3

Just Bitten

(A/N: special thanks to baekhyunandmegs at this part, cuz i was totally stuck. LOVE YOU MEGAN! :'D)

Are you sure you don't need bus money?” Lay asked. You had successfully parked his car in the underground parking lot.

You shook your head and smiled to reassure him, “Oppa I live like four blocks away, it’s how we met remember?” You reached out to hug him and he obliged reluctantly, pulling back rather quickly. Your eyes darted to the floor momentarily a bit hurt. It wasn’t like he had just rejected you and you knew he felt a little sick but it wasn’t as if he had to flinch away from your touch.

Hoping to get at least a good night kiss, you reached out and touched his cheek, “Good night”, you said, smiling at him.

He put on a smile for you but moved to take your hand away and maneuvered away from your touch again. “Good night.” His answers were curt, short concise. You bit your lip, still a little worried, but you decided to put it away. He was feeling a bit bad, that was all.

With that you turned around to exit the parking garage, sulking to yourself a bit and thinking of the nights events. He had seemed fine in the car, if not a little quiet. What was with the sudden change of attitude? Lay wasn’t the moody type, in fact you could usually count on him being in a very happy mellow mood. It was rare that he was ever angry or sad, and those emotions usually didn’t last long. You comforted yourself with these words, thinking that he would straighten up by tomorrow.

Consumed by your thoughts, you bit your lip and walked forward absentmindedly, relying on muscle memory to get you home. Suddenly you felt an arm at your shoulder and in the shock you turned around getting ready to punch the creep in the face.

Lay dodged deftly, even catching your fist before it hit his chest. He smiled at you revealing those dimples of his, “So you’re that mad at me huh?”

You blinked confused, “Lay…”

“I realized I was being a bit rude, just because I feel bad it doesn’t give me a reason to let you walk alone at night.” He paused and looked down searching the ground. “Something could happen to you. Something bad.” He repeated, talking mostly to himself. Shaking his head he turned to look at you again, and motioned to your fist in his hands, “Although you do seem to have some defensive skills…”

You laughed and awkwardly took your fist from his grasp, “Um,” you paused,embarrassed, “Well you scared me. I thought…I didn’t even hear you coming.”

He nodded and looked at the ground again, “I’m sorry, I should’ve called you or something—“ He paused and you saw his smile fade into a look of seriousness. “Are you bleeding?”

You blinked confused and then belatedly realized your throbbing lip. As Lay had aptly pointed out, you were bleeding. You your lips tasting the metallic liquid and laughed, “ I guess I bit my lip earlier when you scared me…”

“I'm sorry,” he replied sympathetically.

“It's ok, it can't be that bad.”

You began to walk towards the direction of your apartment building. Lay walked beside you. His eyes darted from your still bleeding lip to the surroundings and back again. Something snapped him back to the present situation and he hastily began searching his jacket pockets.

“I know I had a napkin...” he murmured, not directly to you.

“It's fine, oppa”, you attempted to reassure him. You raised you hand to your lips to wipe away the blood.

Lay reached out and grabbed your wrist.

“Don't do that”, he stated, his voice hoarse.

Clueless and confused you said, “My apartment is right there. I can just wash my hands when I- “

He pulled down your other hand which you had raised to gesture to your nearby dorm building.

Lay pulled you into himself.

Before you knew what was happening, Lay's lips were pressed against yours.