WHEN A MAN FALLS IN LOVE

ONLY YOU ♥♥♥

“Everything is set! I’m sure he will be happy to see these foods--- his favorite ones. For sure, he has no enough time to eat well and fill his stomach with his very own favorite dishes… then, these foods, I personally prepared just for him will serve as his reward for working so hard. He deserves all these after a tiring week out of the country, he must be eager to have a relaxing and fulfilling moment with me… so that’s what I will bestow on him. I’ll make sure this night will be unforgettable for the both of us.”

Checking on the clock, it’s approaching 7p.m. “He must be on his way here.” However, I wanted a confirmation from him.

“Come on Minhyuk-ah, answer your phone.”

“The number you dialed is…” I didn’t wait for further response from the operator. Again, I called him hoping his phone is now … but I guess, he’s still managing his things at the airport.

“Aha!” I ran up the stairs thinking of cleaning and arranging the room where he used to stay whenever he sleeps in our house.

“It’s been a long time since he last slept here. For certain, he misses this room.” I tittered. With haste movement, I changed the pillowcases, bed sheet and curtains, arranged the table situated near the bed and vacuumed the floor. I the air conditioner so by the time he came and has eaten those foods I prepared, everything is all set. All he has to do is to lay down, sleep and rest.

A sudden heavy rain conquered the calm night with lightning and thunder that made me peep outside the room’s window. “Lee Minhyuk… where are you now?” Instantly, I grabbed my phone from the table and contacted him but it was still the operator who answered me with a note saying his phone was still witched off. I almost traveled around the room waiting for his voice to finally struck my hearing. I laid on bed--- the bed he used to sleep at. Continuously, I tried and tried to call him but those were all failures. For ten’s… until twenty’s and thirty’s, I dialed his number but the same voice keep on repeating the note to my ear… until the cold of a couple hour stay inside that room gradually enclosed my lousy eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------

            How long had it been? 20? 25?... or 30 minutes? Checking my phone for any good news from him, I frowned seeing none. “One last call… answer this! If you failed to do so, I’m afraid my anger will outburst.”

            Before giving it a shot, I stared at my phone for too long and beheld on the time… it is 10:05p.m. I also beheld on the wallpaper--- where he kissed me on my cheek. With our smiles painted on our faces, I hoped for a better response… “Please, answer this.”

            “The number you dialed is out of coverage area.”

            “Again?!?!” my hopes were all gone as another failing operator note has been repeted. “How long should I wait for you Lee Minhyuk?! This is too much, I can no longer stand it!”

With anger, I threw my phone on that bed and got up. I searched for the key and drove away without knowing where to go… I left with nothing but just myself.

-----------------------------

 

MINHYUK’S POV:

            As soon as we arrived at the airport, I immediately switched off the ‘FLIGHT MODE’ of my phone. Everyone was a picture of an exhausted creature eager to lay on bed… but I was a picture of a busy man ignoring the tiresomeness of a week-long performance, sleepless nights plus the stress of experiencing a 4-hour flight delay. My back was swathed with a backpack, my left hand was pulling a big trolley bag and my right hand was carrying a medium-sized hand carry bag. My hands were too busy that my phone was just supported by my left shoulder and left ear to give an apology to her. I was trying to call her… but all I can hear was the ringing of it… no answer, no rejection… “Is she mad?”

            “Hyung, get inside… the rain I about to fall any time soon.” Sungjae held my trolley and got it inside the van.

-------------------------------------------------

            The rain poured again…so hard that it made the road hard to pass through. They were all sleepyheads but my eyes were just focused on my phone.  Don’t know how many times it had been… but I tried my very best to connect with her, still no answer, no rejection… just the ringing.

            “Manager, can I get off the van at the next stop?” he took a glance of me but didn’t utter any reply. Checking the rain outside that was becoming heavier and heavier as it went down the city, he closed his eye again and acted as if sleeping.

            “And where do you think you’re going this time with this heavy rain?”

            “I’m going to Eunji.” I am patiently waiting for his approval but it seems he didn’t apprize my situation.

            “Eunji… Eunji… Eunji… just tell her you’re tired, she’ll understand it anyway.”

            “But Manager hyung…” the van suddenly stopped as a red light emphasized a reminder.

            “Just meet her tomorrow.” He said, but it’s too late… I was totally decided to see her at that moment, not tomorrow, nor on any other day… this can’t wait any longer--- my eagerness to fondle her and tell her my apology can no longer wait. It must be done now!

            The van stopped and on that case, I opened the door and got out the van. Manager, as well as the other members, was then awakened. Their eyes had gone rounder seeing me bathing in rain--- under a heavy rain.

            “Mianhe~” I bowed my head and closed the door.

            The buses were unseen on the road. It’s really late in the evening that, I guess, the last ride had already left and I can’t waste time waiting for a turn in riding a taxi. I ran and ran ignoring the cold of the winds, ignoring my wet body. I ran as fast as I could, not thinking about myself, but just her… only Eunji.

----------------------------

            My feet had only owned a rest just as I reached her house--- her house that was so quite. I pressed the doorbell for twice… then thrice and shouted her name afterwards. But just like her phone, I received none--- no answer nor rejection. Again, I called with all my might. “EUNJI !!!!” but a cough just came out my mouth hindering me to repeat her name.

            After regaining my system, I pulled out my phone from my pocket and tried to ring her phone with mine bathing under the rain. There was an answer!…finally!… but I guess… it worsened everything. Her phone was off. I repeated it and the same response were heard.

            “Where are you?” my heart had gone a tumbling beat. Faster and scarier as more minutes flew away. “Please don’t let her be in danger.” I prayed for her safety.

            Shaking due to cold, I’m starting to feel something unlikeable. Gradually, the cold got deeper as I stayed longer under the rain. But my worries were again heightened, ignoring my system, as I heeded on the time. It’s turning 12a.m. and she’s not yet home.

            I was just standing in front of her house, bathing under the rain which was getting worse through its lightning and thunder, with worries of her… until my phone rang. Abruptly, I answered it waiting for her voice to wipe away my wearisomeness… but a manly voice dismayed me.

            “Minhyuk-hyung, manager is really mad with what you did. We can’t sleep because of his voice roaring inside the house. He wanted you now.” Ilhoon stated but my attention was caught as a car was parked in front of me and moreover, as a lady got out from it. She was carrying a purple, butterfly-designed umbrella on her right hand.

            “…Hyung… are you listening?”

            “Tell him, I’ll be coming… tomorrow.” Placing my phone in my pocket, she walked straight to me.

            With her few steps, I shouted… “WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?! It’s late and you’re still out? What exactly are you thinking? You’re killing me with a lots of worries bothering my head!” it was my fear of losing her that made me divulged my sentiments in an intense volume voice. However, no matter how mad I am… with just her gentle move, I will definitely be muted.

            The umbrella fell from her hand. She clinched my wet body with her warmth ceasing my words, reducing my tension and pacifying my heart. With her arms wrapped around me hermetically, she uttered… “Minhyuk-ah… mianhe” I have heard it--- the words fully altering my anger… and just like a weak subject of witchcraft, I fell on her sweet spell. Ending every unpleasant situation that night, I just found myself sealing our intimate bodies’ circle as I also wrapped my arms around her.

            “No.. I must be the one to say sorry… I made you wait for long… Mianhe…  my Eunji… Mianhe…” afterwards, I wrapped her body even tighter.

            The rain was never a hindrance to that moment. We addressed a kind of passion that we longed to confer to each other. Imbibing her love, I pecked on her wet forehead. No more words to be uttered, our misunderstanding had been placed into cessation. Another day had just begun… so it was too early to enjoy each other’s company--- we have all the time in our hands and I won’t let this moment pass by--- nothing can stop me now to make her feel my love.