Chapter 23: They Meet Again

The Luckiest B2UTY!

 

Doojoon dropped on his knees and said: “W-wae? Bu-but…”

“I’m sorry boys but, the decision’s final. BEAST is no more from this point on. You have no idea how I’m also suffering inside.”

“Wha-what will happen to us then?” asks Yoseob.

“You have until tomorrow to clear out your dorm. I’m sorry but, that dorm is property of Cube. You’ll have to find a place to live if you six are still going to live together. Oh and here, your payment. I’m sorry but, that’s all they want me to give to you six. I’m sorry again…”

After they have left the room, they met up with their label mates who all said goodbye to them but assuring the six that they will always be there for them. They helped in clearing out their office and loading them into their van. The van was their manager’s.

“So, what now?” asks Hyunseung.

“We could stay at my house.” says Gikwang.

“Ah right! We could! How about it guys?!” asks Dongwoon.

“I guess it’ll do. Yah hyung, how much was given to us?” asks Doojoon.

“Ah, I think it’s only enough for a year…”

“MWO?!”

“Ne… But, you all have bank accounts right?”

“Ne but it’s for our families…” says Junhyung.

“They’ll be very much disappointed once they hear about this, I’m already scared…” Dongwoon.

“Still, I can’t believe that… BEAST is gone…” says Yoseob.

“But we still have out fans right?” asks Hyunseung.

“Come on hyung, what fans? They left us already, remember?” says Junhyung.

“Aish! If I’d known that this would happen, we wouldn’t have done that to Minyoung! Joseohamnida hyungs! This is my fault! I’m such a lousy leader!” Doojoon shouted and tears starts falling from his eyes.

“Hyung please! It’s not your fault! It’s our fault as well! We should’ve have been more considerate! Stop crying please!” Yoseob’s pleas made everyone tear up inside, even their manager.

By lunchtime, the whole country and the entire K-Pop world has just learned of what happened to BEAST. Some couldn’t believe it but others praised Cube’s decision to do so.

“So, they’ve been disbanded?”

“Ne, that’s what everyone’s talking about.”

“Oppa, everything’s over now right?”

“Ne Minyoung-ah. Let’s just focus on our work, arasseo?”

“Ne, algesseumnida. Oh, let’s visit samchon and Sunggyu tonight.”

“Ne, let’s do that.”

“… Myungsoo-ah…”

“What is it?”

“Do you think I did the right thing?”

“Ne. I’m not saying I hate BEAST but, they made you suffer so much already. It was about time that they stop bothering you.”

“You’re right…Gomawo.”

“Don’t mention it.”

After arriving back at their dorm, the six members and their manager started packing all their things. After that, they transferred all their things to Gikwang’s house where they would be staying. Gikwang picked up his little brother Haekyung from school later that afternoon and explained to him everything that had happened. Fortunately, he understood his brother’s position.

That night, Minyoung and Myungsoo arrived at the hospital to check on their uncle’s condition and to check on Sunggyu as well.

“Ne, I saw it on the news. That was so unexpected. I guess we all know the reason.” says Sunggyu.

“How’s samchon?” asks Myungsoo.

“Still the same. He still won’t wake up.”

“Aigoo, I’m getting worried… How long before he’ll wake up again?” asks Minyoung.

“The doctor says it depends on the patient himself. We’ll just have to wait.”

“Arasseo.”

“So! How’s the two of you?”

“Ah, us?”

“Ne! How’s the dating thing going?”

“Oh, we’re doing fine oppa. Myungsoo-ah’s more sweeter than ever!”

“Omo! Jinjja?!”

“Aigoo! You as well Minyoung-ah!”

“Aniyo! Hahahaha!”

The six members spent their final night in their dorm. With all their things now at Gikwang’s house, they would forever be parting with their dorm. They brought with them some sleeping mats and blankets. Haekyung was with them but, he was in the bathroom.

“I’ll surely miss this place.” says Yoseob.

“Me too.” says Doojoon.

“At least we have a lot of pictures in here.” says Dongwoon.

“Ne, you’re right.” says Gikwang.

“We’ll always be together right?” asks Hyunseung,

“Of course! We’ll be brothers forever!” says Junhyung.

The other members laughed after he said that.

“So, have any of your parents called?” asked Doojoon.

“MINE DID!” shouted the other four.

“Wait, so all of us?” he asked.

“You too hyung?” asked Dongwoon.

“Ne, my mom called. She told me I could go back home if I want but, I told her I want to stay with you guys.”

“That’s what I told them as well.” says Yoseob.

“Me too!” says Dongwoon.

“Me three!” says Hyunseung.

“Me four!” says Junhyung.

“Good thing all of you still have your parents…” says Gikwang.

“Aigoo! Kwangie! We’re your family from now on! Remember that!” says Yoseob.

“We’ll take care of you and Haekyung!  I’ll be your new father!” says Doojoon.

“Hahaha! Gomawo hyungs! I’m so grateful I met you five!”

“Hyung!!!! It won’t flush again!” Haekyung called out from the bathroom.

“Aigoo… the last toilet use in this dorm… Coming!”

The next day, the six members would now be living at Gikwang’s home. Since their manager also runs a chicken restaurant, they decided to work there as waiters and dishwashers although they were for the night shift. Their parents insisted on giving them some money but, they told them they want to be self sufficient. Gikwang and Haekyung’s parents left them some money but, Gikwang decided to use it instead for Haekyung’s education.

Minyoung and Myungsoo continued dating and was tagged as the nation’s “Aegyo Couple” after posting some of their pictures online showing some cute poses.

All was going fine when… three months later…

“MWO?! Bu-but… how did this happen?!”

“I’m sorry Mr. Lee but, the bank will have to confiscate this house.”

It turns out that Mr. & Mrs. Lee weren’t able to pay a huge loan from the bank so, the bank is confiscating their house!

“Aigoo! Where are we going to get the money to get the house back?!” says Yoseob.

“We have more pressing issues here, where are we going to spend the night?” asks Doojoon.

“Hyung… what will happen to us now (cries)… We’re going to die!!!”

“Aniyo! Haekyung-ah! Look at me! We’re not going to die! No one dies from losing their house!” says Gikwang.

“Let’s ask our manager if we could spend the night at the restaurant. We could act as guards inside. Let’s go.” says Doojoon. Everyone agrees.

Fortunately, their manager and his wife agree to let them stay in the restaurant.

The next day…

“Minyoung-ah! Let’s go out for dinner!” shouts Myungsoo who was coming down the stairs.

“Aigoo! Where to this time?” she asks.

“Sunjong and the others went to this chicken restaurant for lunch the other day and they said the chicken there tastes great! What do you say?”

“Hmm, arasseo! Let’s go now!”

They arrived at the place at around 7:30PM. At the same time, Gikwang and the others were at locker room getting ready.

“Annyeong Haseyo! Do you have any free seats tonight?” Myungsoo asks the lady who was the wife of BEAST’s manager! (Her husband was out on a delivery.)

“NE! Please this way!” She led them to a table near the window. She gave them the menu and told them to call her or any waiter if they’re done deciding.

“Oooh! Let’s have this and this and this…”

“Aigoo! Oppa, you’re going to eat all of that?!”

“Ne! How about you?”

“Let’s see…”

Gikwang and the others were finished preparing and went to the dining area to take customer’s orders.

“So, what’s are drinks?” asks Myungsoo.

“Iced tea!”

“Of course! What’s new!... Waiter!” Myungsoo called a waiter who was facing the other way so, when he turns around…

“Yes, may I take your… order… Minyoung-ah… Myungsoo…”

“!... Gikwang oppa…”

“Gikwang… what are you… doing here?”