Park Ari

Project Undercover Boss

 

A R I 

 

“Oh my gosh, I heard that she’s back today. I can’t believe our luck!”

 

“Damn, she better be prettier or please, I just hope that her character is better. I can’t stand working with her.”

 

“Me neither.”

 

The girls in the toilet were busy gossiping but failed to notice that there was someone in the toilet cubicle. And that is none other than Park Ari – the ‘she’ that they’ve been talking about the whole time. Yes, Park Ari is I.

 

Slamming the door opened, I crept out of the cubicle and leaned against the wall, arms folded. The girls’ face whitened and they froze as if they’d seen a ghost – heck maybe a monster. I smirked. “Ladies, care to move away and let me wash my hands?”

 

One of them quickly scooted to a side, her head lowered. “Y-yes, s-sure, Miss Park.” I approached the sink and flipped opened the water tap, letting the water run freely down the sink. I took my time to wash my hands and even did the full proper hand washing techniques to let time pass.

 

“Here’s some tissue for you, Miss Park.” The same girl offered. Her lipstick was still halfway done and I felt bad for her.

 

“Thank you.” I took the tissue from her and wiped my hands dry. “Do hurry and finish putting on your makeup before the clock strikes 9. If not you’re not included in my morning meeting.” I said, discarding the tissue in the bin before walking off.

 

That was just annoying. What with the ‘she better be prettier’ comment. Oh gosh, these girls really need to get a life. Yes, I’m strict and sometimes overbearing but it’s all for a good cause. Why can’t they see that? And now with Daniel resigning as a marketing officer… I’m even more busy than before.

 

That one-week break didn’t even do me any justice. Taking care of my baby brother is equals to hell. I’d rather go to work. I tapped my pass against the scanning machine and the door to the Marketing department office unlocked.

 

“Morning, Miss Park!” my subordinates greeted. I mustered a smile and greeted them back. All of them were fakes, acting all goody goody in front of me but behind my back – let’s just say it isn’t all that pleasant. After passing all five rows of desks, I reached my own small office and get ready for work.

 

“Miss Park, may I come in?” Min knocked on my door. She’s my assistant she’s really capable. One of the people here I trust most is her. Maybe ‘cause she knew how I work.

 

“Yes sure.” I said.

 

Min stepped into my office and closed the door behind her. “How are you, Min?”

 

“I’m fine, Miss Park. Here are all the documents that I’ve compiled during the one-week break you had. This pile here is for you to go through during the morning meeting and this is for you to verify while in the office. There are some issues being passed down by Mr. Lee and he wants you to address it ASAP.” Min explained and sorted out each and every documents neatly.

 

“Thank you, Min. Please inform the rest to be ready in ten. We’ll start our morning meeting at 9.AM sharp.” I ordered.

 

“Yes, Miss Park. I’ll get going then.”

 

When the door clicked close, I nearly wanted to dig my eyeballs out. It’s only one week and there’s so much stuff to do. First things first, I better sort out the stuff for morning meeting – AKA morning meeting. It’s where we gather for a short meeting and to discuss the sales for the company. It’s also the time where I pick on lazy people and tell them to buck up.

 

When it’s nearly 9, I gathered my papers today and brought my laptop with me. With hasty steps, I reached the meeting room just in time. My subordinates pivoted at my entrance and bowed politely while I took my seat.

 

“Don’t bother, just seat and get started.” I ordered, setting my laptop down. Min sat behind me, her fingers busy typing away. “Will Mr. Lee be here with us today?”

 

“I don’t think so, Miss Park. I heard that the CEO gave him a hard time during yesterday’s meeting.” Min replied.

 

. He’s going to vent his anger on me later. “All right. Get the projector ready, I want to see whether did you all slack while I was away.”

 

Everything went well except for some loopholes in some of the sales amount but nonetheless, it was OK. “Ricky, I expect you to bring up the sales to this amount in this week, is that possible?”

 

“It’s quite hard for me to say, Miss Park. Without Daniel, work is getting harder. I must need more time.” Ricky replied.

 

I frowned and turned to Min again. “When is Daniel’s replacement coming in? Can you make sure he or she can make it latest by Friday?”

 

“I’ve already found a replacement for Daniel, Miss Park. I’ll ring him up for the replacement to report work latest by Friday.” Min answered.

 

“Good. Now you hear that Ricky? After this week, I expect the sales to go up.” I smiled at him and he looked back at me shyly. “Any complaints from customers recently?” I questioned.

 

“None, Miss Park.” This time, it was that girl who talked behind my back who answered. “The recent product that our company has launched so far has no defects or caused any dissatisfaction among our customers. This is the first time that we’ve received no complaints for a product.”

 

“Great. Keep it up. If there are any complaints, deal with it immediately. OK, meeting is over. Please get back to work.”

 

 

 

*~*~*~*

 

K R I S

 

 

“I’d just received this pile of documents from Mr. Lee. It seems like he managed to insert all these amounts in.” Mr. Park passed Kris the stack of documents. He flipped through quickly, scanning the amounts with his eyes and calculated them mentally.

 

“Don’t tell me he covered up the sales amount, but how?” Kris questioned. “Unless – ”

 

“Unless the amounts are real.” Mr. Park completed the sentence for him. They both looked at each other. “Which means Mr. Lee didn’t lie, Sir. I’m afraid that your calculations had an error – “

 

“No, there can’t be an error. Something is really wrong. How can he cover up a total of 9 billion won in just one day? Do you think people will be crazy to suddenly buy our products in one day? It’s impossible, Mr. Park. Something is really wrong.”

 

Kris closed the file and rubbed his temples. “I’m afraid that there’s some illegal activities going on down there. He can’t manifest 9 billion won in one day, Mr. Park.”

 

“It’s possible if the 9 billion won was his money.”

 

“Then tell me where on Earth did he get those money?” Kris suddenly stood up, eyes steeled on Mr. Park. “I’m going to have to inspect the Marketing Department. It’s time to show my face, don’t you think so, Mr. Park?” 

 


 

Author's Note: 

Double updates for today! 
Hope y'all enjoyed! <3