Memories

Fanfic #2: Please Be There When I Wake Up

Summary: Suddenly, Yoseob's heart beat stopped monitor went blank. There was a deadly silence in the room, except for the long beep.

Notes: I don't know o____o Sorry for making it depressing? QQ I'll try my best to make fan fictions for you, even if they . ^^ Fighting! So BEAST! <3

---

Where am I? Am I home? I never realized how white my dorm was...and what's up with the TV? When did we decide to hang it up in the ceiling corner?

"Yoseob, are you awake?", a familiar voice called out. "Hello? Can you hear me?"

Who is that...why does he know me? He sounds like someone I know though...

Gikwang poked Yoseob's hand a couple of times, making sure that he was really awake this time. "Yoseob? Please answer me if you're awake."

Stop poking me, stranger.

"Hm? What do you want?", Yoseob answered in a tired voice.

I wonder why it feels so hard to talk.

"Hey buddy, remember me?", Gikwang said softly. "Do you remember anything now?"

 
Why does he keep asking me if I remember stuff?
 
"Not really...who are you again?", he asked.
 
"Ah, I guess that hit caused you--", Gikwang stopped.
 
Caused me what?
 
"Never mind. So how are you feeling? I heard that they were releasing you from--", he stopped short again.
 
Releasing me from what...? Stop leaving your sentences like that.
 
Gikwang took a deep breathe and continued on, "We get to go home soon, I mean."
 
Home? Was this not my home?
 
Yoseob had a very confused look on his face. "What do you mean?", he replied. "Where are you taking me? Why are you trying to take me away from my dorm?"
 
Gikwang's face went blank, and he sat there, silently. He then put on a light smile and said, "Haha, you're right. It was a joke.This is our dorm."
 
Our...? I thought I lived alone.
 
Yoseob sat there quietly and examined the room. He saw that beside him that there was a man with vivid orange hair in a bed that looked the same as his. The man was alseep.
 
I know that I shouldn't ask a stranger about stuff, but...
 
He nudged Gikwang's arm and asked, "Who's that?"
 
"Him? His name is Hyunseung. He was in the--", Gikwang stopped the sentence again.
 
In the...?
 
"Uhm...he was hurt really bad in an accident, I mean.", he continued.
 
"Bad accident? Why would a stranger be in my dorm after an accident? Shouldn't he be in a hospital?", Yoseob kept on questioning him.
 
"I guess he had no place to go. Sorry.", Gikwang replied.
 
No place to go? Why my dorm though..?
 
Yoseod sat there silently, staring at the man that laid in the bed beside his. Hyunseung's face had cuts and scrapes all over, and it looked painful.
 
"What accident was he in?"
 
"He was walking down the street with his friend when there was a red light and some drunk idiot hit his car into him.", Gikwang said, with an angry tone. "The drunk ran away when Hyunseung was hit. The cops are still looking for guy."
 
This all seems...very familiar to me, I don't know why.
 
* * *
 
Three weeks earlier, Yoseob and Hyunseung had gone out together for some fresh air out in Seoul. When they had realized that they were late for dance practice, they were racing down the side walks. Then they had reached an intersection, and Yoseob slammed the button on the pole.
 
"Hyung, the walking light is green, go go go! We can't be late for practice!", Yoseob exclaimed, grabbing the other's hand and began running.
 
"You're too fast!", Hyunseung complained. "Ah..wait a sec. I dropped my cell phone!" As he bent over to pick it up, he heard a car's wheels screech. The driver had been drinking all morning and decided to tak his new car our for a "spin". The car was racing down the street so fast that it practically looked like a huge, red blur on the street.
 
"HYUNSEUNG!", Yoseob screamed as he ran back to him, trying to push Hyunseung out of the path of the car, but he was too late.
 
And the last thing he saw was the drunk driver running away from his car and scared pedestrians. And the last thing he felt, was blood gushing from his head.
 
* * *
 
Yoseob suddenly placed his hand on top of his forehead and felt a damp, bandages there. "Who put wet bandages on me?", he mumbled. But when he took his hand down, he saw that his hand was stained with blood.
 
Blood? But How..
 
Then, Dongwoon knocked at the door and said, "The nurse said I could come in."
 
Nurse? Since when did my house have a nurse?
 
Gikwang smiled and asked, "Did you get enough sleep, maknae?"
 
He laughed awkwardly and replied, "Not really."
 
Yoseob was quietly staring at Dongwoon the entire time he was talking to Gikwang. "Mak..nae..", he whispered.
 
Dongwoon turned around to Yoseob, smiling. "Oh, you're awake? How have you been, hyung?"
 
I think I've seen him before..
 
"I..I'm fine.", he bluntly replied.
 
Gikwang then nudged Dongwoon's arm and whispered in his ear, "The doctors say he has a severe case of amneasia and he can't really remember anything else other than his name. He thinks this is the dorm too."
 
I never noticed this paper around my wrist. It says"Yang Yoseob, Patient #22486". Huh...weird bracelet.
 
He started toying around with the bracelet until Dongwoon had put his hand on Yoseob's shoulder. "Please get well, Hyung.", he said   with a sad tone in his voice.
 
"Get well? Am I sick?"
 
"Yes, you are very sick.", Gikwang quietly replied.
 
Then why aren't I in the hospital? I don't feel sick though, but that guy next to me definitely is.
 
The nurse had had opened the door and popped her head in. "You have a visitor, Yang Yoseob."
 
Who's that? Visitor?
 
Junhyung came in with a handful of colorful bags, cards, balloons with a pissed off look on his face.
 
Dongwoon smiled, seeing Junhyung finally come, and asked, "What took you so long, Hyung?"
 
"You won't believe how long it takes to buy all of this stuff during rush hour.", he said angrily. "The van moved two centimeters every minute!"
Then he put all of the items down on the tiled floor and rushed to Hyunseung's bedside. Junhyung spent a few minutes quietly talking to him, even though he was asleep, he even cried a little.
 
Who are all of these people? And why do they keep coming into my dorm? I don't understand anything that's happening. I feel like I know these people, but I can't seem to remember them...And I feel like this isn't my home, but it is..right?
 
"Excuse me..." Yoseob cleared his throat and everyone stopped talking and turned towards him. "I'm not sure what's going on, but I feel like...I know you all, somehow. We used to have some kind of a strong, family-like bond..yet--", he stopped, noticing Gikwang sniffle.
 
He wiped his eyes and took a deep breathe, trying to steady is voice. "I've known you the longest. Since high school...how could you even forget me?"
 
"High..school..", Yoseob repeated. "Your name is.." Then his eyes started watering up and his breathing got heavier.
 
"...Yoseob?" Dongwoon paused. "Yoseob?! Call the doctor, he passed out!"
 
Junhyung bursted out of the room and grabbed the doctor's arm and yelled, "C'mon, you're needed!" The doctor was a little shocked, but he still ran along side him. They both rushed into the room, panting and breathing heavily.
 
After he caught his breathe and was caught up on what had happened to Yoseob, the doctor stated, "What was the patient doing before this happened?" He pushed up with glasses and took a look at the chart.
 
"We...were trying to help him remember Gikwang, his high school friend.", Junhyung slowly explained.
 
"It's not normal for him to just black out like that randomly.", the doctor continued. "He's been here for five months and he still has made no progress in his memory. We will soon have to discharge him from if there has been no progress made. I'm sorry." The doctor set down the chart and walked out of the room.
 
Their eyes began watering up and Junhyung kept on wiping his eyes before any tears fall.
 
"Hyung, please remember soon or else..", Dongwoon sniffiled.
 
"...Or else you'll be released from the hospital not knowing anything about your life.", Gikwang continued Dongwoon's sentence.
 
Just then, Doojoon walked into the room looking like he just got out of bed. His hair was a mess, his eyes had huge dark circles under it, and his clothes were all wrinkled and put on backwards. "Is this..Yoesob's room..?", he asked with a hoarse voice.
 
"You look like you're homeless.", Junhyung bluntly said while fixing Doojoon's hair and wiping his own eyes.
 
"I've been dealing with fans and our company on how we'll be delayed in singing for a while...", he replied. "The fans were sympathetic and the bosses were a little angry, but understandable." He stood on his tippie toes and peeked over Junhyung's shoulder, seeing Yoseob and Hyunseung lying on the bed.
 
"I'm sorry for visiting you guys so late...", Doojoon somberly thought to himself. "I'm sorry for wasting these five months without visiting."
 
Suddenly, Yoseob's heart beat stopped monitor went blank. There was a deadly silence in the room, except for the long beep.
 
"No...hyung could've have..", Dongwoon began. "Hyun could'nt have died like this.."
 
"THIS CAN'T BE. THIS IS ALL FICTION, THIS IS NOT THE TRUTH!", Junhyung screamed, running out of the room with tears running down his cheeks, accidentally knocking over medical carts and trays. He spotted their doctor and grabbed his shirt collar. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, YOU LOUSY EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING!" When the security guards began walking towards Junhyung, he ran out the entrace's door. The sudden out-burst shocked the nurses, patients, and doctors in the hallway.
 
Thedoctor thought that it could have something to do with his friends, and quickly walked into the room after seeing Junhyung run out. "What's going on?"
 
"Yoseob's monitor stopped beeping..", Doojoon said quietly.
 
"The patient couldn't have just died from this amnesia and blacking out...this is very strange." The doctor was puzzeled.
 
"He has a name...", everyone thought as the doctor put on his stethoscope's headset. He placed the chestpiece onto Yoseob's chest and listened intently.
 
"...There is still a heart beat.", he said.

"WHAT?!", everyone said at once in shock.
 
The nurse walked in holding a bag that was full of batteries. "This machine, I tell you, eats up every battery it gets. It always does this when it's out of power.", she said.
 
"AH...I'm so relieved!", Gikwang said loudly, letting out a happy sigh.
 
Meanwhile everyone was happy that Yoseob is still alive, Junhyung had ran to the parking lot of the hospital. He stared blankly and the hospital building. "Because of this place, Yoseob died...", he mumbled angrily. "BECAUSE OF YOU I LOST HIM! WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE WORK HERE?! YOU ALL ARE HORRIBLE!" Junhyung screamed and cursed until his voice was tired, and he slumped down on the sidewalk. He rubbed his face a bit to try to calm down and thought, "I need a drink..." He got up and circled around the streets  until he found a near-by bar.
 
Doojoon was happy and relieved about Yoseob being still alive, but he had Junhyung on his mind. "He's probably going to do something stupid and dramatic after still thinking that Yoseob's dead...", he thought. "I gotta go and look for him, or he might end up being the 3rd member in the hospital." He nudged Dongwoon's arm and whispered, "I'm going to get Junhyung. You text me if there's any news on these two. Got it?"
 
"Okay, Hyung. Take care of yourself.", he replied, giving a weak smiling.
 
Doojoon patted his head and bolted out the door. Gikwang and the doctor turned around, confused.
 
"Why did Hyung run out of the room?", Gikwang asked, wrapping his arm around Dongwoon's shoulders.
 
"Taking care of business."
 
~~~
 
Meanwhile, at the bar, Junhyung was the only customer there, spending all of his wallet's money on strong alcohol.
 
"He's gone..", he said in a low, husky voice and hiccuping.
 
"Who's gone?", the bar-tender asked. The bar-tender was wearing a white collared, long sleeve shirt, with a black, sleeve-less vest over the white shirt and was also wearing long, black, dress pants. He looked like any typical bar-tender, but what was different was that he looked really innocent. His eyes were pure light brown and his hair was light, strawberry blonde, and he had light skin. He looks as if he just graduated middle school.
 
"NONE OF YOUR BUSNIESS!!!", he screamed, slamming down his drink on the table.
 
The bar-tender was so shocked, he dropped the glass mug he was wiping. It smashed into many, sharp pieces on the floor, a few shards had stabbed into his ankle.
 
"Owch...", he whimpered while he was taking a look at his ankle to see if there was any blood. There was a little bit, but nothing to fret over.
 
Junhyung's eyes suddenly started watering up. "Sorry...I didn't mean to scare and hurt you. It's just...one of my best friends is dead..", he said in a sad tone and wiped his eyes, taking a sip of his drink. He continued, "He died this afternoon.."
 
The bar-tender felt sympathetic and put his hand on Junhyung's shoulder. "I'm sorry..Free drinks, on the house?", he said, about to return Junhyung's money, but he pushed the money back to the bar-tender.
 
"Keep it. I won't need it soon.."
 
The bar-tender felt uneasy about his answer and nodded. He went to the employee room, grabbing a white envelope and wrote "I told you, free drinks! ^ ^ " in black ink. Then he put all of the money Junhyung had paid into the envelope and kept it behind his back while he went back to conversing with his customer.
 
When Junhyung had went to the bathroom, he slipped the envelope into his jacket's front pockets, neatly folded up. Junhyung got out of the bathroom, he put on his jacket, said good bye to the bar-tender, and walked out of the bar, feeling very drunk.
 
"I hope nothing bad happens to my favorite B2ST member..", the bartender prayed.
 
Junhyung was more drunk than he's ever been in his entire life. Everything was tripled, upside down, and spinning in circles. As he was walking on a cross-walk, he stumbled on his feet, and fell in the middle of the road. "I'm too drunk for this..", he coughed, staring up at two headlights that were coming closer and closer to him. 
 
"WATCH OUT FOR THE CAR, IDIOT!", Doojoon exclaimed.