Chapter 30: With Gikwang At The Hospital

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

Over the course of the next few days, their plan was put into action without much difficulty.

Minyoung informed both Sunggyu and Myungsoo about the plan and fortunately, the two agreed.

Two weeks later, Gikwang was assigned to be at the hospital for the night shift. After picking up Haekyung from school, he prepared his things and arrived at the hospital at around 6PM. He would be replacing Junhyung who was there for the day shift.

“I left some coke there in the fridge. Feel free to drink it when you’re thirsty.”

“Arasseo. Annyeong!”

At the same time that this was happening, Minyoung was inside the elevator going to the ground floor. The only people inside the elevator was her, Ms. Lee, Mr. Baek and the elevator girl.

Minyoung got her phone out and called Doojoon who was already outside the building.

“Oppa, I suddenly got the urge to go to the hospital today. Can you please tell the others at home to eat first?”

“Arasseo, I’ll tell them.”

“Gomawo!”

“Um, Ms. Minyoung? If I may ask, when is Mr. Myungsoo coming back?” Mr. Baek asked.

“Well, he said they’ll be back at around next week. Is there something wrong?”

“Well, there are some documents that really need his signature…”

“Ah… Are they badly needed right now?”

“Well, actually no but there’s one that needs to be passed by Saturday next week.”

“Geurae? I’ll inform him then. Thanks for telling me Mr. Baek.”

“Ne.”

Once they were outside, the two secretaries said their goodbyes to Minyoung. She also bid them goodbye and headed for her ride.

On the way to the hospital, Myungsoo called.

“Oppa! Good timing! I’m on my way to the hospital to visit samcheon!”

“Jeongmalya? That’s great! Hang on, who’s staying with samcheon for tonight?”

“Omo! Molla… Jansimmanyo, I’ll ask Doojoon oppa… Oppa, who’s staying with samcheon for tonight?”

“It’s Gikwang!”

“Oh! Gomawo! Well, you heard him!”

“Arasseo! I’ll call again later! Annyeong!”

“Ne! Annyeong!”

“Minyoung-ah, should I call Gikwang to meet you up front?” Doojoon asked.

“Aniyo oppa. I’ll just go in there by myself. You head home first to have your dinner. I’ll call you once I have to get home.”

“Algesseumnida.”

They arrived at the hospital at around7PM. Minyoung quickly went up towards her uncle’s room and opened the door.

Inside, Gikwang was sitting beside her uncle. He was apparently reading a book.

The moment she closed the door, he rose up from his seat and was surprised to see her inside.

“Omo! I didn’t know that you were coming here tonight. You could’ve told me so that I could’ve at least got you some food.”

“I’m fine oppa. Thanks for your concern though. Wait, there’s no more food in the fridge?”

“Ne. The only things inside are drinks, mostly Junhyung’s coke.”

“Aigoo… Hahaha! Anyway, I’m guessing nothing new happened to samchon right?”

“Ne. You’re right. Oh, here, have a seat.”

“Gomawo.”

Minyoung sat on his chair while he grabbed another to sit on.

A long silence prevailed inside the room until Minyoung broke it.

“Have… have you eaten already?”

“Ah… Ne… Half an hour ago…”

“I see…”

“How about you?”

“Aniyo, I’m still not hungry. I’ll eat later when I’m back at home.”

“Arasseo…”

Another long silence erupted between them.

Minyoung was saying to herself: “This is just really awkward… Eottohke?”

At the same time, Gikwang was also talking to himself: “Minyoung-ah… Part of me wants to hug you so bad… While the other half wants to run out of this room… I’m going crazy!”

….

...

“Minyoung-ah”

“Gikwang oppa”

Both were surprised at their sudden actions.

“You first.” says Minyoung.

“Aniyo, ladies first.” says Gikwang.

“… No really! You first oppa.”

“… Arasseo… Um… Do… You… When will Myungsoo and Sunggyu arrive back here?”

“Oh… um… I guess two weeks from now… I’m not sure though… I may have forgotten…”

“Ahh… Oh, right, what were you going to say?”

“Um… Well… It might hurt you to ask you this but, are you and Haekyung okay? I mean…  I’m kinda curious…”

“Ne, we’re fine. Thanks for asking though. But honestly, there are times when I suddenly burst into tears when I remember them. And sometimes, I’d find Haekyung crying in the middle of the night because he misses them as well…”

“I have no idea… Mianhae…”

“Aniyo, don’t be sorry. You didn’t do anything wrong. Actually, you somehow made me feel… good right now… Gomawo.”

“Ah… Cheonmaneyo…”

“She’s blushing right now…” Gikwang said to himself.

“He’s blushing right now…” Minyoung said to herself.

And then… Minyoung’s phone suddenly rang!

She quickly picked it up and it was Myungsoo on the line!

“Oppa!”

“Minyoung-ah! Are you at the hospital now?”

“Ne, I’m already inside samchon’s room with Gikwang oppa.”

“Ah… I see now… Minyoung-ah, I have something to tell you. Can you go out for a while?”

“Eh?... Arasseo… Oppa, I’m heading out for a while.”

“Ne. Go on then.” says Gikwang.