ONE

You Need Two

 

I looked around the room. It was white. Just white. Am I dead? I closed my eyes, ready to take the pain or the actual death that would fall onto me. Nothing.

I tried to pry my eyes open. My brain said no, my heart said yes. I opened my eyes to see two boys. Their faces were the same. They looked the same. Their hair was different. One was blonde the other had brown hair.

“Haemi you’re okay!” The blonde happily exclaimed as he grabbed me into his arms.

I tried pulling away from the stranger. His grip was firm yet soft.

“Yah! Hyung! You’re scaring her!” The brown headed boy said to the other.

“Shut up!” The other one screamed at the brown headed boy, of course with a hint of joking.

I opened my mouth but nothing came out.

The brown headed boy seemed to actually notice that I was uncomfortable.

 

“Hyung! Stop you’re making Haemi upset!”

“So?!” There was pause. “I’m just so happy that you’re okay.

 

“E-excuse me..?” I said. My fragile voice ringing around the room.

“Yes?” The blonde asked.

 

“Who are you?” I ask confused.

 

There was an awkward silence forming in the room. The two boys looked at each other then sighed.

 

“I’m Jo Kwangmin.” The brown haired boy said with a hint of desperation in his voice. “I’m your—“

“I’m Jo Youngmin! Your boyfriend!” The blonde happily said.

 

What? I have a boyfriend? Is this really the reality I live in?

 

Kwangmin looked at the ground. His eyes were hard. I felt something tug in my chest. I reached my hand to him, to see if he was okay. Until I felt a warm sensation on my hand.

I looked up to see Youngmin, who was now my boyfriend, grabbing my hands. He gently rubbed my hand with his thumb.

I felt a pain in my head. It felt as if someone smashed a pipe into my head. I instantly out.

 

Kwangmin was in a world of his own. The fact that Haemi couldn’t remember who he and his brother was. It was pretty shocking. The three of them grew up together after all.

He kept quiet since the announcement was made. He heard a thud. He looked over to Haemi to see her fall into the arms of her brother.

A pang of jealousy filled him. He forced his body to move and take Haemi into his arms. He gently laid her onto the hospital bed. He pulled the covers over her. He lightly brushed the hair out of the way.

 

Youngmin looked at the way Kwangmin looked at Haemi. He felt guilty. He wanted to chuck himself out of a window. Then he remembered, he finally had her.

 

It didn’t matter if he technically stole her. It’s not like she remembers, right? He thinks that way, yet his brain is telling him don’t lie. Do the right thing. His heart was telling him an entirely different story, Just do it. He did the cheesiest thing he could ever say, I followed my heart.

 

Haemi was finally sleeping in her bed. The twins were told that visiting hours were over. The two of them stepped out of the room.

 

“Hyung! What the hell was that?!”