Remembering

Jumping to Conclusions

“Luckily the cut wasn’t too deep,” the nurse whirled around to pick up a square band-aid off of his supply cart.

 

I sat there, on the sanitary white sheet placed on the rickety metal bed and stared at the nurse suspiciously. He was a very buff, large man, yet here he was treating students with a delicate hand. It was nothing I had expected, since the schools I had attended before all had female nurses. Or very slim frail men nurses, which was not the case here. And Joon seemed to notice my dumbfounded expression and had let out a light chuckle before suppressing it with a cough when the nurse turned to him.

 

He narrowed his eyes at us. “What were you doing, anyway?”

 

My face turned red after realizing what he had been thinking. “It was nothing like that!” Joon and I had simultaneously shouted, desperate to clear our names of this dirty accusation.

 

The man leaned back and gave a hearty chortle, similar to the sound of Santa’s laugh, before patting Joon’s arm playfully. Joon’s face scrunched up a bit from the sudden force on his wounded arm. “Nothing to worry about! As long as you two weren’t doing anything weird.” He winked and got up from the small stool he was sitting on. “I need to go check up on these other students. They had a cat fight, you know. They are such divas!” He snapped his finger and shook his head to and fro, exaggerating the way the two girls must have been.

 

“Hahaha...ha...ha…” I forced a laugh out at the awkward situation as he turned around and left us two in the small area with walls of white cloth. It was definitely something I had never had to experience before.

 

Joon stood up and turned to face me. “Okay! Now that we got that out of the way, how ‘bout we go somewhere nice to practice?” He winked and walked out, leaving me stupidly sitting there. I sighed and ran after him. Today seemed to be comprised of a lot of walking and running.



 

“Hurry up, will you? We don’t have much time!” Joon was running ahead, approximately 10 meters away from me and he continued to run full speed towards a place that I didn't seem to know about.

 

“But…” I gasp for air. We had been running for about 15 minutes straight and, because of my weak body, I couldn’t keep up.

 

I stopped and looked up at him. He had reached his destination. Joon stood at the door with a smug look on his face. Then I realized that the place looked awfully familiar.

 

Dark Chocolate Cafe were the words painted in a dark brown on the metal sign that hung above the entrance. A sudden flash of memories rushed through my mind and I couldn’t help but smile. Does this means… he remembers me? From last time?

 

He made a gesture with his hand to come quick, so I ran up to him a big smile plastered on my face.

 

“This is my favorite hangout,” he said as he pushed the glass door open. “My best friends come here a lot too.” He smiled, “You’ll get to meet them soon.”

 

I giddy from the memories and the new ones that would come from the small cafe.

 

Again as soon as I walked in I saw the red hair boy doing something crazy and the others ignoring him. The others were playing with instruments and singing songs, their happy moods bouncing around the room to create a bright atmosphere.

 

“It’s your first time here, right?” He took off his jacket and hung it on a rack near the entrance.

 

My face fell. What? I forced a smile on my face. So he doesn’t remember… My mood dropped and I felt a little dizzy, all of the blood that flowed up to my head from the happiness I felt had left. “Uh… yeah.” I mumbled.

 

“Welcome to Dark Chocolate Cafe where…” The old lady came out again and recited her motto for the small cafe with a cheery voice. But everything turned to useless buzzing in my head.

 

He… He doesn’t remember me. But… I was here… on that day. The day they were scouted. The day when they made me become a witness of their start to success.  


A/N: A short chapter to celebrate the New Years! x) I hope you guys like it. One of my new years resolutions? Hopefully I will be update this story more! :DD