Unlucky Girl

My Sweet Cupcake!

I looked up with horror but I never let it show. Great! Just great! How lucky this day could ever be? I bumped with the kingkas of our school. The so-called EXO-K. The most intimidating guys I ever knew. I tried to walk through them when someone hold my arm making me step back and stand on where I was earlier.

 

“Hey! I’m not done talking to you.” Sehun said gripping my arm tighly. Okay, one word-OUCH!

 

“I’m sorry, okay? Leave me alone.” I tried to lose his grip but damn he got strong arms. I struggled yet I failed again and just slump my tired hand waiting for it to be released. He pulled my arm and he leaned his face on me like WAY TOO CLOSE. He left me no other choice. I braced myself as I lift my leg and kick his groin. I took that as a chance and ran away going to my class. I didn’t bother looking back when he was calling me. It’s pretty scary.

 

I stopped in front of my classroom and panted. That was a long run. I fixed myself and opened the door. As I step inside, they were looking at me weirdly. I guess they got the latest news already. As I was walking towards my seat, three girls stood in front of me with their hands crossed over their chest.

 

“How could you do that to my oppa?” a girl with blonde hair said.

 

“What did I do?”

 

“You kicked him in the hallway earlier. How dare you humiliate one of the most handsome guys in our school?” another girl with curly hair shouted at me.

 

“I did it for self defense. It’s not like I killed him already.”

 

“Aish, you—“

 

“That’s enough!”

 

All heads turned towards the door. They quickly settled on their seats as they saw Mrs. Kim walking towards her table. She’s our Math and Physics teacher. I consider her as my only friend though. Class starts after her introduction. I wrote down notes and listened to her carefully. After the class, Mrs. Kim called me.

 

“Jaemin-ah, I want to talk to you about something.”

 

“I think I know what you’re going to say.”

 

She sighed as she stood up from her table. “I know what you want and I understand it. But please don’t bear it for too long.” She said. “People also need to change just like you Jaemin. But it’s up to you if you want the outcome to be good or bad.” I smiled at her as I got out of the class.

 

History, Math, and the school bell rang. Everyone is already out of the room. I started packing up my things when I heard footsteps coming towards my direction. I lift my head and saw him standing in front of me.

 

“What do you want now?” I said. Sehun just stood there with his blank face on. I asked him again but this time, his only response was a smug smirk.

 

“Just wanted give you a welcome gift.” Then an egg was already thrown on me. I heard flashes and sniggers. I my right and saw the other members outside taking pictures while laughing. I looked down trying to stop my tears from flowing out of my eyes. Another egg is thrown at me and that was already enough for me to shove Sehun out of my way. I run as far away as I can until I stopped in front of the school garden.

 

The place is filled with beautiful flowers, a fountain at the center and a very peaceful silence surrounds the area. I walked around and found a bench near the fountain. And then, I broke down. It’s the first time I broke in to tears because of them. All this time, I’ve been hiding my true self from everyone. I shut them all out by making myself ugly. I don’t want to be recognized for my social status nor my appearance. I want my teenage years to be simple. No money. No popularity. Just me.

 

I’ve been crying for minutes that I didn’t realize my brother was beside me with his friends. I turned to him and he hugged me. His friends knew what I’m doing. They didn’t hurt me though. Instead, they just pass by me whenever I get on their way. They’re nice, unlike EXO-K. They are my brother’s childhood friends. They call themselves BEAST for no particular reason.

 

“Hey, stop crying. You’re stronger than them.” My brother said and pats my head. I just smiled at him. He changed. Not a bad change kind of change but I kinda miss my old naughty brother in some way. He’s the one who makes my bad day good, the one who accompany me when I want someone to play with and the one who really fight for me when someone tries to hurt me. Where is that Junhyung?

 

“I’m okay now.” I said and broke the hug.

 

“So, I came here to say that we need to go home early since we are going to be visited by some people from the company. Wanna come with me or is it still the usual routine?”

 

“The usual.” I said as I grab my bag and stood up.

 

“Jaemin-ah, why not go with your brother? It’s better so he could protect you if anyone makes you cry again.” Yoseob said. As if on cue, Doojoon smacked his head earning laughs from the others.

 

“Yah! Yang Yoseob, you’re not my sister to begin with.” Oppa said glaring at poor Yoseob. He just pout and looked down. Aw, he’s so cute!

 

“Well, I have to go now. See you at home.” I walked out of the garden and head towards the school gates. I took a bus went home like what my brother said. Suddenly I feel so strange. What could possibly happen?