CEO

Project Undercover Boss

 

 

10 years later: Seoul

 

 

“News flash: Anonymous reported that the only heir to the Wu Group is only in his early twenties and it’s been said that the mysterious heir is currently managing one of his father’s company. Such an amazing discovery! Everyone in South Korea would love to meet him and – ”

 

Kris Wu turned his television off before the news reporter could even finish talking. How on earth is that breaking news? What about the earthquake in Japan? What about the Boston attack? Isn’t that more important? He could never understand the minds of these people and good thing no one knows that he’s actually the son of the richest tycoon in Asia.

 

Well, he has his own ways of lying low and the money spent on security was worth it. The door to his room swung opened and his personal maids made a beeline into his room. All of them were well trained and smart enough to keep everything that is happening in the Wu household a secret. Once they reveal something that they shouldn’t have, it’s a goner for them.

 

The maids were assigned to help Kris with his office attire. They helped him dressed up and did his hair. Everything about Kris spoke about elegance, delicacy and luxury. His parents always praise him about being perfect and all and that he is the reincarnation of the greatest King during Joseon dynasty. It sounded really stupid if it’s said it out loud for others to hear though.

 

Kris looked into his mirror and smirked, checking whether his attire was good for work today. After adjusting his tie, he smiled to his maids and said, “Thanks again.” He knew that this was the only way to get the maids going and there’s no way he’s going to stop it.

 

He headed down to his dining room for breakfast and found his personal secretary, Mr. Park, waiting for him beside his chair. His parents had already left for China yesterday so the entire apartment is empty except for him and his servants. “Good morning, young master Kris. Today is the 25th day of the month so please do not forget that we’ll be shifting to another apartment. The servants will be moving your personal stuff while you’re working.” He explained.

 

“Okay, great.” Kris ate his breakfast in silence. His parents only lived with him occasionally; otherwise, they’ll be at the Wu’s Family Mansion. That mansion itself is a land situated somewhere between Japan and South Korea. Only certain people can go. But since Kris didn’t like living in big houses, his father gave him the permission to shift out when he’s 16. But it came with a cost: Every month the 25th, he’d have to shift to another apartment.

 

That’s why nobody actually knew where the mysterious Kris Wu lives. Nobody knows how to track him down; not unless you actually know him in person.

 

“I’ll be leaving the company early today. I want to play a round of tennis after work.” Kris stated. Mr. Park nodded and noted it down in a notebook. He used his serviette to wipe his mouth and pivoted. “Today breakfast was great. Thanks chef.” Kris smiled and left for work.

 

He drove his car down the underground passageway in his own company. Pulling to a stop, Kris got out of the car and was greeted by his own team of private security guards. Many asked why does he not want to be revealed to the public? Why is he constantly kept hidden? That’s because it was nearly impossible for people to believe that he’d inherited one of the biggest and largest company at the age of 13.

 

No sane person would believe a child could handle such a large company. Nobody. So his parents decided to keep everything a secret. Only certain high posts directors knew and respected this decision. His life changed then.

 

He did not live like a normal teen does. For his life, he worked, worked and worked. Solving problems that were never taught to him. Creating new solutions to everything and working on major projects every single month.

 

His life is indeed challenging but now he realized that it has become a chore; an everyday labor.

 

Pressing the only floor available in his lift, he adjusted his tie and blazer. The doors of the lift opened revealing the only office of the CEO of Golden Hour Company. Marbled floor, high ceiling and one whole row of tinted glass window; his long working table was situated right in the middle of his office and a pool table at the corner. Since he’s an adult now, he re-decorated his office so that it suits his taste better. Not like his previous one where there are toys lying everywhere.

 

“Mr. Wu, the director board’s meeting will commence in ten minutes time. Please check that your microphone is ready to be used. The monitor screens will be switched on.” Mr. Park said through the private intercom. Kris settled down on his desk and shifted the mic stand near him. He rotated his chair to the left so that it’s facing all five-screen monitors that showed the meeting room where twenty directors are inside.

 

That’s how he held meetings. Only his voice is present. Never his face.

 

Kris got his files and documents ready while he waited for them to settle down. When it’s time, he cleared his throat loudly for the people in the meeting room to shut up and listen to him.

 

“Good morning, let’s start, shall we?” When they didn’t respond, he continued. “Mr. Lee, please start on your report.” He looked into the screen as Mr. Lee flipped through his documents hastily. Mr. Lee was old and tardy looking. In fact, he was what Kris thought he would be when Professor Kang grew old. Kris was always worried about Mr. Lee’s department as it handles the financial affairs of this company.

 

“Sir, the total sales for this month is approximately 5.6 billion won and ….” While Mr. Lee talked, Kris took down notes and this meeting lasted for almost two hours. However, Kris noticed there’s a problem in the sales amount. With amazing speed, he immediately calculated the total gross sales for the end of 2013 and realized a huge amount is missing.

 

“Mr. Lee, you said that the sales for this month was 5.6 billion won and last month’s was 1.2 billion won. There’s a huge jump from 1.2 to 5.6 and in the previous month, it was only 1.1 billion won. Isn’t it suspicious, Mr. Lee?”

 

Mr. Lee grew rigid and from the monitor, Kris saw his fingers trembled. “There is not-thing wrong with the report, Sir. This month’s sale was exceptionally good – ”

 

“I want you to generate a new and accurate report for me by tomorrow, Mr. Lee. By 12 noon. Now let’s move on…” Kris went on to check on the other department and there was no more mistakes as most of them were scared to offend their CEO. The meeting only lasted for about 30 minutes and then it was done.

 

Turning the mic off, Kris let out a long sigh and leaned back against his chair. This is getting boring… He needed more excitement in his life again. He closed his eyes and drummed his fingers on the table, like how he did whenever he’s feeling… uncertain.

 

“Mr. Park, please come in.” Kris ordered, his eyes still closed. He heard the sound of his office doors swing opened and the rapid footsteps of Mr. Park.

 

“I am here, Mr. Kris.”

 

“Find out everything about that Mr. Lee. I’m going to stop him from doing anything that might get this company into trouble.” Kris instructed.

 

“Yes, I understand.”