4

Miss Unseen

 


The sun had sunk down long before I walked out of school to get home. Our group project was delayed for today because Ahn Daniel left earlier. We still had three days before the deadline so Oh Sehun said that we should work on it again after school tomorrow.

As I made my steps I heard someone was walking behind me. At first I fastened my pace but when I heard that person was also fastening his steps I had an urge to turn back. I was ready to run while I turned my head, but I got surprised. It was Oh Sehun.

 

“H-Hi! I’m sorry!” he smiled sheepishly when he noticed my shocked face.

“I just want to talk to you,” he added.

I couldn’t answer anything so I just nodded while I continuing my walk. Oh Sehun leveled his pace to mine so that we could walk side by side.

I didn’t know why he suddenly had an interest to talk to me but one thing I was very sure was the nervousness that I felt right now. The popular boy who usually I watched from afar now was walking beside me. Sure, I must thank my history teacher for giving such a fortune to my life.

 

For a while we walked, no one was talked. I didn’t know, I just couldn’t speak properly after a long time being an invisible girl. Well, I thought Oh Sehun said earlier he wanted to talk to me? Then why didn’t he talk now? I was curious of what he wanted to say, but I didn’t have any courage to turn my face to him.

“Hey, Nara…” suddenly I heard his deep, “What happened between you and Niel?”

“Niel?” I confused.

“Daniel. Ahn Daniel.”

Unconsciously I turned to saw him, “Oh?”

 

Oh Sehun chuckled seeing my widened eyes.

“You know, at first I think you’re a cold person. It turns out you just a shy girl. You still have curiosity.”  his face was showing his eye-smile.

I halted when I realized what he meant. My face was going red at the time I was aware that I now was face-to-face with the so-called Oh Sehun. So, all this time he thought of me as a cold person. Well, I’m not surprised. The others might be had the same thoughts.

At the same time Oh Sehun sensed my changing expression. His smile was now vanished.

“Uh, mm, I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t judge people easily.”

I raised my eyes and found that he was looking down at the street’s surface with shame expression. It made my heart feel at ease, somehow.

 

“It’s okay,” seconds passed away before I finally found courage to say something in this awkward situation.

“Really?” he raised his eyes to me, his light was coming back. It was shown all over his face. What a beautiful creature. He could make my heart raced fast just with this expression.

“Y-yes.” I nodded with stutter.

With that, we continued to walk. Few minutes in silence with Oh Sehun made my heart restless.

“N-niel? W-why are you calling him like that?” this time my shyness was defeated by my curiosity.

 

Oh Sehun looked up to the sky, “Hmm… I was in a same junior school with him before.”

“Is he your friend?”

“How should I say it?” he scratched his head, “We aren’t really friends but we’re also not mere acquaintances.”

“Anyway I was asking you first,” he turned to me and gave me his famous smile, “How does this end up you’re asking me instead?”

I gasped realizing what I had done. I didn’t know what to say again. In the end I was just looking down to the dark street, trying to walk faster as I felt my face heated up.

 

Oh Sehun just needed few steps faster with his long legs to catch up with me.

“Hey, what’s up?” he grabbed my arm as he got me, making me startled and turned to him with confused face.

“Am I saying something bad?” he looked concerned.

I blinked for a moment then shook my head. My heart was beating faster when I felt his fingers wrapped my wrist. He was… warm.

His eyes scrutinized my face for what I felt very long time. We didn’t move for seconds, but finally Oh Sehun released my hand as I heard he laughed heartily.

 

“You are… you’re socially awkward, aren’t you?” he stared at my eyes, “Oh my… I thought you were to me mad earlier. I didn’t realize that you just… you just don’t know what to do.”

My eyes blinked again. How did he know?

“I just know,” Oh Sehun smiled as if he could read my mind.

At this time, I couldn’t help but smile back to him. It was weird. I thought Oh Sehun was the first person that able to know my concerns even though I wasn’t telling anything. How could light people like him be so great?

Oh Sehun silenced for seconds, his eyes widened at me. I creased my brows, feeling confused at his strange changing expression.

 

“Nara, I think you should smile more often.”

I turned away as soon as our eyes met each others. I knew he was saying with sincerity but I never had someone spoke to me like that, not even my family.

“Don’t be shy,” he patted my shoulder, “You’re pretty when you smile.”

Before I could say anything with my reddened face, he continued.

“Well, what happened between you and Niel?”

I sighed, “I-I don’t know. He’s just mad at me.”

 

 “Really? I don’t think Niel would mad to people without reason. He isn’t a person like that.” Oh Sehun ruffled his hair.

“Uhm, maybe because of Baek Yejin’s incident…”

Somehow I thought it didn’t matter if I told him about this thing. I didn’t have anyone else to share about this stupid incident. I was also confused why Ahn Daniel became that angry to me just because I didn’t help Baek Yejin. Everyone else was like that, except Ahn Daniel, Oh Sehun and Kim Eunji.

Why did he expect me to help? I was just an invisible girl. Well, maybe not for Ahn Daniel because now he was always eyeing me with hatred.

“Baek Yejin’s incident? You mean that time in the class with Cho Hana?”

I nodded.

 

“But, why?” Oh Sehun creased his brows.

“Because I didn’t help her?”

Oh Sehun looked at me then he nodded few times, “I see, I see. It makes sense now.”

“Huh?” I looked at him dumbfounded.

Oh Sehun smiled at me, again, and patted my shoulder, making me turned my reddened face awkwardly, again.

“It’s okay. Most people don’t know but Ahn Daniel was a bullied one before in our previous school. So, he hates bullying at most.”

 

“Really? That Ahn Daniel?” my voice escalated and I forgot not to look at Oh Sehun in the eyes.

It was really unbelievable.

“Yeah, shocking right? That’s why he always helps Yejin.” Oh Sehun added, “And he hates people who don’t help the bullied ones more than the bullies themselves.”

My eyes widened in realization. So, that was why Ahn Daniel hated me so much. Since that day, he witnessed me didn’t help that Baek Yejin.

“But it’s no use if the bullied ones don’t try to fight back,” I mumbled as my mind wandered to that time again.

“I agree. That’s why Ahn Daniel changed to be the Ahn Daniel you used to know right now. Nobody can bully him now.” Oh Sehun nodded.

 

I didn’t realize how long we had walk together until I saw my house was few meters away from my sight. And, Kim Eunji. She was standing on the street, in front of her house which was not too far from my house. In fact our houses were only separated by the street. Her house was two houses far from across my house.

“Sehun oppa!” she called as soon as she saw us, I meant him.

Oh Sehun quickly waved his hand as reply. I saw that his expression changed. It looked softer? Oh, how I wished somebody would look at me like that. I still doubt it, even in the future.

“Where’s your home Nara?” Oh Sehun suddenly asked me.

I looked up to his face. Yeah, he was that tall.

Apparently he knew what I meant, “I had an appointment to study together with Eunji, but if your home is still far, I’ll walk you home first.”

 

Yeah, really, like Kim Eunji would let him do that. She would probably join to his soon-to-be boyfriend.

“It’s not too far anymore. Look, that green one is my house.” I pointed the house in the right side.

Oh Sehun seemed surprised, “Really? You are… Eunji’s neighbor.”

I just nodded, even before he finished his words.

“Well, would you want to join us?” he asked me awkwardly, ruffled his beautiful hair.

Oops, Kim Eunji would be not so happy if she heard it.

 

“Oh, thanks. But, no, thanks. Really.” I answered earnestly.

Not that I didn’t like to saw Oh Sehun as close as possible. Imagined if I accepted his offer, I wouldn’t stand to watch the lovey dovey ones mingled in front of me. Bleh.

“Okay, bye Nara. By the way, nice talk!” Oh Sehun smiled as he stopped in front of Kim Eunji’s house.

“Bye,” I nodded while I continued to walk to my house.

Vaguely I saw Kim Eunji’s eyes followed me sharply as soon as Oh Sehun preceded her to enter her house’s gate.

 


AN:

I'm sorry I've abandoned this story since... very long time.

Still, I want to continue to write this story 'till finished.

I won't force people to subscribe this, but I also can't promise that I'll update fast regularly.

The one that I'm sure is I'll write this 'till the very end.

Thank you so much, readers ^^