Day One

Jumping to Conclusions

 

“Get up Eun Mi! It’s your first day of school. You shouldn’t miss it now, should you?” My uncle gently shook my shoulder and continued to whisper into my ear. “I made your favorite, bacon pancakes!~”

 

My eyes immediately shot wide open and I sprang out of bed, heading straight to the bathroom, doing what I had to do to earn my special breakfast. I ran into my uncle's humble, modest-sized kitchen, sloppily dressed in my new school uniform and plopped onto a seat at the table. With a smile, he placed a plate in front of me. Funny how the sun seemed to shine right at that spot. I felt like I was in paradise. The plate was topped high with pancakes plus eggs and bacon on the side. An all-American breakfast that I missed from my life back in the states.

“Thank you for the food!” I said while eyeing the bacon greedily. Looking at me eat, one might have thought that I had starved for a day but these pancakes were more than just my favorite food to eat. They brought back childhood memories in every bite. Memories of playing in the park or talking and laughing for long hours in the night with my family came into view as I tasted the sweet syrup and the warm pancake slowly dissolve in my mouth. Bacon reminded me of my friends,and the times we hung out late at night to buy bacon cheese burgers.

 

To me the eggs symbolized something comforting, like home. It was always something I saw my mom prepare ever since I was little. I was always so amazed at how easily she handled food. Because of her there was even a time when my dream was to become a chef, but that dream had vanished long ago.

 

Presently, I have a problem that I had been putting off until now. Starting today, I have to learn to survive in a new, foreign high school. To add even more pressure onto me, I have to learn how to get by in a Korean school where many kids stress upon the importance of exams and grades and most of all, beauty. I had never been a pretty flower in the bunch. I was average with bangs that tended to cover my eyes and hair that was often tied in a high ponytail. I did not stand out too much, and I never seemed to look too nerdy either. I was always in between, as average and normal as anyone could be. I just hoped to live life quietly, and without all the drama always present in high schools. These thoughts wrapped tightly around my head as I ate. When I finished I quickly grabbed my backpack and stood near the front door.

 

“Now is the start of my new life,” I whispered to myself. I took a long, deep breath to calm my out-of-control nerves. Then, I opened the door and stepped one foot closer to my destination. 

 

While riding the bus, I thought about the face I saw that day. Joon. Joon. Joon. Joon. I repeat his name in my head as I get off the bus. Joon. Joon of B2ST. The angelic face of B2ST. I blush as I continued walking towards the school building. What amazing looks, plus he can sing too. I grin like an idiot and walk into class without knowing the fate that awaited me.

 

The teacher in front of the class smiled at me and gestured for me to stand next to him. Walking up towards the class I found the one person I had been thinking about for so long. Joon. I couldn't help but stare. Because of the light shining from the window, his brown hair looked even lighter than usual. His sweet, warm smile captivated me. He looked kind and friendly. I actually had to remind myself not to get too infatuated with anyone. I gave my head a slight shake. Get yourself together, Lee Eun Mi.

 

Another boy wass gestured to stand in front of the class by the teacher.

 

“Today, we have two new transfer students in our class. I hope you will welcome and help them if they have any trouble.” The teacher announces and then turns to face us. “You can call me Teacher Jung. Why don’t you guys introduce yourselves to the class?”

 

I look over at the blondie next to me and he looks back with a smile. He nods his head in understanding and looks at the class.

 

“Hello, My name is Yang Yoseob. My hobby is singing and writing lyrics. Nice to meet you all.” He said with no difficulty. He smiled to the class and the girls squealed. He flinched by their sudden reaction. 

 

“Hello, I am Lee Eun Mi. Or you guys can call me Jenny which was the name my parents gave me back in the U.S. Nice to meet you.” I said quietly. I scanned the class to see their reaction and my eyes fell upon Joon. He smiled at me and I blushed.

 

“Ok, why don’t two sit in the back there and we will begin the class.” The teacher pointed to the far corner near the windows.

 

Yoseob smiled and hung his head shyly to the side. I returned the smile and began to walk back to the corner where two desks resided.

 

“Now, let’s begin our lesson.” Teacher Jung said and turned his back to write on the blackboard.

 

I hope this is going to go well, I sighed to myself and looked at the teacher at the front of the class.


A/N: Hey guys! Please do comment, we need your feedback! Also, we know that Joon is NOT a part of BEAST!  We put him in there for a certain reason! You'll just have to read on to find out what that reason is! ;) I love trolling lol.