Chapter Three~

Why didn't I realize that you existed?

In Yonghwa’s car~

Yong pov

Seohyun was silent since I drove us to the bookstore near our university.

It was awkward, honestly, and I was confused how to open a conversation.

“Seohyun-ah, I can call you that, right?” I asked her as I still looked at the road.

“Ne,” She answered and smiled. I glanced at her.

“So, what is your hobby?” I asked her trying to open a conversation. It’s a simple question to start.

“Reading books, you?”

“Playing music and composing,”

She smiled, “You can compose song? Cool,”

I grinned, “Is it cool? Then I am cool?” I asked her. I really like compliments, especially came from this pretty girl beside me.

“Yes, you are cool,” she complimented me shyly.

“Cute,” I laughed, “Thank you, Seohyun-ah,” I patted her hand.

“By the way, Seohyun, do you have any brother or sister?” I asked her.

“Eh, ne. I have a brother,”

“Really? What is his name? Does he study at university too?” I asked her.

“Ne, his name is Seo Changmin. He’s a university student as well,”

“Does he study at our university?”

“Actually yes, but, now he got a scholarship to Japan,” She seemed really proud of her brother.

“What is his subject?” I asked her more.

“It’s Bussiness,”

“It’s cool, your brother must be so smart,” I complimented him. He seemed to be a good brother to Seohyun. Now, I understood why Seohyun was diligent and modest, her brother must be like Seohyun.

“Yes, he is. I’m very proud of him, I want to be like him. My family is really happy for him,” She smiled wider.

I stopped the car because the traffic light was red.

“I wonder how he looked like, is he good-looking like you?” I asked her and looked at her.

She looked at me, and I swore I see her face blushed.

“Yes, he is handsome, good-looking and tall,” she answered me still blushing. “But, I am not that good-looking,” she looked down, she didn’t dare to look at me.

“Yes, you are, Seohyun-ah,” I smiled to her.

“Thank you,” she smiled and blushed again.

I drive the car again and at our remain way, she kept avoid looking at me. I found it cute. She was really pure and cute. She was such a shy girl. She was really interesting.

My usual female girl would talk a lot with me, kept giving me question about my life and my band, I didn’t have to asked them because they are the one who offered me to hang out together. But this time was different.

Now, I didn’t feel awkward again, the atmosphere was just right. I enjoyed this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At bookstore~

I felt lost but Seohyun’s face was happy. Her eyes was blinking since we came to the bookstore.

I just followed her. She walked through the hall store and looked around the bookshelf.

She stopped at Self-improvement racks.

“So, this kind of book is my favourite, Oppa,” She told me happily.

I smiled. She seemed so happy while speaking about books.

“I know, girl like me, at my age, may not like this kind of book, but, I like it, a lot,” she chuckled.

I just starred at her, she was so beautiful when she laughed.

“Changmin oppa told me that I should read a romantic novel and that stuff,” she smiled. “But, he forgot, that he is the one who introduce me to this kind of book,” she chuckled.

I thought, his daughter loved reading books like her. No wonder why Seohyun loved books, his brother heritage that hobby to her.

“So, what kind of book do you like?” she asked me, smiling.

Damn, I don’t know, “Hm,” I lost my words.

“Yes?” Seohyun waited my answer.

“Actually, honestly, I don’t go to the bookstore regularly. I mean, I don’t go here so often, Seohyun-ah,” I sighed. Okay, I admitted that I didn’t go to bookstore so often and regularly like her. Because, I didn’t like books like her who loved book. I admitted that I didn’t usually read books, hahaha. I loves music? Yes. Books? Not really. I prefer playing guitar and composing than reading books.

Seohyun looked a bit disappointed but she immediately smiled, “It’s okay,”

“Sorry,” I sighed. “And I admitted that I don’t usually read books like you, Seohyun-ah. I just read our books for exams,” I sighed heavier.

She shook her head, “No, no problem, Yonghwa oppa. I understand it well. Not all of the people like reading so much, right? Everyone has their own hobby,” she smiled.

“But, I’m willing to read book,” I smiled. “Choose one for me,” I motioned to the racks of book.

“No, you don’t have to,” she rejected me.

“No, Seohyun-ah, it’s okay. Pick one!” I told her and patted her back.

“Really? Don’t pressure yourself,” she felt bad because she thought she pressured me to read books. But seriously, is there any harm for reading books? No. So, I want to read, it’s been a long time since I read books.

“It’s okay, Seohyun-ah, pick one, palli,” I told her and pulled her to pick the book.

She nodded at me as she seeked a book for me.

“This one?” she asked me as she brought a book in front of me.

“What is this about?” I asked her. In its cover, it’s written ‘How to Be a Better Person in Your Life’

“It’s about the way to make you a better person, in the present and in the future,” she explained me. She sounded happy, though.

“Oh, this one!” she took another book near and brought it to me.

“This is my favourite,” She smiled wider, her face was glowing. “It’s about Ban Ki-Moon, the UN leader from South Korea. He’s such a good inspiration for us. He was a great man,”

“So, it’s your favourite?” I asked her.

She nodded.

“So, I will read this one because its your favourite,” I told her and took that book. There was Ban Ki-moon photo as its cover.

She tooked some booked with her as she told me which book she had been read and what these book were about. Here I was. I felt lost in the bookstore. Really. But, since she was here and looked delightful, I just enjoyed listening to her saying about books. The way she talked, the way her eyes blinked as she talked about everything she liked, the way she smiled, she looked so pure and pretty.

She was indeed different than any girls I know.

When some girls invited me to hang out, she would pick a fancy restaurant, a mall, or famous amusement park, or even swimming pool. But today,  I was hanging out with a girl named Seohyun at a bookstored.

But the most important thing was I enjoyed being with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyun pov

I felt so bad to Yonghwa oppa. Although he didn’t tell me that he was so deperate at bookstore and tried to catch me who was happily finding some new books to read, I could feel his desperation.

I really appreciate his effort to read a self-improvement book and I still felt bad because of his feeling.

If he didn’t like going to bookstore, why did he asked me to accompany me?

Issh I just couldn’t understand his thought.

Then we were at cashier. I took the book at his hand.

“I will pay it for you,” I smiled at him.

“No,” he took the book back, he also took my books. “I will pay you,”

“Aish, no,” I insisted. “This is the first book I pick for you, so let me pay this.” Since, because of me he was lost in bookstore and even would read read a book I picked, I wanted to express my sorry and thank you by paying his book.

“No, Seohyun-ah,” he rejected politely. “If you want to express your sorry and thank you because I accompany you, just treat me a coffee some day, okay?”

Huh, how did he know my thought? Person who could know my thought were my parents, my brother Changmin oppa and some of my eonni at university.

“Eh? But still, let me pay my own book.” I tried to take my book back.

He smiled. “Okay then,”

“I will treat you a coffee later,” I said to him and he grinned.

“Thank you, Seohyun-ah,” he thanked me and patted my shoulder.

Then I payed my own books and he payed his book.

When we were walking to the parking lot. Suddenly, he stopped his walk.

“Seohyun, would you min if we go there for a while?” he asked me. He seemed doubtful for asking me. He pointed a music instrument store across the street.

“Sure,” I smiled. It’s been a while since I went to music store.

He looked happy, the opposite face when he entered bookstore.

I giggled.

In the store, he went straight to the guitar part and took one of them. He sturmmed it and played some short chords.

“Seohyun, come,” he motioned me to come. I walk to him.

“Do you know how to play guitar?” he asked me as he smiled.

“No,” I laughed.

“I will teach you someday,” he patted my hand.

“I would like to,” I smiled. It was fun learning a new thing.

He smiled at me and continued play some of the guitar.

“I want to buy one, but it’s too expensive,” he told me and pointed one of the guitar at the racks. It was a acoustic guitar, brown and looked nice. “I will save my money for it,” he smiled.

“That guitar is cool,” I said.

“Of course!” he chuckled. “The one who play guitar is so cool too, right?” he nudged me at my elbow.

I laughed.

I looked around the store and found a grand piano in the corner of the store.

I walked to it and sat on the piano’s sit.

I pressed some of its notes and the sound was good.

Then I played a part of Gee from SNSD.

Soon after finishing my play, Yonghwa and the store owner clapped their hand.

“So cool, Seohyun-ah!” Yonghwa clapped his hands happily and gave me two thumbs up.

I blushed.

“You are good at piano, Miss,” the owner added.

I believed my face was red now.

“Your boyfriend can play guitar and you are a good at piano, Miss, such a sweet couple,” the owner told us.

I freezed. I didn’t know what to say.

Yonghwa laughed awkwardly. So I laughed too.

“She is my friend, Sajangnim, not my girlfriend,” Yonghwa said to the owner and I nodded.

“Oh, you look good together, so I said that, sorry then,” the owner apologized.

“It’s okay, Sajangnim,” I said to him as I laughed.

Then we left the store.

Back to Yong’s car~~

“So, where is your home, Seohyun?” he asked me as he wore a seatbelt.

“It’s okay, I can take a bus,” I rejected him politely. I just felt worse then.

“No, don’t feel bad, I want  to drive you home.” He smiled as the engine.

He read my thought?

“Okay then,” I gave in. I told him my address and he typed it at his GPS.

In the way..

“You never tell me that you can play piano,” he started the conversation.

I chuckled, “Because you never ask me,” I joked around.

“Jasshik, Seo Joo Hyun,” he laughed. “You can joke around, huh?”

“Of course,” I praised my self. “I played piano since I was elementary school. It’s just one of my hobby.”

“You are interesting,”

“Eh?” I didn’t understand.

“Yes, you are interesting. You are pretty, smart and good at piano,” he glance at me and smiled.

I blushed crazily. “Thank you.”

He laughed, “Omo, your cheeks are red, Seohyun-ah,”

I touched my cheeks, “Really?”

He laughed more, “Yes, like a tomato,”

I was so shy now.

“But, it’s cute,” he told me.

Omo, he said it’s cute, “Don’t make my cheeks redder than this!” I slapped his hand lightly.

“Oh, it hurts, Seohyun-ah,” he rubbed his hand.

“Eh?” I surprised I thought it was a light slap, “Are you okay?” I rubbed his hand too. I felt so bad now.

“Yes, here, here and here,” he rubbed the other part of his hand.

He just pretended and I fell to his trapped, “Ish,” I slapped his shoulder, “You, jinjja!”

He laughed. “Ah, Seohyun-ah is so cute,”

“What?” I was upset.

“When you are upset, you are so cute,” he told me.

I glared at him, he kept glancing at me. I blushed so I looked outside the window.

“Just drive carefully,” I said to him.

“Arrasseo, Seohyunnie,” He laughed and it became silent.

But the atmosphere was good.

Although I knew him for a short time, I enjoyed be with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In front of  Seohyun’s house.

“So Seohyun, thank you for today,” Yonghwa told Seohyun and smiled.

“Aniyo, I should be the one who say thank you,” Seohyun smiled back. “Would you come to my house for a while?”

“No thank you, not today, but I would like to,” Yonghwa patted her shoulder. “Go, you should rest,”

“Ne, you too, oppa. Thank you so much,” I bowed a bit and said goodbye.

Suddenly, Yonghwa grabbed her hand, “Wait, may I know your phone number?”

Seohyun didn’t give any response.

“Just in case I need your help if I don’t understand this book,” Yonghwa said to her, he caught Seohyun confuse face.

“Of course,” She smiled and Yonghwa took his phone and gave it to Seohyun.

Seohyun typed her number.

“Here,” Seohyun gave back his phone and smiled.

“Now, you can go. Thank you,” Yonghwa told her as she walked to her house gate.

Yonghwa opened his car window, “It’s such a good day with you, Seohyun. I enjoy it a lot,”

Seohyun couldn’t help, she blushed, “Ne, thank you. It is nice to hang out with you,”

“Okay, go in, I go when you are in,” he motioned Seohyun to go in her house.

Seohyun nodded, “See you, drive carefully, Oppa,” she waved her hand and went in her house.

After Seohyun had gone, Yonghwa started the engine and go home.

At the night~~

Seohyun was reading her notes for tomorrow subject when suddenly her phone rang.

One message, she read.

From : 0234*******89

Im reading this book well, Seohyun.

Thank you today is a good day :))

-Yonghwa oppa-

Seohyun smiled and saved his number.

To : Yonghwa oppa

Good. You are such a good student kekekeke :p

Thank you. Me too. I had a great time :D

Several minutes later, her phone rang again.

From : Yonghwa Oppa

Kekeke I am always a good student :p

Don’t you go to sleep?

Seohyun smiled.

To: Yonghwa oppa

Really? Hehehe

Im going to sleep actually.

Sent.

She went to her bath room, washed her face and brushed her teeth.

When she came back at her bed, there was one message at her phone.

From : Yonghwa oppa

Okay then.

Good night :)

See you~^^

She couldn’t hold her smiled.

To : Yonghwa oppa

Ne, thank you.

Good night~~ :)

See you too~~

She layed at her bed as she smiled.

I had a good time today, she told herself as she hugged her pillow and went to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you for subscribing and commenting in this story :D

it's motivated me hehehe

btw I chose Changmin DBSK as Seohyun brother because Changmin such a good brother and look after Seohyun hehehe.

they are close as well. So I chose him.

 

Happy reading everyone~ :D