Four

Don't forget our love

[Wooyoung - Past]


Wooyoung has been in and out for hours now. Sometimes he recalls making out with Nichkhun in the shadows on the JYPE rooftop on New Year's Eve five years ago. Sometimes he thinks that no, they didn't, they were just drinking beer together and nothing special happened that night. Them kissing was probably just a dream. He is, after all, asleep. Or has he woken up already?

He then remembers another scene. This one is vivid; it feels like he is really living in it. He sees Nichkhun crossing the road to where he's standing - his face showing nothing but anger. His mouth opens and Wooyoung jumps back. What is he saying? Why does Wooyoung feel shaken by his words?

The scene pauses and cracks; shatters into a million pieces and Wooyoung free falls into another scene. This time, he and Nichkhun were on a couch watching Cinderella's Stepsister. Nichkhun drools over the beautiful Moon Geum Young and Wooyoung lets him. Why shouldn't he?

Nichkhun says something unnatural; something Wooyoung would say if he impersonates Nichkhun but fails at it. Should he say something about it?

Then everything went black. Wooyoung only saw darkness for two whole minutes before Nichkhun shows up before him, his lips forming words Wooyoung knew by heart.

I love you.

They somehow end up in bed with Nichkhun on top of him, and he watches tentatively as he mouths those words again.

I love you.

Wooyoung blinks and he's somehow in Nichkhun's car going for a joyride. Where did they come from again? What was he thinking about before this? It doesn't matter because Nichkhun pulls over on the side of the road and kisses the living daylights out of him.

I love you.

I love you. I love you. I love you. Lies, lies, all lies!

A light shines from a crack above and Wooyoung recognized it as their old bathroom window. He turns around to see Nichkhun in the bathtub with someone. A curvaceous woman with mounds of flesh where Wooyoung doesn't have. The door creaks wide open and Wooyoung then understands why his vision is limited; he's standing behind the door. Nichkhun rolls on top of this unknown female and Wooyoung feels a sting in his heart. But why?

The scene stops, rewinds and he's again standing in front of the same door. Instead of peeping in, Wooyoung acts like a good little brother and closes it shut.

Then he walks away. Far, far away from Nichkhun.



"Mr Jang? Wooyoung? Are you up?" He opens his eyes to see doctor Baek standing right in front of him. "How are you feeling?"

He blinks out the sleep from his eyes. How long was he out? The buzzing in his ears were adding on to his pounding headache. He searches in his muddled brain the correct words to describe his feelings at the moment.

"Empty. Confused. I know I'm supposed to be here - I want to erase some bad memories - but I don't remember why exactly. So I guess the procedure is a success?"

The young doctor confirms it and prepares him for the last stage - erasing the procedure itself from his memories.

"You have passed on the retrieval card, yes? The unwanted memory triggers have been disposed so you will no longer have any material linking you back to your repressed memory. We have your keys in our possession. We will drop you off at the given address as soon as we are done. A weekly session with our therapist has been encoded into your brain. Anything else before we move on to phase 3?"

Wooyoung shakes his head and smiles sweetly at the doctor. "Let's just get this over with."



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 



"Wooyoung needs to get his back here. Nichkhun isn't even in Korea to avoid so why is he still there?"

Junho and Chansung are watching TV while Junho rants endlessly about his bandmates. Taecyeon and Minjun had both given up on the case and all the interest they had invested in their friends' gay relationship has now dissipated to 'I seriously don't give a rat's ". It is now Chansung's duty as the youngest in the group to listen to his friend with the emperor syndrome still caring (in his own unique way) about what goes on between them.

Besides, Chansung is too nice to outright deny Junho of some quality time.

"You need to stop thinking about this. I told you, Wooyoung doesn't seem to remember anything. It's normal for someone to freak out when their friend just one day clings to their leg out of the blue, begging to be loved. Give him time."

"And it's normal to just forget you ever dated someone? The new Wooyoung is too quiet, too. Suspiciously quiet."

The younger male massages his temples before explaining to Junho - again.

"Something shocking must've happened. I mean, Khun brought a woman home once, remember? He was smashed so Woodong forgave him and pretended he didn't know when Khun came clean. Maybe he decided to push back the memory into a dark corner of his brain, but ended up pushing away his whole relationship. And about his quietness, Khun and Jaybeom were the ones who brought him out of his shell, and he hasn't mentioned Jay in a long while, has he? Maybe because he doesn't remember being that close with either of them, he's back to the reserved Wooyoung we met when he first joined the company."

Junho clicks his tongue and points the remote at Chansung. "You have answers to everything. don't you? Well, I still have a much higher IQ than you."

Chansung couldn't come up with a retort quick enough so as payback he sits on Junho instead.