TWO

You Need Two

 

“Hyung! What the hell was that?!” Kwangmin yelled at Youngmin as he pushed the boy against the wall.

“All I said is that I’m dating her.” Youngmin calmly stated.

“But hyung! You don’t get it!” Kwangmin yelled. “I’m her boyfriend!”

 

Youngmin knew that. He knew that the two of them looked amazing together. He knew that the two of them were in love. But Youngmin also knew that he was in love.

 

“Kwangmin! It seems like you don’t get it!” Youngmin yelled back. Kwangmin flinched. “I love her! I loved her longer and stronger than you!”

Kwangmin simply sighed. “Hyung. I know that you love my girlfriend. The thing is…” Kwangmin said as he paused. “In love, there needs tobe two.”

Youngmin felt his eyes water. What the hell was he doing? Getting between two people who are obviously in love.

 

At the same time. He was happy.

 

Youngmin is the ideal older brother. He always let the younger one get what he wants. But for once. He stood up for himself.

 

“Then I’ll make her fall in love with me.” Youngmin said proudly.

“Hyung! She’s my girlfriend. You can’t!”

“If she’s really your girlfriend, she won’t fall out of love with you.” He said in a matter of fact voice.

Kwangmin was for a loss of words. He then nodded.

 

The two of them were brothers, at the same time rivals.

 

Haemi was in her bed. Her body was full of sweat. Just from that action, she remembered.

 


 

“Kwangminnie!” Haemi yelled.

“What?” He replied.

“Look!!” She screamed as she pointed at the snake that found it’s way to her.

Kwangmin started to laugh at her. She continued to scream.

“Help!” She screamed as she jumped onto his back.

 

Kwangmin piggybacked her as he walked to a non-snake place. He gently placed her on a bench. He looked at Haemi. Her eyes were tinted with red.

 

He kissed the top of her head.

 

“Haemi, sorry I laughed.”

All she replied was with a sniffle.

“I really am.” He said softly.

 

Kwangmin grabbed her hand and gently rubbed it with his finger. “I love you.” He whispered.

“I love you more.” She replied.


 

What the heck? Isn’t she dating Youngmin? Why was she saying I love you to Kwangmin? And why was he saying it to her? Hundreds of questions flooded her mind.

 

It made her head hurt. It started to pound. She closed her eyes and tried to forget. Don’t think about the past. Right now, it’s the present.

 

Youngmin woke up early. He had no school. His brother was at a Pokémon convention. His parents were just out of the house. He was alone.

The thought alone, it made him think about Haemi, wasn’t she alone in the hospital. A place like death, a place of pure white.

 

He dragged himself out of bed and grinned. He grabbed a change of clothes and stepped into the washroom.

 

Haemi was alone. She laid on the bed and looked up to the ceiling. White, white and more white.

She hated being alone. She didn’t want to be here. She wanted to go home.. wherever that was.

 

Since she woke up only the twins had visited her. Her parents had never visited her once. She would ask the nurses if they had been there while she was asleep. No.

 

She thought about the two twins. One was brown haired. He seemed to be caring and serious. The other was blonde. He looked like he was very sweet and reckless.

 

Haemi thought about it. She would rather date caring and serious over sweet and reckless. Why would she like Youngmin? In her eyes Kwangmin was the better choice.

 

Another thought popped up. How does she know them? The two of them look like they could be idols. How would they know someone like me?

 

Haemi looked at herself in the mirror. Mid back black hair, side bangs, pasty white face. She looked so.. average. If you see two good looking twins with amazing personalities; that’s when you’re special.

Haemi’s head started to throb. She can’t think about complicated things. She can just lie there. She started to close her eyes. Time to sleep.. again she sarcastically remarked.

 

“Annyeong..” A timid voice interrupted her from her thoughts.

 

Kwangmin.

 

Haemi opened her eyes to see Youngmin standing at her door holding a plastic bag with a grin painted onto his face.