Blank Mind

Fanfic #2: Please Be There When I Wake Up

Summary: 'Oh this day is just horrible..'

Notes: I'm very sorry for not updating. I was in California for a few days. But now I'm back! ^^ kekeke.. Fighting! So BEAST! <3

---

Gikwang arrived at the front desk of the hospital with Junhyung, a little bit more calm and sober than before. Junhyung sat down in a waiting chair a few feet away from the front desk, he still felt a little tipsy.

"Is room 258 available for a visit?", Gikwang asked the front desk nurse, who was signing a few clipboards. She had dark circles under her eyes and her looked very exhausted, it seems like she was here on the night shift. 

She took a quick glance at him, nodded, and pointed in the direction of the room.

"Kamsahamnida..", Gikwang responded softly, giving a small bow, and then motioned Junhyung to follow him. "Come on."

~~~

"One death was reported.", the news reporter continued. "And the person who died was the thief/kidnapper due to police officer's open fire. They were forced to do so, the criminal had pulled out firearms and held a hostage. We're getting news in that the hostage, Yoon Doojoon, is alive."

"Wahh. Wonder how that hostage Doojoon guy must have felt.", Yoseob sighed while watching the TV in his room's corner. He put his blanket over his head and shifted around a bit. "I woulda been so scared!"

Dongwoon walked in and stared at Yoseob playing under the covers. "What exactly are you doing, Hyung?", he asked and laughed a little.

"I heard on the news that some Yoon Doojoon guy was held hostage! I'm hiding under my blanket so I won't be in the same situation.", Yoseob replied, slowly pulling off the covers, only to see Dongwoon's face in shock.

"Hos..hostage?"

"Yeah, it was on the news just a few minutes ago."

"He..he's ok right?"

Yoseob nodded and took a sip of water from a cup. "They said that his kidnapper was the only death reported from the shooting. Why are you getting so worked up by some guy on TV?"

"No reason..just..", Dongwoon thought up a quick lie. "Just curious, Hyung." He put on a weak and fake smile, but Yoseob was too busy playing with his pillows. "Hyung, you sure seem to a little hyper today."

"Really? I just woke up on the floor and felt funny.", Yoseob replied, trying to think up reasons of why he might be so hyper. "Soo..I dunno."

"On the floor? You weren't on the floor when I came in." Dongwoon scratched his head and wondered, "Did Hyung pass out a few minutes ago then..?"

"Because I climbed back into the bed!" Yoseob suddenly held his head, closing his eyes tightly, and felt dizzy. "Aeygo..", he mumbled.

"Hyung, are you alright?", Dongwoon asked worriedly, patting Yoseob's shoulder.

"Aegyo..what is..is that something I have a lot of?", he asked, still holding onto his head.

Ugh..feeling very nautious..

"Yeah your B2UTY-fans loved your cuteness, Hyung! Aegyo basically means playful or cuteness.", the maknae replied happily.

My..fans?..B2UTY..? What the..owch..

"Ah..my head..", Yoseob mumbled, then screamed in pain and out, again.

"..H-Hyung?!"

Three minutes later, the doctor quickly came in and examined Yoseob. "He out after hearing the word 'aeygo'? That doesn't make any sense..Does he hate being cute or something?"

"No, he loves it! It's a big part of who he is.", Dongwoon responded and held his head down.

"He's multiple times now..and I think I know why.", the doctor implied, crossing his arms. "Whenever Yoseob starts to remember about his past, he blacks out, and his memory resets all over again."

"What the hell..is that even a medical condition?!"

"It is now. He's the first to ever have it happen to him. We must keep close observations on him."

"So..basically, Hyung can never remember anything without restarting..? Fix him....RIGHT NOW!" Dongwoon had overreacted, and grabbed the doctor's coat collar. "You fix my this INSTANT, Hyung! You doctors do nothing but look at a patient, you're useless!" He had tears running down his cheeks.

The doctor whacked Dongwoon's head with his clipboard on his head, enough so that he'd snap out of it, and Dongwoon put him down.

"Mi-Mianhae, Doctor.."

"Don't start overreacting." The doctor fixed his collar and dusted himself off his coat. "You guys sure are aggressive.."

Dongwoon stayed silent, not answering the comment, and shoved his hands into his pockets. "So...how you know any way for us to have him remember without passing out?"

"Not sure yet. I'll tell you when I figure it out." The doctor placed the clipboard back into the bed's slot, bowed, and as he was about to reach for the door's handle, Gikwang had opened it first.

"Ah, annyeong.", Gikwang said politely, quickly giving a small bow, then gave the doctor some space to go through.

Junhyung, woh still hadn't been quite sober just yet, wrapped his arm around the doctor's shoulder, and patted his head roughly. "HEEEEYY Doc~ How you doin'?" He gave a goofy smile and the doctor stared at him.

"Are you a mental patient?", he asked and got out of Junhyung's arm and walked out of the room.

Junhyung fell to the floor, flailed his arms around, and went to sleep.

"Well then..good night Junhyung? And ..Yoseob's doctor seems a little..cold.", Gikwang quietly commented and sat down on a chair beside Yoseob. "Hows the little guy doing, Dongwoon?"

"Hyung, he can't really..remember without passing out and restarting his memory all over again..", Dongwoon replied, letting out a sad sigh.

"What..the hell?" He scratched his head, leaning back on the chair he was sitting on, but leaned too far back and fell over.

"Be careful, Hyung!", Dongwoon warned and helped him up.

Was that..a chair..?

Yoseob opened his eyes steadily and took quick glances around the room. He spotted Gikwang and stared at him a little. "Lee..Gikwang..", he whispered.

"I heard my na--", Gikwang started, then he noticed that it was Yoseob who had said it. He jumped onto the bed with Yoseob and hugged him tightly. "YOSEOBIE!~"

"Ow! You're suffocating me, Gikwang!", he complained, playfully pushing him off, but Gikwang kept hugging tighter. "I guess your muscles are useful for something other than eye-candy!"

Gikwang grinned, patted Yoseob's head, and got off the bed. "Sorry, I just felt really happy that you remembered my name."

"Remembered your name? What do you mean by remem--", Yoseob stayed silent and clutched his head. "Ow.."

Why does my head suddenly hurt so much..I think..I'm..

~~~

"Are you alright?", an officer rushed to Doojoon's side and held down her weapon. 

"I think so...", he replied slowly, seeing if he was bleeding or injured.

"We have an ambulance here if you'd like to visit the hospital." She pointed at the ambulance team far off to the right.

"I won't need to go to the hospital..but, do you mind giving me a ride there anyways? I want to visit my friend.", he pleaded.

"We usually don't do this..but..get in, before it leaves.", she ordered.

"Thank you!" Doojoon hopped into the back, closed the door, and sat patiently. He reached into his pocket to find his phone to text everyone that he was heading back to the hospital, but he couldn't find it. "Damn.." He remembered that the robber had stomped on it earlier. "I guess they're jsut going to have to enjoy this surprise visit."

The ambulance wasn't that far away from the hospital now.

~~~

Dongwoon whacked Gikwang's shoulder and whispered angrily, "Don't let him know that he's remembering!"

Gikwang nodded and screamed random words and flailed around so that Yoseob wouldn't think about remembering. "WATERMELON SUNDAE! BANANA! ORANGES!"

Yoseob stared at him acting goofy and started laughing. "What's up with you, buddy?"

"Nothing..just felt like making you laugh.", Gikwang replied and sighed in relief.

Yoseob smiled, sat up, and stood up. He was going to give Gikwang a friendly hifive, but then noticed Dongwoon standing in the corner. "Who are you?"

"Me? Uh..I'm..I'm..a nurse...", Dongwoon awkwardly lied. He lied to Yoseob so that he wouldn't try to remember.

"A nurse? Where are your scrubs? You look like you're in a boy band.", he responded happily. 

"Oh..haha, I'm just an intern.", Dongwoon continued, smiled weakly, and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Don't they still give you scrubs anyways?"

"Uh..it's..my first day and they didn't have my size..cause I'm kinda tall."

Right then Doojoon opened the door and panted heavily. "I ran here as fast as I could!", he screamed.

"Who are you..?", Yoseob questioned. :You look really.."

I know I've seen you before..just trying to remember where...

"I guess you still haven't remembered your leade--", Doojoon got cut off.

Gikwang immidiately cupped Doojoon's mouth. "Don't talk!", he hissed quietly.

"My leader..? Who..you are my leader?..", Yoseob got really confused.

Doojoon was struggling to get Gikwang's hand off his mouth that he literally bit him.

"OW! Doojoon-ah!", Gikwang yelped in pain.

Doojoon..I know you.

Yoseob collapsed onto his bed.

"LOOK WHAT YOU DID!", Dongwoon barked at Gikwang. "WHY DID YOU SAY HIS NAME?"

"I..I..IT WAS DOOJOON'S FAULT FOR BITING MY HAND!", Gikwang pleaded, holding his hand.

Everything's going blank again..I feel so trapped.

Yoseob slowly opened his eyes to see his friends argueing, screaming, and yelling at eachother.

"Wae..you guys are so loud. You're not suppose to yell in the classroom..", he whispered.

"Hyung! Are you ok?", Dongwoon asked softly.

"...Hyung? How am I your Hyung? Under-classmates are suppose to be in room C1.", Yoseob replied with a confused face.

"Wrong room..? What do you mean.."

"AIGO!" Gikwang snapped his fingers and huddled Doojoon and Dongwoon together, whispering quietly. "He thinks he's back in highschool."

"Oh this day is just horrible..", Doojoon whined.

Wonder where my uniform is. Gikwang-ah sure looks really different now.