U & I

ONLY YOU ♥♥♥

            A sweet taste greeted me “Good Morning!” I willfully and happily opened my lids as she smooched on my sleeping lips. “Good Morning my Eunji…” then, she again greeted me with an enchanting smile. “I’m seeing an angel with a beautiful smile. ARGH!!! I’m dying…” then I played dead.

            “Minhyuk-ah… get up now… let’s eat breakfast.” She pulled my left arm. “Kiss me first…” pouting to reach her lips, she then stood up. “Just one more…” desperate to gain victory, I even lifted my upper limb still with a pout but she just pressed her finger against my forehead. “Kiss your face!” she chuckled.

            She left and so I got up. Running after her I settled my arm across her shoulder as we went downstairs.

            “Good Morning…” someone greeted from the kitchen.

            “Good Morning auntie…” it’s her mom who just arrived from her work at the hospital. We took our seats --- her mom on the head seat and me… seated beside Eunji…

            “Have you slept comfortably?” she ate her first scoop.

            “Yes auntie.” And me and Eunji looked at each other with smiles on our faces.

            Eating together with my love and her mom is really refreshing. Since I started my career, eating with them became a once in a blue moon phenomenon. Sometimes, I think twice about pursuing my career ‘cause I wanted to be with her every day, every hour and every minute… but this is what I dreamed of since I was young. Good thing my career and Eunji didn’t collide that hard. Though at times these two conflict each other… it doesn’t take too long for me to fix the crumpled portion. But how long can I stand fixing the future conflicts? Can I handle everything and lose nothing? What about if that time comes and I have to choose between the two? What will I choose? This is my greatest dream but she is my life… this is my way of developing myself but she is the reason why I want to be developed.

            “I have to rest now.” Her mom went upstairs to finally take a rest.

            “I also have to leave now… they are waiting.” I bid farewell.

---------------------------------------------------------------

            “You enjoyed your stay on her place, right?!” manager welcomed me with such words while holding a cup of coffee in his hands. Greeting him with respect, I bowed my head getting ready for his anger for disobeying him and rejecting his calls.

            “Oh! really, why am I asking this?!?” He uttered in sarcasm. “Your tight, romantic embrace had already proved it!” he reached for the newspaper in front of him and threw it on my feet. “You know you’re not anybody! You know you’re an idol and your image is very important to the discerning eyes of the public. This group is just starting in this industry that’s why I’m not allowing anyone of you to broadcast your current status, especially you knowing that you are in a relationship!” startled by his words, I picked the newspaper and found out that we’ve been caught embracing each other under the pouring rain.

            “Isn’t it enough for you that I had allowed your relationship with Eunji to pursue that you really have to show it to the public?! Aren’t you thinking?! You’re displaying our affection to he public?!” I was left frozen. From the start, my relationship with Eunji is known to my manager and to my co-members… but not to the fans and our agency itself. Manager allowed me with this providing that I must keep it private… really private to the point that I considered it as a secret to the supporting populace.

            “What now?! What will your fans feel about it?! And the agency… this will cost too much not only to you but also to me and the whole group!” he robustly stood up and paced near me. “You didn’t use this!” simultaneously, with his mad statement, he dipped his finger onto my head and afterwards, left me at the living room.

            Being confused and woebegone, I helplessly sat on the sofa still holding the newspaper with that picture and a caption stating … “ A New Idol’s Secret Love Revealed!”

--------------------------------------------

            It’s been two days since that news stuck the knowledge of the public.. and just like yesterday, the whole day ran so slow with various misconceptions, speculations and reactions coming from different views of numerous mouths. I locked myself thinking of what should I do… the other members were starting to feel the impact of my irresponsible and selfish act. They were disturbed by my carelessness. They were being asked by the fans and the media. The agency was also experiencing trouble ‘cause of me.

            “This must be ceased!” I made up my mind. “I’ll let the public know what they wanted to know… I’ll tell them what I ought to admit since the start. I’ll fix this issue not by covering it with another fallacy but by the means of stating the truth.” I don’t care if I lose whatever I have right now… all of these will surely fade as time pass by, as my stardom’s shining light became dim… I know someday these material things will leave me… but Eunji will never do that… she will stay beside me through whatever. So I rather be with someone who’ll hold my hand in spite the raucous road we’ll undergo… Yes! This is what I should do, what I needed to do and what I wanted to do! This is what I must do --- to fight for me and Eunji.

----------------------------------------

 

            Ready to tell her my plan, I knocked on the door with eagerness to end this conflict. I heeded on her as she unlocked the door for me. In her eyes and composure, she was a picture of a worried lady --- a bothered and hurt one. But I know, as she heard my plan, she’ll put that smile again… I know, whatever burden she’s feeling right now will disappear.

            She headed to the sofa and I enthusiastically followed her --- my plan can’t wait any longer and so I declared it even if we haven’t seated yet.

            “Eunji-ah…I want to end this…” she paused from walking.

            “Me too… I want to… I want to end this now.” She uttered the same. However, I felt something strange --- a fear perhaps… but what for?!

            Unhastily, she turned her head at me with her serious eyes which aggravated the strange feeling in me.