Chapter Four~

Why didn't I realize that you existed?

“Yah, Hyung, since when you start reading book?” Jungshin glanced at Yonghwa who sat beside him.

They were at their room, about having a practice for performance later. They were waiting for Jonghyun who was still busy with his classes.

Yonghwa glared at Jungshin and continued reading his book.

“Hyung, it’s because of her?” Minhyuk asked him as he played his drum.

Jungshin slapped Yonghwa’s shoulder, “Really, Hyung? Aigooo,” He shook his head.

“Wae?” Yonghwa rubbed his shoulder.

Minhyuk laughed. Seeing his leader who read book was ridiculous. He rarely read book, he just read his literally book for exam, and it just happen because of exam.

“She picked this book for me,” Yonghwa raised his book.

“You are really into her, Hyung,” Minhyuk commented.

Jungshin nodded, “What is her spell to make you reading book, Hyung? Even us, who know you for a long time can’t do that,”

“She has her charm, Jungshin-ah,” Minhyuk told him.

“I want to see her, then, who makes Yonghwa hyung like this,” Jungshin glanced at Yonghwa who still reading his book.

“I should read this part twice, guys. Please,  keep silent,” Yonghwa gave his dongsaengs a glare and the rest just nodded. They were scared if their leader told them in serious tone.

“Good. We just need to wait for Jonghyun,” Yonghwa told them and continued to read.

Jungshin came to Minhyuk and whispered, ‘Let’s see, how long Hyung will be into her,” Minhyuk nodded and gave a thumbs up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several days later, Yonghwa always sent Seohyun message every night.

Seohyun never be the first who sent it, it’s always Yonghwa. She was too shy to sent him a message first.

Sometimes they just talked about simple things like university, their hobby and their activity at that day. Although Yonghwa was busy with his band these days, he always made time for Seohyun. Seohyun was busy with university stuff and Yonghwa was busy with his band too. So, they didn’t see each other so often.

Yonghwa was happy because she seemed comfortable with him. She talked more now and told her about her day. Yonghwa was happy because he could know her better. He couldn’t stop smiling while texting or calling her. His bandmates also knew this and they just let his hyung, they are also happy that their Hyung was cheerful these days.

“I really wanted to meet her,” Jungshin once told Minhyuk and Jonghyun while Yonghwa was texting Seohyun when they were waiting for their time to perform.

“Me too. Who is that girl who could make uri hyung like this,” Jonghyun added.

Minhyuk smiled, “You will meet her someday. Don’t get too close with her, or Yonghwa hyung will kill you,” He joked around.

Jungshin glanced at Yonghwa, “Hyung is really into her,” He sighed.

In the other hand, Seohyun was hanging out with her friends. She still made time to replied Yonghwa message.

“Hyunnie,” Hyoyeon called her.

No respond.

“Hyunnie,” Hyoyeon called her louder.

Seohyun looked at her, closed her phone, “Yes, Eonni,”

“What are you doing?” Luna asked her.

“Just replying some message,” Seohyun smiled.

“From who?” Gayoon, her classmates, asked.

“Hmm, my friend,” Seohyun answered.

“Not Yonghwa, right?” Hyoyeon asked her with curiousity.

Seohyun gasped at first, “No, just friend, he is busy with his band,” she answered after calming her self.

“How do you know?” Gayoon asked her.

“You ever said to me that he was a leader and sometimes make hit. So maybe he is busy,” Seohyun tried to lie. She rarely lie.

“You don’t lie to me, do you, Seohyun-ah?” Hyoyeon asked her.

Seohyu gulped, “No, Eonni. Why should I lie?”

“Because he are worried if he will hurt you,” Gayoon answered her.

“He doesn’t hurt me.” Seohyun smiled, “We are just friend,” she added.

“Okay, but tell us if he does something bad to you,” Hyoyeon told her.

“Ne,” Seohyun nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One week later, at university library.

Yon pov

I was bored with classed so I skipped a class and came to the library because I didn’t know where to go. Some of classes had finished, I thought. I might meet any friends to talk.

When I went into the library and seeked for a seat and friend to talk, I saw Seohyun who was writing at her notes. I smiled and walked to her.

I tapped her shoulder from behind, “Seohyun,”

Seohyun was surprised and immediately looked behind her, “Oh,” She smiled, smiled that I longed for these days, “Hi, Oppa,”

I sat beside her, “Hi, Hyunnie,” I looked at her notes, she was doing her work, “What are you doing?”

“I just finished my work. How about you?”

“I’m bored, don’t have anyone to talk,” I pouted my lips. She laughed. “Wae?”

“You pouted, Oppa,” she told me as she still laughed. “Where is your bandmates?”

“Oh, they are busy, Seohyun, and my class just finished,” I lied.

“You are busy these days, how were your performances?”

“It’s great, we were happy we can performed in front of many people, they listened to our song, sang together with us,” I smiled remembering our performance.

“I would like to see it,” She said.

I grinned, “Really? Then, you should come!” I was so happy she wanted to see our performance.

“Sometimes I will come, of course,”

“We are going to perform next weekend, please, come?” I gave her my puppy smile.

“I don’t know, Oppa, lets see it later,” She smiled. “But I will make time for it,”

“Good, I really want you to come,” I pleaded.

“I will come, okay?”

“Really?”

“Yes~” she laughed. “But, today, let me treat you coffee as I promised you before,” She packed her stuffs.

“Great! Lets go!” I pulled her by her wrist and walked out the library.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the café

We went to a café not so far from the university. On the way she talked about her assignment that made her busy and her friends who she liked to hang out together. I told her about our performances, how I made time for reading books. She really appreciated it.

“Seohyun, what do you want to drink?” I asked her as we read the menu book.

“Hmm, let me see,” she pouted and read the menu one by one, “Goguma milkshake!” she said as she clapped her hand cutely.

“Do you like goguma?” I asked her.

She nodded. “A lot, my friend once told me that I should marry an owner of goguma field,” she giggled.

I laughed. “I ordered an iced cappuccino,”

The waiters wrote our order and went to the bar.

“Do you like reading coffee?” she asked me.

“Yes. If I have to stay awake until midnight, coffee really helps me,” I chuckled.

Her face changed, “It’s not good for your health,”

I smiled she thought about my health, I was glad, “I know, thank you for reminding me,”

“You should drink it less,” She told me.

I nodded, “I will, don’t worry, Seohyun-ah,”

Then the waiters came and gave our drinks, we thanked him.

She drank her goguma milkshake, “Hmm,” she smiled.

“Hmm,” I imitated her tone.

She laughed.

“How is it?” I asked her.

“Really good, because it’s goguma” she smiled wider and drank her drink again. “How about your cappuccino?”

“It tastes good, wanna drink it?” I offered her.

“No, thank you, goguma is better,” she chuckled.

Suddenly..

“Oppa~~~!” somebody called me.

I looked around and saw Hara approaching me. Damn, what is she doing here?

“Oppa, how are you?” she greeted me happily and tried to hug me.

I was struggling and didn’t want her hug me.

“Wae, Oppa?” she was confused.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her harshly.

“Why are you so mad?” She pouted. I glanced at Seohyun who was starring at us without uttering any word. “I just want to greet you,” she clinged in my hand. I pushed her.

“Wae Oppa?” She was upset I could see it. “What are you doing here with this girl?” She looked at Seohyun intimidating her.

“It’s not your business, Hara, go!” I was worried of Seohyun.

“Because of this nerd girl you broke up with me?”

“What do you mean? We are over for a long time,” I held my anger. Hara was really annoying now. I felt bad for Seohyun.

Seohyun just kept silent. Some costumers in the café looked at us. I could felt Seohyun didn’t like this kind of attention.

“You broke up with me because of this nerd girl. She isn’t more beautiful as me. I am ier than her! I am a lot better than her! She’s just a nerd girl!”

“What did you say?” I couldn’t hold my anger anymore.

I was going to slap her when a hand stopped me.

It was Seohyun.

“Oppa, don’t,” Seohyun told me softly.

“But, she talked bad about you,” I insisted.

“Let her be, just don’t hurt girl,” she told me still holding my hand.

I put my hand down, she smiled. I just couldn’t understand her, Hara talked bad about her in front of a lot of people, but she stopped me to give her a punishment.

Hara laughed rudely,”Huh? Trying to look pure, nerd girl?”

I just wanted to slap her but Seohyun held my hand again.

“Miss, I don’t know you, I don’t know what kind of relationship you had with Yonghwa oppa. I believe I don’t do anything bad to you, so don’t please talk bad about me,” Seohyun told her seriously. I was shocked seeing this side of Seohyun.

“You just don’t know who the real Yonghwa, girl,”

“True. I don’t know his real personality. But I believe that he is a good person, he doesn’t talk bad about anyone like you,” She even defended me.

Hara looked holding her anger. Her face was red.

“Lets go, oppa,” she took some cash and put it in the table then pulled me out of the café.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I am so sorry, Seohyun-ah,” I apologized to her when we were in my car.

I really meant it. Hara ruined everything. Today should be a good day to spend with her since I didn’t see her for a while.

She smiled, “No, it’s not something you should apologized, Oppa,”

“But, it’s my fault,” I sighed.

“No, how can it be your fault?” She asked me still smiling.

“Because…”

“It’s nothing, lets just forget it,” She assured me.

“Seohyun,” it made me feel worse.

“It’s okay,” She patted my hand.

“You are not nerd like she said. You are so pretty, smart and pure. Don’t think about her saying, okay? Don’t let it hurt you,”

She smiled, “It’s okay,”

I looked straight into her beautiful eyes, “You are different. You are special. Remember that,” I told her sincerely.

She blushed. I swore her face was red as tomato. Then she avoid my eyes and looked outside the window.

“Now, let me drive you home,” I said and she just nodded.

I really really meant it.

She was special for me.