2

Miss Unseen

 


Note:

Due to some readers who asked me, I decide to change the phrases and give names to the female characters:

Miss Unseen        : Han Nara

Princess of Light  : Kim Eunji

Bully Queen           : Cho Hana

Bullied Girl             : Baek Yejin


 

I yawned in the class even though the clock still pointed at 8. As usual, I stuck in writing notes for each subjects. Pathetic. Inhaled my breath, I turned my face to the window. Another class was running through the field with P.E teacher commands.

I wish the school ended as soon as possible. Sleeping in my bedroom would be enough to forget this boring life for a while. The lucky of being unseen girl was even you yawned over and over; no teacher could see your laziness. I should be grateful for that.

 

In the middle part of classroom, I could see Sehun and Eunji smiling to each others. These people, really? They shouldn’t be so obvious.

Lately when I saw Kim Eunji, I couldn’t think of anything but acknowledge her hard work. I remembered one time in our life when we were just ordinary girls. We were just kids who admired everything on the TV. But as we grew older, Eunji started to change. She had an ideal picture of future herself and she started to show her dissatisfaction ever since that day.

She had motivation, she had money and she had courage to work hard pursuing what she wanted. As a result she became prettier and more popular day by day. And here I am, as plain as the days went by.

 

As the teacher explained the math formula, she noticed the two didn’t pay attention.

“Oh Sehun! Kim Eunji! Please keep your attentions to the lesson!” she reminded.

Both of them gasped with red faces.

“Sorry, Teacher!” Sehun ruffled his hair awkwardly.

Eunji smiled shyly to the teacher, “I’m sorry Teacher. I’ll pay attention now.”

The teacher nodded with a slight smile. See, even teachers couldn’t deny the fact that people like them would always lighten the mood. The cute and adorable shining people.

However, Ahn Daniel who sat at the back not far from them scowled profusely.

 

The first break bell rang and people scrambled to get outside. I was thinking whether I should go to the rooftop or eat at the cafeteria. Not far from me, at the desk on the right side, Yejin was taking her time to pick her lunch box. Like me, she would probably be eating alone at break time.

Baek Yejin wasn’t an ugly or a nerd or did anything that usually movies told about bullying victims. She was a usual girl, as usual as me and everyone else. I didn’t understand vividly but there was something about her who made people like Cho Hana felt contented to bully her.

 

I barely wanted to get outside when Cho Hana and her minions came in.

“Yejin!” she pointed, “You’re so gonna get my attention right now!”

Baek Yejin froze on the spot and started whimpering. I definitely must go outside right now but my steps halted while Hana’s minions were on guard beside the door.

“You think I’ll stop because people help you?” Hana grabbed her hair.

“Stop it! Please, it hurts!” Yejin was struggling while Hana dragged her forcefully.

 

They moved closer to my side. I stayed quiet looking at them. Yejin started sobbing when Hana didn’t show any signs that she would let her go.

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t like the sight but I wouldn’t do anything to risk my school life. I would never do anything to make my already boring days became dreadful.

“That’s why I hate you so much! Flaunting your weakness everywhere, hoping to get attentions from Ahn Daniel and Oh Sehun!” Hana shoved Yejin.

She fell to the floor next to me. Her lunch was spreading around in mess. 

Hana kicked the lunchbox toward her, “Geez! I’m sick of you!”

 

“What happened here?!”  

Just like manual in superhero story, Ahn Daniel burst in.

Cho Hana turned with glare, “It’s not your business, Ahn Daniel!”

“You again?”

He grabbed Hana’s hand and dragged her to the door, “This isn’t your classroom, get out of here!”

 

“Ahn Daniel, why are you always helping that girl? She doesn’t deserve it!” one of her minion protested.

He looked at the latter, “And you think all of you deserve?”

The minions stammered.

“Let’s get outta here!” Hana ordered her minions while glaring at Daniel.

“Yejin! Don’t think it’s over! It just gets me to hate you more!” she sneered and waving her hand.

 

Finally the doorway was free now, I relieved that I could go to my favorite place in the school now.

“Where you think you’re going?”

“Hey, you!”

I turned back and saw Ahn Daniel stared at me with menacing look.

It took times for me to open my mouth in wonder. Was he calling me? I thought he was talking to Baek Yejin just now.

“Yeah, you!” he said as if he could hear my thought.

“How could you just go away like nothing has happened to your friend?”

 

Friend? Who? Baek Yejin? Nah, I have no friends.

I wanted to answer, but nothing came in my mouth, so I decided to walk again.

Ahn Daniel grabbed my shoulder forcefully, “You saw everything from the first time yet you didn’t help her!”

To my surprise, I was forcefully turned again only to saw Yejin still crying in the floor. Still in the same position as before. This, girl! It was getting on my nerves.

“She can’t help herself, why should people help her too?”

I was surprised in my own words. It had been a long time since the last time I was being vocal. Ahn Daniel himself was taken aback. He raised an eyebrow and released me.

 

Out of the blue, Kim Eunji and Oh Sehun walked into the class.

“Oh my! What happened to Yejin?” she shouted, “It must be Cho Hana again!”

Oh Sehun shook his head when he got the view.

Eunji embraced Yejin who was trembling on the floor, “Are you okay?”

Yejin nodded slowly.

“Let’s clean your uniform; I’ll accompany you to ladies room.”  

She helped her to stand up and slowly they walked to the door.

 

“Friends, let’s help cleaning this mess, okay?”

Before she left, Eunji turned her face to the rest, “We should help Yejin. She’s still frightened.”

Sehun made two thumbs up reassuring her which returned with bright smile from Eunji.

He tilted his head while he passing me, “Are you okay? Did Hana also do something to you?”

I wasn’t ready to answer yet as getting attention from someone like Oh Sehun startled me.

But before I opened my mouth, Ahn Daniel retorted from the back.

“Don’t bother to ask! She isn’t someone worth to paid attention for!”

 


AN:

Chapter 2 is coming!

Thank you for my 4 subscribers Meilubyu, LulusLullaby, crocodile-naguri, janale6!

I'm so happy that I decided to update soon :)