The Secret

Project Undercover Boss

 

“Krease, huh,” Kris cringed when she articulated his name wrongly. What kind of manager did the company hire? Kris checked her out, moving his eyeballs from toe to her head and every time his gaze went higher… let’s just say he isn’t that happy with her appearance at all.

 

With a smug smirk, Kris grunted. “First off, it’s Kris, not Krease. Please respect my name. And I don’t remember having a 45 years old ahjumma in this department… Are you new?”

 

Oh my gosh, that was so hurting. Ari thought, glaring at him as if her gaze alone can burn through his eyeballs. The entire department heard what Kris had said and they gasped at his courage, but didn’t dare to support his statement.

 

“So, Miss Park. Where’s my office? When’s lunchtime? When do I get to go? Oh and do get somebody to fix a coffee routine. I drink coffee only at 10am and 3pm. And,” he paused, showing his briefcase to Ari. “Do you mind helping me carry this? I don’t usually carry these along with me, it’s too much a hassle.”

 

Anger, rage and embarrassment rolled through Ari’s body. This guy, this freaking tall monkey with ty attitude reminds her of a cartoon character that she hated most because that character freaking killed Barbie. No one ever kills Barbie unless that person is Ben Ben.

 

Beside her, Si Young was torn between lovestruck and awestruck. Never in her life had she seen this beautiful angel. Not in clubs, matchmaking session, no. She is totally calling dibs on this guy.

 

“Sure, I’ll help you take your bag, Master Krease Wu,” Ari faked a smile and stretched her arm out. He returned the smile and dropped his bag on her hand. But Ari was fast enough to bring her right leg out and hit his nuts, right in between those long legs of his.

 

“Oh my God…” Kris groaned and his whole face turned red. He couldn’t stand that mother of all pain and even knelt down, half groaning, half yelling. He’s seeing stars, beautiful stars.

 

“I’m so sorry, my leg couldn’t control itself today. Maybe because your bag is too heavy. You can have it back, here take it.” Ari dropped the bag the same manner that he did and she dusted her hands, as if the bag was dirty when she held it.

 

“Such an evil parasite,” he mumbled. That line was quoted from Ben Ben. He can’t be serious…

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“I said bring me a cup of water.”

 

“I’ll go bring it!” this time, Ricky quickly intercepted before she could even grab his goddamn collar and punch him in the face. Ari crossed her arms, looking down at Kris.

 

“Listen here, golden hair dude. In this department, I am boss. You are my subordinate and you must listen to my orders. Do you understand?” Ari tapped her foot and lifted her head high up, daring Kris to challenge her.

 

They exchanged glares, throwing silent swear words at each other without others hearing.

 

“Hey, the both of you please calm your down.” Si Young noticed the atmosphere and stopped the both of them. “Its Friday night let’s party all right? And Kris, you’re invited. It’s time for some bonding session with me and your direct boss here, understand?”

 

“Si Young-ah,”

 

“No excuses, Miss Park. And besides, work is going to end. Let’s pack up, guys.” Si Young gave a wink to Kris and patted Ari’s shoulder. “I’ll be waiting outside of your office, Miss Park.”

 

“Fine…” Ari sighed, giving in to her best friend. “Somebody instruct Kris on the stuff he needs to do and on where his desk is and do tell him that there’s no such thing as personal coffee maker here unless he’s the CEO. Where’s Min?”

 

“Min is attending some secretary meeting, Miss Park. She’ll be back soon.” Ricky replied.

 

“All right. Tell her to see me immediately when she’s back and Ricky, you’ll be the one coaching this idiot here before work ends and make sure he does not utter any more rubbish.” Ari flipped her hair and with her nose in the air, she walked past Kris.

 

Want to play with me? Not so fast, Kreasy boy. Ari thought.

 

*~*~*

 

 

K R I S

 

 

“Hey, bro, you all right?” Ricky approached Kris and pulled him up to his feet. “Man, I’ve never seen that demon reacting so angrily before.” Kris dusted his pants and shirt, still raging with that fact that that woman was so rude to him.

 

“Is she always like that? Ill-treating you guys?” his colleagues gathered around him, giving him looks of pity. “Why are you all looking at me like that? Is my face dirty?”

 

Ricky sighed, shaking his head. “Kris, I’m afraid you’re so screwed now.” Kris just nodded, uninterested about knowing how screwed is he at this moment. He walked around the department, checking their working tables and stuff they did.

 

“Kris are you even listening to me? And stop moving around! Your table is right here.” Ricky pointed to a working table.

 

“Really? I have a table for myself?” Kris hopped over to where Ricky was standing. Placing his bag on the chair he sat down and smiled. “Damn, this chair is good.”

 

“Uhm, Kris?”

 

“Yea?”

 

“That’s my chair and my side of the table. You sit beside me and watch how I do. That’s the purpose of being an assistant marketing officer, Kris.” Ricky explained and pulled out a plastic chair for Kris to sit.

 

“Oh my gosh, are you serious?” Kris shook his head and accepted the fact that he was the lowest ranking person in this department. But if that’s the case, keeping his real identity low wouldn’t be a problem then.

 

“Yes and please come to work on time. Miss Park is very particular about all these stuff,” Ricky then went on to explain a lot more details that he needs to take note of.

 

“Geez, she’s such a pain in the , I supposed?” Kris chuckled to himself; things will definitely get interesting with her around. Ricky shushed him up as if she’s just behind him.

 

“Shh! Don’t talk so loud! She can hear us!”

 

“She’s not even here. I don’t see her anywhere. Anyway, I’m going to change this plastic chair. It’s not even fitting for my backside.” Kris grumbled, shifting uncomfortably on his seat. There isn’t enough space for legroom too.

 

Ricky laughed, “What are you? The CEO? Doesn’t mean you want to change you can do it, newbie. I’ll ask Miss Park if she allows you to get a better chair though. Now try not to get into her nerves, you’ll never know what will she do to you.” Ricky warned, shaking his head. “You’re just like Daniel.”

 

“Daniel? Who’s Daniel?” Kris asked, curious. Ricky looked at him, deciding whether reveal it to this newbie here. Making up his mind, he moved forward.

 

“Daniel is the guy before you. But he got kicked out because of some… mental issues. They say that Miss Park is,” he leaned even closer. “ually harassing him! But of course they didn’t believe Daniel even though most of us do… Poor guy. So apparently before the situation worsen, Miss Park sacked him.”

 

“You can’t be serious.” Kris said, mouth agape. “She doesn’t seemed like that type to me.”

 

Ricky pulled away and packed the files on his table, setting them aside neatly. “You never know… Anyway, it’s time for us to get ready for the party. Although I’m worried about our innocence tonight.”

 

“No way…” Kris gulped. “I hope not.” 

 


Author's Note: 

Heylo! Hope you guys enjoyed it! :) 
Do comment and subscribe! XD