to remind him of this, but he didn't listen.

This isn't the way it's supposed to be. Deep inside, he knows he lacks confidence in making Wooyoung happy and worries about being left alone again to the point where it's all he thinks about. Thinking about Wooyoung used to bring him so much joy but now, all he feels when he thinks of his one and only is anxiety.


Wooyoung would want you to be happy.


Nichkhun leaves for Seoul that afternoon without Wooyoung by his side. He could still feel his heart burning in agony just because they're apart for several hours and his anger starts to reel it's ugly head. Afraid of himself and what he's become, Nichkhun decides he needs to change everything and start over.

So he starts at the institute that he swore never to go back to.



"Patient number 2799, Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul, we will now proceed with the deletion. An anesthesia will be injected into your system to ensure you stay unconscious for the whole procedure. If you have any last requests, please state them now."