In The Summer: "Anna Maria"

In The Summer

 

In The Summer: "Anna Maria"
 
"Why'd you follow them here in the first place when you.."
He sighed.  "..we both know it's pointless?"
I pinched the bridge of my nose and heaved out a frustrated groan.
He's starting to get on my nerves, really.
"I didn't ask you to come with me, you followed me all the way here and that's your choice." I snapped.
"Can you not lecture me about this? I know exactly what I'm doing!" I added.
 
"Oh you do? So you know that this is stupid?"
 
"It's not stupid, okay?! Stop telling me what to do and what not!"
 
"Fine." He yelled.
"But if something happens to you, I won't save your .
Go get your self prepared for the consequences that this will bring you."
 
"I don't care. It's not like I didn't plant these things carefully. And unlike you, I'm not a coward."
 
**
 
I ran to where they are and sat behind Dongwoo, hugging his shoulders and giving him a peck on his cheeks. He side- glanced at me and smiled. "Hey, so where are the mallows?"
I brought out the pack of mallows that we'll toast for the night while sitting 'round the bonfire.
 
Hyunah squealed in delight upon seeing the mallows, grabbing the pack from me in the process. "Mallows time!" She beamed.
"Alright, let's do this.." Hoya said, poking his stick on two mallows and toasting them after.
We all sat there in silence, but not the uncomfortable one.
It's the kind of silence that you usually enjoy with your friends.
 
"So.." Jihyun started, "in two weeks, some of us are already going to start in their first day of class.." She looked up at us and smiled. "I'm kind of getting excited." She added.
 
"I am too.." Sungyeol agreed. "I can't believe I'm going to college."
 
"I can't believe you passed." L snorted and we all chuckled. He earned a smack behind his head though.
 
"We'll kind of get seperated after this short vacation.." Hoya said. "So I say, let's make the most out of it."
 
"I agree." I said. "And we should start with.." I brought out the huge water gun behind me,
"THIS!"
and then I started spraying them all.
 
They all stood up and ran for the sake of their dry clothes while I chased them laughing to myself.
 
"You didn't think that you're the only one who has that, right?"
I turned around and got sprayed in the face by Sohyun who was grinning.
 
"Hey, no fair! We should be teaming up and and chasing them together!" I said and laughed.
"Right!" She said and gave me a high-five which I returned.
"Let's go get them!"
 
Sohyun and I ran around chasing our friends while they all screamed at us.
 
"Dongwoo hyung, I'm gonna get your girlfriend for this!! THIS IS MY FAVORITE SHIRT!!" Sungyeol yelled.
 
"HOLY-- I SMELL DISGUSTING!!" Dongwoo shouted as he ran.
 
"You always do!" I snorted and earned a glare from him.
 
Did I say that the water gun I'm holding is filled with water and soy sauce?
 
**
 
Well, after the chaos Sohyun and I enjoyed, we all settled for star gazing by the sea.
And I must say, it would definitely be one of my favorite things to do from now on. 
 
The night sky is filled with so many stars that
I have to remind myself to close my mouth everytime I'd look up.
It looks breath- taking, and I can't fight grinning like a fool while staring at the stars.
Well, I'm sure I'm not the only one. I caught Sunggyu wiping the side of his his lips and chuckled.
 
"What's so funny?" Dongwoo asked.
I pressed my back on his chest and he tightened his grip around my waist,
"Sunggyu is drooling." I whispered and he chortled.
"Can't blame him though, it's beautiful.." He said.
 
I looked up at him and saw him staring at me.
"Are you talking about the stars?"
"Uh, yes. But the star I'm taking about right now is right infront of me."
He smiled and I blushed. Yes,
no matter how many times he give me compliments, I'd still turn crimson.
 
"When we.. When we go into college, do you think we'd still be this close?" I asked hesitantly.
He furrowed his brows and rested his chin on my shoulder,
"You know, the distance is not really a big deal. I have a car. I can drive. I have a phone, I can call you 
anytime." He said.
"But.. it won't be the same anymore." I looked down and bit my lower lip.
 
"There's no need for you to worry." He added and pecked my cheeks.
I must say, every reassuring word that comes out from Dongwoo makes me feel better.
"It doesn't matter how far you will be." He said after a sigh,
 
"The stars will always remind me of you, you know? And I hope they also remind you of me.
So that everytime we're not together, you'd just look up the stars and you'll see me."
I smiled, looking up at the stars, "But there's countless of them."
 
"Then they shall remind you that my love for you is countless."
He said. I turned a bit to face him and gave him a quick kiss.
 
"Love you, dino."
"Love you too, weirdo."
 
**
 
 
 
Hey you, don't just sit there and read! Leave a comment and subscribe :)
Your thoughts matter to me and honestly, I kind of get frustrated not knowing what you think of my story.
Don't take it the wrong way though :) It just bugs me sometimes and makes me wonder.
So.. What do you think?

Have a nice day!
Love,
CES :D