Prologue

Project Undercover Boss

Prologue: Little Kris

 

 

 

The sunlight streamed through the curtains, casting a warm glow on the ground, hitting the tip of Kris’ feet. He drummed his fingers on the table and closed his eyes, appreciating this moment of silence and peace when one of his personal guards barged into his room, his private tutor trailed behind him.

 

“Sorry for the wait, young master Kris. Professor Kang is here to teach you Math now.” His guard stepped aside and pulled the chair out of the teacher to sit. Professor Kang is Kris’ private Math tutor ever since Kris was three. His parents managed to engage a professor who sees children with extraordinary talents. And for Kris: It’s his brain.

 

“Young Master Kris, sorry to keep you waiting,” Professor Kang flipped open the Math textbook and instructed Kris to solve all within a given time limit. With his left hand stuck in his pocket, he scribbled down all the answers in a blank piece of paper and when he’s done, he slammed the pencil down, head high.

 

Professor Kang cleared his throat and collected the paper from him. Even though he didn’t voice it out, but he actually disliked Kris for being very rude to him and ever since he was his tutor, Professor Kang has been waiting for an opportunity to shame Kris in front of all his servants and guards.

 

“You don’t have to mark it, Mr. Kang. I’ll get it all correct anyways. Let’s just get on with the next topic.” Kris mocked a yawn and waved for his servant to pass him a drink.

 

“Only barely twelve and yet so bratty.” Mr. Kang muttered under his breath.

 

“What? I can’t hear you, Mr. Kang.” Kris hissed.

 

“Nothing, young master Kris. As expected, you’ve aced the university level questions. Now let’s move on…”

 

“No, it’s ok. I don’t need Mr. Kang to teach me anymore. I’m going for a swim.” Kris closed his own textbook and stood up, eyes lowering on Professor Kang. “Come back when you’re more confident on teaching me, Mr. Kang.”

 

Professor Kang stiffened, definitely offended by this bratty boy. He stood up and glared back at Kris. “Don’t you dare talk to your senior like that, boy. Doesn’t mean you’re a genius and you can throw away all your manners. You sit down and listen to me.”

 

Kris didn’t back down after what Professor Kang said, instead a smile formed on his lips. “You dare to challenge me, Mr. Kang?”

 

Professor Kang’s gaze wavered, his jaw clenched. “Fine. I’ll leave when you can solve these questions.” He bent over and fished out a stack of papers from his briefcase and slammed it hard on the table. “These are all problems came out by a doctor, a level higher than me. If you can solve all of these, I’m ready to leave.”

 

Kris pulled his hands out of his pocket, eyebrows raised. “I’ll make sure you leave, Mr. Kang. Find me in an hours’ time. I’ll be done by then.”

 

“Don’t be so confident. If I find one mistake, you’re going to apologize to me and change your bratty attitude.” Professor Kang said. He stepped back and clicked his time watch. “Start doing the questions, boy. Before time runs out.”

 

*~*~*

 

 

During dinnertime, his parents were with him and discussing about their trip to South Korea, where his father’s main company base is located. For now, they are living in New Zealand visiting Kris’ maternal grandparents.

 

“Kris I heard that Mr. Kang officially graduated you from his Math class. Is that a good or a bad thing?” His father asked in all smiley mood. 

 

“Yeah dad, he made me do a couple of Math questions and then he decided to quit. You should get me one with a Doctor cert, dad.” Kris mumbled while slurping his noodles.

 

“You must understand that not many people are like you, Kris,” his mother spoke feeling proud whenever she talks about Kris. “Not many people are born geniuses.”

 

“What’s the point of knowledge when I don’t even use them anywhere? I don’t attend normal public schools and I don’t even have a friend to play with like normal kids – ” Kris’ sudden outburst of frustration alarmed his parents, however it was gone in a flash. Kris lowered his head.

 

“Don’t be sad, Kris. We had it all planned. For your thirteenth birthday we’re going to celebrate it in South Korea and we’ll give you a perfect gift. A gift that make use of your brainy brain and we guarantee that you’ll not be bored.”

 

Kris’ eyes lit up. “Really?”

 

“Yes.” His parents chorused.

 

*~*~*

 

A Year Later: Seoul

 

 

“Happy Birthday, Kris! My precious son.” His mother hugged Kris tightly and had no intention of letting him go so soon. Kris groaned in his mother’s embrace. “Mom…” Mrs. Wu laughed and let him go, ruffling his hair.

 

“Are you ready for your present?”

 

“Not really,” Kris answered. “I just want to sleep but you woke me up so early… And make me wear these.” Kris sauntered out of the mansion’s door in a tailor-made suit that his father got him.

 

“It’s so fitting for you, Kris. Come on, let’s go. Your father is waiting,” they both got into the car and drove off to the City and into the VIP passageway of one of the tallest building in Seoul. With wide eyes, Kris stumbled out of the car and admired the towering building in front of him. The building was so tall that he barely could see the top.

 

His mother held his hand. “Follow me.” She led little Kris into the huge and grand building. Nobody was there to greet them though, since it’s the VIP entrance. However, at the end of the hallway stood a young man in suit. When he saw them, he bowed low.

 

“Mrs. Wu and young master Kris. Welcome. Please come with me.” The young man took over and led them both up to the highest floor in this building: the CEO floor, only the CEO can excess to that floor.

 

The lift doors opened and they stepped out, only to see another set of double doors. What on earth are my parents planning…? Kris thought. The doors swung opened, revealing his father standing in the middle of his humongous private office. Kris took in the area and realized that his father’s office had a lot of childish stuff. At the side of the room, he even had a playing corner where Kris’ favourite cartoon character, Ben Ben, in it. Beside it stood a bookshelf filled with Kris’ books. Why is it doing there?

 

And on the other side of the room, a small little game room was placed there. Don’t tell me dad actually plays with all these?

 

“How is it? Good?” his father asked, grinning.

 

“Err… dad, I didn’t know you liked Ben Ben too…”

 

Mr. Wu laughed out loud. “No, that’s not for me, it’s for you! Welcome to your office, CEO Kris. This is your birthday present from us.” 

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me. Dad I’m on thirteen!” Kris argued, taken aback by his overly ridiculous gift from his parents.

 

“Precisely! You said you learnt everything already and wanted more challenging stuff. You’re going to love this, Kris. Show me what can you do with that brain of yours, Kris. I’ll be expecting great results from you, young boy.” His father patted his shoulder.

 

“But how am I supposed to run a company when I’m so small? People will not listen to me, they’ll force me to quit and then my reputation as the Wu family’s son will be gone. They’ll not believe a thirteen years old boy running such a large company like this.” Kris hoped that his father would change his mind and take back what he’d just said. He was not ready for this.

 

“Fine then. We’ll not let the world know that you’re only thirteen. In fact, nobody will even know that my son is actually the one controlling this company. Don’t worry too much, young boy. Everything is in my hands. Trust me.” His father hugged him and whispered into his ear. “After all who was the one who managed hundreds over companies single-handedly? It’s time to pass some to you, young boy.”

 

 


Author's Note:

Dayum, sorry if this prologue is boring and whadever but I had to tell the background story of Kris and stuff. Although he's a genius and yada yada yada, he's actually still a kid... <3 
I'll update tomorrow since it's already 12 here and i'm beat. T^T
Nonetheless, I hope you guys enjoyed and do comment & subscribe! Of course it'll be a bonus if you upvote this story!