IRRESISTIBLE LIPS

ONLY YOU ♥♥♥

 

            This day is about to end. Looking at the clock, ten minutes more and another day will begin. Ten minutes more… yet he hasn’t called me. “ Lee Minhyuk, if you miss this day, you’ll be dead!”

            These past few months, our relationship had gone through several trials since he started his career. And now, I can feel that it is unto a critical condition. His hectic schedule made it this critical that I have to wait until late evening just to hear his voice. Although I can see him almost everyday on various t.v. shows and magazines, I still long to see him personally. I miss him so much. I miss to hold his hands, to hug him and to kiss him. And I hate this feeling. It’s killing m to just stay here and wait for him to shower a percent of his attention on me.

            “Krrrriiiinggg…” hearing the first ring, I immediately grabbed my phone. “I miss you!” I divulged.

            “Hey! Shin Eunji, it’s me… Jae Won. I bet you’re waiting for his call right?”

            “No… not really.” Although it’s obvious… “anyway, what is it?!”

            “…I just wanted to ask if you’ll be attending the grand ball? That will be the last event for our school year. So I guess, you must come.”

            “hmmmm… I don’t know yet, I’ll just inform you if I got my final decision. I dropped the line. I thought that was him. I lost the enthusiasm I had upon hearing the phone ringing. I sighed and turned my body sideward and imagined him by my side.

------------------------------

            I was sick then and alone. I was really sick that I can’t stand on my own. I hadn’t eaten anything yet and drank no medicine too. Then, I had fallen asleep. And as I woke up, a phone call from him greeted me.

            “Eunji!” he called me with his worried voice. “Where are you? I’d been calling and texting you for an hour yet you haven’t answered any of them. I’m worried now.” His concern lessened  my qualm. His voice made me smile. It was hard for me to speak but I still answered him.                                                      

            “I’m at home…” after stating that, a cough made it harder for me to utter more words.

            “Are you sick? Wait for me there, okay?”

            “You still have class right?” but he didn’t answer me and dropped the line.

            My head suffered from a severe pain and I felt dizzy. I tried to stay awake but because of my headache, my eyes surrendered and fell asleep again.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­----------------------------------

            I was awakened as I felt something cold on my forehead. Slowly, I opened my eyes and with a blurry vision, I heeded Minhyuk. He was seated on my bed, still wearing his school uniform.

            “Did I wake you up?” He brushed my hair while staring at me. I shook my head a bit and smiled.

            “If every time I open my eyes, it will be you to fill my sight, then I’ll abuse waking up every now and then.” 

            His fingers gave a pinch on my pale lips.

            “What was that for?” I asked with a childish tone.

            “Nothing…”

            “I doubt! I know you Lee Minhyuk.” He is fond of pinching my lips every time he can’t kiss me.

            Suspiciously, I took a stare of him. “Wanna kiss me but you can’t? Why?Cause I haven’t bus my teeth yet?!” he chuckled.

            “What’s so funny huh?”

            “You still have that morning glory in your eyes.” He laughed even more. He played a mock on me. I’m actually waiting for any romantic move from him and not to be treated as his clown to laugh at.

            I felt annoyed with it. “Leave now, you can still attend your next class. Go!” I pushed him out the house with my words. Afterwards,  I turned my head to the side where I can’t see him. Feeling his seat moved a little and hearing the door opened, I can say he left.

            ‘He really left. I thought he came here to take good care of me. Better if he hasn’t been here!’ I was really irritated that I forgot I was also sick at that time… so irritated that I also that I haven’t eaten anything yet. Then my stomach signaled me of being hungry.  It sounded like a growling tiger waiting to be fed. In that case, I tried to gain strength to stand. Too good Minhyuk’s presence seemingly charged me although he just left me that soon.

            Slowly, I took my way toward the door. Reaching for the door knob…  it opened. I was in wonder cause I haven’t held the knob yet. Before the door had fully opened, I saw him carrying a tray with a bowl and glass on it.

            “What …?!” he entered my room and placed the tray on the table near my bed.

            “I know you’re hungry I prepared a simple dish… but it’s not really good. I’m not into cooking, I hope you understand.

            “I’m not hungry.” Still annoyed with him, I opposed him. But deep inside, my heart was happy to see him and know that he hadn’t left me that soon. Moreover, to know that he had cooked something for me although he’s not really into that, I was touched.

            “Eunji-ah…” he came near me

            “I’m not hungry, can’t you hear that?” I pretended to be mad at him but my pretension didn’t last that long as my stomach sounded like a growling tiger once more. He tittered shyly. Maybe this time, he’s becoming more careful and sensitive with what will I feel.

            “Yes, I heard that.” He stated, but I guess he’s pertaining to that sound and not to my statement. He carried me just like what a newly-wed couple did. He made me sit on bed. Afterwards, he panted as if catching his breath. “You’re heavy!”

            ‘What did he say? He’s really teasing me! He was seated again on my bed now with the bowl of porridge in his hands.

            “Eat this.” He scooped the porridge and held it near my mouth. Refusing his service, I turned my head away from him.

            “Eunji, just eat this…don’t act like a hard-headed young girl.” Upon hearing that ‘hard-headed’ my anger was heightened.

            “Hard-headed?!? I didn’t asked you to come here! So, don’t call me …” he lingered my pale lips  with his red lips with his eyes closed. Maybe that was a two or three second kiss that ceased my notion.

            “Just eat this, if you’ll not follow me, I’ll do that again.” He warned me. For the second time, he tried to feed me with his self-cooked porridge.

            “I… don’t like!” and he caught my lips again.

            As he pulled his lips away, he smiled and placed the bowl back on the tray.

            “You don’t need to be angry at me… I love you in spite your heaviness and morning glory…”

            “I’m not heavy !!!” I interjected but he cut me with his finger pressed against my lips.

            “Ssssshhhh… I’m not done yet…” relatively, he erased the spaces between our faces. “…and I’ll kiss you with or without you teeth being brushed… just like this…” For the third time, he made me feel his love. He came close---really close that I can feel his body pushing mine to the edge of the bed. Wrapping me with his arms, the kiss became solidified. By that time, I was carried away and gave in within his affectionate circle. Falling into a romantic paradise with him, I shut my eyes and felt his heartbeat as I gently ran my right palm through his chest. That was not like the first and second time he gave me a casual kiss. That was a kind of kiss taking me to heart how much I really mean to him. That kiss slipped away my anger and conquered my heart with an unexplainable state of being satisfied. That was actually a hot connection, hotter that my fever--- my fever that I felt gradually escaping my body.

            “So… are we ok now?” he asked after our lips parted. I nodded. He gently and slowly ran his finger on my lips. “I love you”, then he pouted like a cute little angel.

            A smile of blessedness was drawn on my face. Within a wink, I hugged him with my arms surrounding his neck. “I’m sorry for acting like a child. I’m sorry for getting mad easily.”

            “I’m getting used to it.” I released him and pouted on front of him just like a pitiful child.

            “Oh! I remember…” he at an instant… kissed me. “that was your punishment for not telling me that you’re ill.” I walloped him. “Yah! Lee Minhyuk! You’re too much!” he laughed and stood u p and got the bowl of porridge.

            “So, I guess… you’ll eat tis now.”

            “I’m scared my stomach might not accept that.”

            “Ah--- you want another kiss?!”

            “Stop!!! I’ll eat that.” Personally I scooped the porridge and taste it. Well, it’s not really bad. He still granted justice on it. I continued eating until the bowl was emptied. He touched my forehead to palpate if my fever was lessened.

            “You’re better now.”

            “Well, I guess, it’s because my nurse is a good one and besides, I received too much vitamins from him.”

-----------------------------------------------------------

            The clock had just started another day.  “Fine! I’ll sleep now!” I hugged the stuff toy he gave me. ‘Let me hug you tight … and I hope this hug will reach him wherever he is.’ Covering my face with the pillow he also gave me, I closed my eyes aiming to rest.

            “Kring… Kring …. Kring …” I tried to feel my phone through my hand roaming on bed. I searched for it without paying a look on it.

            “Who is it?” my low voice asked.

            “Eunji-ah…” that voice… “I’m sorry if I called too late for this day. We performed at the…”

            “Stop! I don’t want to hear any explanations…” he must be thinking I’m mad at him.

            “Mianhe Eun..”

            “Saranghae.” Whispering those words I longed to tell him, a tear fell from my eye. At first, I admit I was a little a bit mad but I don’t want to waste this moment with a quarrel. With his busy schedule, I must be happy that he caught time to communicate with me. I heard a deep sigh from him.

            “I’m relieved now. Thank you for understanding.” But how long can I hold onto this patience? How long can I be able to understand his work? Will this relation wok despite this kind of connection? No one knows… neither me nor him… we don’t know when will this relationship reach its end.

            “Nado saranghae… jeongmal saranghae. I love you more than anything or anyone else and I’m loving you more for understanding me.” His words addressing his affection are enough to halt me from asking myself more.

            “Let’s meet tomorrow. It is a must!” he firmly stated. “I can no longer take another day without seeing you my Eunji. Bogoshipda!” a pinch in my heart made my eyes release some more tears. Feeling the same, I wasn’t able to utter more words.

            “I’ll be at your place. We’ll be arriving 6 in the evening at the airport and expect me to be there in your place at 7.” Do you agree?”

            “Just come…or else…”

            “I will definitely come. And as I see you, I will hug you tightly. I love you very much.” Then he kissed me through the phone--- a countless kiss it had been.

            “Minhyuk, you’ll be early tomorrow.” A voice from his line told him and I know that was their manager.

            “Eunji-ah, wait for me tomorrow… no matter what… I will be there.” He affirmed.

            “I know…you need to rest now… I’ll be waiting… annyeong.” The conversation ended.

----------------------------------------------------