In The Summer: "Return The Favor"

In The Summer

In The Summer: "Return The Favor"

 
I don't have a serious case of allergies. 
 
Well, except for almonds.
I hate almonds. They kill me.
I've never eaten almonds ever since I was five.  
That was the first and the last time I ate that .
Mom brought me to the doctors and we found out that I'm actually 
allergic to almonds.
 
Now I don't understand why I'm having these allergy attacks.
 
I check everything I eat. I don't just eat anything that a stranger gives me.
 
 
 
Okay that's a complete bull and a total lie. I love food. I eat anything that's free.
 
**
 
Earlier..
 
"Hi there."
A little kid with a bob cut hair, maybe around five or six came to me while Dongwoo and I are shopping for souvenirs.
"Hey, what's your name?"
I squat slightly to her height and smiled at her.
"My name is Lisa." She said, smiling cheekily at me.
"Oh hi Lisa." Did I mention she's not Korean?
"You have really beautiful blue eyes!" I complimented.
"Oh, thank you. What's your name?" She asked in her small but squeaky voice.
"My name's Yaelin." I said.
"D'you live here?"
"Uh, no. My man and I are having our vacation with our friends." I replied.
 
Her next action kind of surprised me. She held the tip of my hair and twirled its ends while smiling.
I just stared at her and listened to her, humming a random song while she continues to twirl my hair.
 
"Yaelin?" She called my name.  
I was quite taken a back that she didn't call me "eonni" though.
But whatever, she's not Korean anyway. So it's okay.
"Yes sweety?"
"You have really nice long hair."
She smiled, one that's a bit weird, but I didn't mind it.
 
"Why thank you. Your hair's pretty nice too."
I looked around for Dongwoo but he's nowhere near my sight.
I wasn't wearing my contacts so, boo-hoo.
"You know, not everyone's as lucky as you.."
 
"I'm sorry?" I looked at her, and actually had the creeps when her face seems so emotionless already.
"Cause I'm giving you a treat." She opened her sling bag and got something inside it.
A brownie. She gave it to me and I smiled.
"Thank you Lisa." I said, trying to fight off the weird feeling that's clouding up inside me.
I took the brownie from the little girl and gave her cheek a small peck.
"You're welcome. I hope you enjoy that brownie. My mom made it this morning."
"Really? This is very nice of you." I said.
"Well I'm only nice to a few people." She replied.
"Oh, why is that?" I asked, this kid is really something.
"Cause not all people are nic--"
 
"YAELIN!"
 
I turned around and saw my man heading towards my direction. I smiled at him and waved. 
"Where have you been?" He asked, "I've been looking all over for you!"
I furrowed my brows, "I should be asking you that question. You left me here and told me that you were just going to check something in there. Anyway, I'd like you to meet my little friend--"
 
I looked down and noticed that Lisa's no longer beside me.
 
"Well that's weird. She must've gone somewhere already."
 
Dongwoo held my hand and pulled me with him,
"Let's just go. I saw tons of weird stuff in there I'm sure you'll love 'em!"
I chuckled at him, "Okay, but I have to taste this first cause this looks really good." I said, unwrapping the brownie in the process.
 
Holy angels, the heavens made the little brownie!
 
**
 
"Are you sure you didn't eat anything that could cause you allergies?!"
Dongwoo asked for the umpteenth time today.
 
I swear if he ever asks again, I'm gonna lock myself in the bathroom and never go out.
"I'm not sure." I sighed,  "The last thing I ate was the..."
 
He raised one brow and stared at me. "What?"
"."
"You ate ?"
"No! The brownie that the little kid gave me in the souvenir shop!" I said, face-palming after.
"That must be it then. Ah, that's your fault for being such a glutton!" He said ruffling my hair.
 
I burried my face in the pillows and made a dying seal sound.
I heard Dongwoo's laugh and that made me even more irritated.
"Can you not?!"
 
"What? It's hard not to laugh. I mean look at you, you look like a strawberry!"
He said, having another fit of laughter.
I smacked him with a pillow on the face, tumbling on top of him in the process.
"I hate you!"
"No you don't." He smirked and pecked my chin.
 
"That just made me a thousand times better." I said and smiled while he removes the hair that's been covering my face.
"I always make you feel better."
 
"Yes, that's why you're not allowed to leave me. Ever." I said in a threatening but joking tone.
"Not that I'm planning to," he chuckled, "But, god forbid, what if I did?"
"I will cut you."
 
"I don't wanna die, so, no." He said and pulled me for a tight hug that I gladly returned.
 
**
 
Mission Number Two: Accomplished.
 
 
 
 
 
 
**
Updating cause it's my birthday on the 29th. Happy birthday self! Hihi. Tell me what you guys think of this chapter. Thank you new subscribers! Leave a comment :)
 
Oh, and you can actually follow me on my twitter account and bug me there with my updates. Haha. Just in case you think it's already taking me too long.
 
thanks everyone!
- CES