Marked

Project Undercover Boss

 

 

By Friday, Ricky and his excuses for not coping well without a new partner were frustrating me. He didn’t seem to show me that he’d actually worked hard by staying over-time either. I’ve decided not to hold the morning hurdle today since, basically everything is still the same.

 

Mr. Lee was also in a joyous mood when I visited him for a short talk. It’s been a long time since he’d shown me this side of him. One was when he was promoted and the other was when he had a newborn daughter.

 

And heck, he even offered me a pay rise for this month even when I didn’t do much. It’s rude to decline such a wonderful offer so I accepted it graciously. “You’re so young and yet you achieve such a big role in your age. I’m impressed. Continue to work harder, Ari-ah.” Was what he said to me.

 

When it was lunchtime, I was being called by Si Young, my one and only best friend for life. She’s working directly under Mr. Lee, so you can say that she’s his assistant. Si Young is everything a woman desires. Perfect body; tall, curvy and extremely stunning. Her fashion sense is something I always praise her everyday. If there’s such thing as reincarnation, she might be a Queen in her previous life and I’m her slave.

 

Unlike her, I’m those type that hates bothering myself with fashion. As long as I’m wearing comfy clothing, I’m fine. I don’t wear heels, my hair is always in a mess and I tend to wear less make-up. Sometimes none at all. I don’t wear dresses or skirts to work only working pants. Call me old-school, but all these little things keep me going when I’m working over-time which is everyday.

 

“PARK ARI!” Si Young screamed from outside. I rolled my eyes just in time when the door burst opened and she darted in. “ARI-AH HURRY AND STOP WORKING. IT’S TIME FOR LUNCH.”

 

“Yes, I know! Let me lock my laptop first.” I hurriedly closed my browser and took my wallet with me. “Where are we eating?” I fell into step beside her. She hooked her arm around mine.

 

“Sushi. Let’s have sushi today!”

 

“All right.” I replied. I can never fight with her on food. She’s really picky about food. I’m fine with anything.

 

“Where’s Min? Not joining us?”

 

“Nah, she went to pick up a newbie today. I hope that he or she is good.” I sighed, crossing my fingers. Please no hell.

 

“If that newbie is a guy, call me ASAP. I’m going over to check him out immediately,” Si Young grinned wildly.

 

“Didn’t you have a boyfriend?”

 

“I broke up with him yesterday. He’s a frickin’ bastard. Useless pig,” Si Young spent the next fifteen minutes talking about how unfaithful her previous boyfriend was. I had to stop her by stuffing food in .

 

“Yea, I get it. Now eat. We have to get back to work by 1.” But she didn’t stop there, not when she’s not done talking.

 

“When are you going to get a boyfriend? You’re 22 years old already and you never date any guys at all. I’m disappointed in you, Ari-ah,” she faked a cry. “I’m going to get one guy for you. Let’s go to the club today. We’re partyin’.”

 

I grimaced at the word ‘club’. I hated clubs ever since I went there once with her. I nearly died of suffocation and swore I will never step into a club for like the next ten years or so. “Er, no thanks. I have work to do.”

 

“Don’t be a spoilsport! It’s Friday night aka partyin’ night. I don’t care. You’re coming with me after work,” Si Young reaffirmed, daring me to rebut her.

 

“Let me think about it first. I’ll tell you whether I’ll be going later,” I say, my mind going through the numerous execuses for not going tonight. But there’s something in her eyes that tells me that she’s not going to stop here.

 

“Sure, my lady. I’ll definitely make sure you come with me to the club.”

 

--

 

When I went back to my office, Min wasn’t back yet. Which means the newbie is taking a helluva time for him to report work. And since he or she still didn’t show his here even after lunchtime, he or she is going to get it from me, real bad.

 

After submitting five reports to Mr. Lee, I left about two hours or so before knock off time. Taking a break away from my laptop, I strolled out of my office and into the mini kitchen for a cup of coffee.

 

“Oh, Ricky. You’re here,” Ricky stiffened when I called his name; a sign that the people here always shows.

 

Ricky turned around and smiled at me. “Yes, Miss Park. Resting for a little while…”

 

“I see. Since you have so much time to rest, I’m sure that your work is getting better? I expect to see results on next Monday’s morning hurdle, Ricky.” I didn’t mean to add pressure to this poor man but whatever. Not my fault.

 

After fixing my own cup of coffee, I headed back to my office, satisfied that none of them were slacking. Just when I was about to step into my office, I saw Si Young’s scanning her own card into the scanner and her eyes were locked on me. Oh gosh, what is it now…?

 

“ARI-AH!!!” she skipped over to me and happily pulled me away from my office and stood in front of all my subordinates. I cleared my throat and glared at Si Young.

 

“What are you planning to do?” I said through my gritted teeth. Si Young winked at me and gave me a smile that says ‘watch and learn’.

 

“Guys, since it’s Friday, we’re going to party! Your boss is treating you all for a round of drinks and if you don’t attend the party, let’s just say that this lady right here won’t be happy. How about it?” Si Young asked enthusiastically and my bunch of subordinates obviously agreed.

 

“YESSAH! MISS PARK YOU’RE THE BEST!”

 

“Thank you Miss Park!”

 

I forced a smile. My pride is on the line. Stupid Si Young you’ll get it from me. “Y-yeah…”

 

Just then, somebody cleared his throat loudly for everyone else to shut up and stare behind me. Now, no one else does that except for me in this level. Nostrils flaring, I spun in my heels to catch that culprit. My mood is already bad and that irritating just made it worse.

 

Tall, lean with dark golden hair with almond shaped eyes framed with beautiful lush eyelashes. His white shirt was ed, making an obvious V-shape down his body. With a devil-lish smile he said, “Good afternoon, Miss Park. I’m Wu Yifan, the new assistant marketing officer. You can call me Kris.”

 

My eyes twitched in irritation.

 

This newbie… You’re so dead.